ADVERTISEMENT

We make mediocre/bad RB's look like Walter Payton...

Our rush defense is as bad I've ever seen. Bee and Thompson look like our only competent guys on the line. Our middle gets shoved around easily and is Downy ultra-soft. Heater needs to come out of the nickel much more or we will see teams continue to run at will against us. Our tackling is awful. We try to throw guys down instead of driving them to the ground. It is like we think we're so big and bad we can just toss guys down. We need to get focused and quite frankly much more physical and quick.

Last edited:
Fwiw, looks to me like the defense scheme and coaches over emphasize "speed" for the players at the expense of strength, toughness and tackling? Obviously you need speed but I don't think to the extent here. Especially in regards to lineman and linebackers.

We have decent defensive end play but the middle is very soft and get overpowered way too often. Of course the secondary is pretty bad as well although they did make a few good plays yesterday. We need to get bigger and stronger in the middle and improve in the secondary.

Yesterday was just sad , 13 point favorite and had to fight like crazy to not only win the game but preserve the win.

It's football, close games happen.

I mean 3 years ago we needed a game winning field goal to beat FAU, 2 years ago if Devon Johnson didn't have an all-time game, we probably lose that game.

3 close games out of 4 is the norm in the FAU/Marshall rivalry.

Yes we're bad.... doesn't help when u have a weak minded offensive coordinator who will gladly take a knee with 30-40 seconds and three time outs before half just because his play calling has sucked and he knows there gonna get the ball to start the second half................... crowd boooo's typically

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT