ADVERTISEMENT

You heard it hear first....

Herd Insider

Green Buffalo
Dec 29, 2013
You heard it here first. Lane Kiffin to Arkansas. He will never go to the Bowl game with his stepping stone team.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

Somewhat related to that, what bowl game will FAU select? Will they lobby to face USF in St. Pete? A match-up against Toledo would be a good game too.

Frost is already gone to Nebraska...

I'd be pissed if I were someone he recruited...while there does exist the idea of leaving for a better job, it's utterly annoying that they would leave before (or have made the motions before) the bowl game...while I focused entirely on winning and not moving on.

Its one of the things I like about MU coaches, they actually would prefer to stay which gives the program SOME stability in a way and recruits actually know the head coach is not going to leave so soon.

I'd say FSU's next guy is Memphis' coach or VT's Fuente.

Kiffin is such a high risk hire though. Don't think FSU can afford the risk right now. I think Arkansas is a thing, or Wash St as it looks like the pirate is looking to jump ships.

Reactions: All4TheHerd
Arkansas will get Gus Malzahn. Monday announcement

That would be the worst move ever for Gus.
He's proven he can win a title. He has beaten Saban with a somewhat respectable record...2-3. He has almost as many resources as Bama, and he has more of a brand than Arkansas.

That would be the worst move ever for Gus.
He's proven he can win a title. He has beaten Saban with a somewhat respectable record...2-3. He has almost as many resources as Bama, and he has more of a brand than Arkansas.
He was going to get fired if he lost to Alabama. The fighting war eagles are not happy with him down on the plains.

Just heard a broadcaster say Kiffin is already the 2nd winningest coach in FAU history. He's been there one year. Wow.

Kiffin is such a high risk hire though. Don't think FSU can afford the risk right now. I think Arkansas is a thing, or Wash St as it looks like the pirate is looking to jump ships.

FSU can get Kiffen for Cheap

They are in a bad State financially right now.

As crazy as this seasons coaching carousel has been, I wouldn't be surprised if Kiffin jumped to FSU and played FAU in a bowl game in a few weeks.

Thats a surprise...

Auburn has intrusive big money booster problems as big as any. Jimmy Rane of Southern Lumber the "Yella Wood" guy, is the main puppet-master.

Yella-Fella1.png

IF the Auburn donors and admin are that unhappy with Gus then a move to Arkansas might be a better situation. Arkansas would probably give him 3 or 4 seasons to turn things around.

It was Illinois, and NO ONE outside of Marshall was impressed with our win over NIU.

It's just another meaningless win over a mid-major. Looking at our list of bowl victories, ANY B1G would garner more respect than a MAC school.

Illinois sucks too. Did wonders for LaTech though playing them. Oh wait.

Playing Illinois in crap weather the day after Christmas wasn't a rewaed for anyone

Whos to say Doc hasn't been called? An argument that he has is just as substantial as one that says he did not.

Whos to say Doc hasn't been called? An argument that he has is just as substantial as one that says he did not.

The post said he hasn't been mentioned not that he hadn't been called. It is easy to prove that not one source has mentioned our head coach as a candidate. Not one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT