ADVERTISEMENT

What is the biggest reason for our struggles?

What is the biggest contributing factor?

• Coaching

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Players

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Both

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters
Playing UCF, without many of their top players, shows just how far we are down the talent ladder from the top G5 schools, as was already pointed out against Cincinnati. The fact that John has stuck with Green these last three games shows he isn't too smart, well confirms it is more accurate.

We are a very mediocre football team. Being this mediocre in the 10th year of John's reign definitely proves he is not the guy who can get us to where we play like a top G5 program at this point in his career. We now see why he was a career assistant position coach.

Playing UCF, without many of their top players,

I can't count how many runs UCF would have broken for long TDs had Adrian Killins played today.

The fact that John has stuck with Green these last three games shows he isn't too smart, well confirms it is more accurate.

Go back and look at the play Green got hurt on. His ball security is atrocious - absolutely fvcking atrocious. He isn't ten yards down field with nobody near him. He is actually going through the line and a ton of traffic while making moves/cuts and still has the ball outstretched away from his body, not "high and tight," and just about everything else wrong. The only way he could have worse ball security is if he were to spin the ball on his pointer finger like a basketball.

I don't understand how, after this long in the program, that hasn't been fixed.

It sucks to watch a team you support continue to get crushed. It sucks to watch a team you want to win play poorly and well below their talent level. But what really sucks is watching players laugh while getting their ass kicked. Down by 23 points, I'm watching a Marshall player (I believe Ale Mollette) laugh immediately after getting called for a penalty.

I don't get it. I realize some people deal with adversity in different ways. I realize it doesn't mean he is a bad player. But damn - if I were coaching his room, much like with the center earlier in the season, I couldn't recruit or coach guys with that type of personality.

I can't count how many runs UCF would have broken for long TDs had Adrian Killins played today.

Go back and look at the play Green got hurt on. His ball security is atrocious - absolutely fvcking atrocious. He isn't ten yards down field with nobody near him. He is actually going through the line and a ton of traffic while making moves/cuts and still has the ball outstretched away from his body, not "high and tight," and just about everything else wrong. The only way he could have worse ball security is if he were to spin the ball on his pointer finger like a basketball.

I don't understand how, after this long in the program, that hasn't been fixed.

It sucks to watch a team you support continue to get crushed. It sucks to watch a team you want to win play poorly and well below their talent level. But what really sucks is watching players laugh while getting their ass kicked. Down by 23 points, I'm watching a Marshall player (I believe Ale Mollette) laugh immediately after getting called for a penalty.

I don't get it. I realize some people deal with adversity in different ways. I realize it doesn't mean he is a bad player. But damn - if I were coaching his room, much like with the center earlier in the season, I couldn't recruit or coach guys with that type of personality.

Thinking the exact same things. Green likely possesses the worst mechanics and technique of any D1 starting QB. Absolutely HORRIBLE. Even worse, there are zero signs of him improving. The first pick six was as much on his mechanics leading to a high throw as it was on the receiver. He missed several big plays due to his lack of mechanics. His ball security as stated above is terrible. He needs to be converted to a slot wr/wildcat. He is NOT a QB unless he changes his mechanics in a big way.

We just don’t have any truly dynamic offensive players. Knox is great, but he can only do so much. We simply don’t have the speed UCF has.

QB should be your field general, like Chad, Byron and to some extent Cayto. IG is not that. No one can convince me that IG is the plan for two more years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT