ADVERTISEMENT

You Know It's a Bad Year for wvu...

49074757_10211097039576776_3406944432019210240_o.jpg

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
Bowden could never beat Pitt or Penn State. Fraud has been fired from two jobs since leaving Morgantown. Gomer never should have been offered the job. Dana cannot recruit a QB out of high school. Fraud, Gomer, and Dana are 7-0 vs Marshall.
Would have been nice to get a win. But it has nothing to do with wvu's current debacle - your supposed best team against the BIG12 in a down year probably confirms to Dana he shouldn't be the last rat off the ship. And next year is going to be even worse. Your fan base has already proven themselves to be cuckolds making excuses for Grier & Cajuste not playing in the bowl game. If Dana leaves for a non-P5 school, the excuses will be glorious. And oh by the way, Saban & Jimbo aren't taking the job so tell your buddies to stop that circle jerk.

Reactions: Timtnt9
We're not having fun at their expense, that's how bad things are for their football team right now.

You are absolutely pathetic and it’s morons like you that prevent WVU fans from cheering for Marshall too. We have one of the smallest states in the country, but still have two FBS programs to be proud of. More Mountaineers would be pulling for The Herd on Saturdays if it wasn’t for the inferiority complex displayed by many MU fans.

As far as WVU’s season, we did not meet the preseason expectations. There is no other way to put it. However, we had several All-Americans, a QB that finished 4th in the Heisman voting, and we beat Texas in Austin on the way to an 8-4 season. We are also going to get paid ~44 million from media rights contracts. That is more than your entire athletics budget, a good portion of which is subsidized by the state.

Listen, I don’t usually let some of your outspoken fans like the OP affect the way I view your athletic programs. I want to see Marshall do well and I want to see Doc have success. I just don’t understand why there has to be vitriol spewed between the two fanbases.

You are absolutely pathetic and it’s morons like you that prevent WVU fans from cheering for Marshall too. We have one of the smallest states in the country, but still have two FBS programs to be proud of. More Mountaineers would be pulling for The Herd on Saturdays if it wasn’t for the inferiority complex displayed by many MU fans.

As far as WVU’s season, we did not meet the preseason expectations. There is no other way to put it. However, we had several All-Americans, a QB that finished 4th in the Heisman voting, and we beat Texas in Austin on the way to an 8-4 season. We are also going to get paid ~44 million from media rights contracts. That is more than your entire athletics budget, a good portion of which is subsidized by the state.

Listen, I don’t usually let some of your outspoken fans like the OP affect the way I view your athletic programs. I want to see Marshall do well and I want to see Doc have success. I just don’t understand why there has to be vitriol spewed between the two fanbases.
New to sports are you?

Reactions: 19MU88
As far as WVU’s season, we did not meet the preseason expectations. There is no other way to put it.
Please explain what preseason expectations you failed to meet. Preseason conference polls by coaches and sports writers pegged you as the 3rd best team, didn’t they? You finished tied with Iowa State for 3rd place. Most Vegas betting lines set your over/under for wins at 7.5. You won 8 games. So, how did you not meet preseason expectations? Or, did you really mean annual preseason expectations of your delusional fan base?

more marshall fans would cheer for wvu if we didn't have to listen to all the trailer park grocery bagging mouth breathing wvu fans we know.

Please explain what preseason expectations you failed to meet. Preseason conference polls by coaches and sports writers pegged you as the 3rd best team, didn’t they? You finished tied with Iowa State for 3rd place. Most Vegas betting lines set your over/under for wins at 7.5. You won 8 games. So, how did you not meet preseason expectations? Or, did you really mean annual preseason expectations of your delusional fan base?

Tony Caridi and "coach" Hunter told them they had a great shot at the B12 title this year. That propaganda machine keeps the eerdiots unrealistic.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Would have been nice to get a win. But it has nothing to do with wvu's current debacle - your supposed best team against the BIG12 in a down year probably confirms to Dana he shouldn't be the last rat off the ship. And next year is going to be even worse. Your fan base has already proven themselves to be cuckolds making excuses for Grier & Cajuste not playing in the bowl game. If Dana leaves for a non-P5 school, the excuses will be glorious. And oh by the way, Saban & Jimbo aren't taking the job so tell your buddies to stop that circle jerk.
It was not a down year in the Big 12....Heisman winner and team in the final, 6-6 Baylor killed a pretty good SEC Vanderbilt team...Big12 from top to bottom is pretty good...not a big Dana fan right now but WVU with Will Grier beats Syracuse easy...did you see just how bad WVU's back up QB was? and they stayed the game with that trash

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
It was not a down year in the Big 12....Heisman winner and team in the final, 6-6 Baylor killed a pretty good SEC Vanderbilt team...Big12 from top to bottom is pretty good...not a big Dana fan right now but WVU with Will Grier beats Syracuse easy...did you see just how bad WVU's back up QB was? and they stayed the game with that trash
When did clemson or alabama join the big 12?

Reactions: W-S HerdFan

I couldn’t care less what preseason polls said. Our coaches, players, and fans knew this was a year to make a run. We had a significant amount of talent returning. We lost to a CFP team by 3 points with a trip to the Big 12 Championship game on the line the last week of the regular season. We should have never let Oklahoma State back in the game a week earlier when we were up 17 in the second half either.

I know it bothers a lot of Marshall fans that WVU has a seat at the adult table. I don’t have a problem that you didn’t want to accept a 2 or 3 for 1 deal on a series when the last one ended because that’s your ADs choice to make based on what he thinks is best for your athletics department. There was a time when WVU fans rooted for both programs though. The hostility began in the late 1990s when Eddie and Don (and later Rich) would not schedule a series, but that was 20 years ago. We don’t play each other in football or basketball anymore. There is no true rivalry. Let the disdain go.

As I said, I refuse to let some of your fans’ opinions of WVU affect my view of Marshall. I want to see you do well and I want to see Doc do well there. I even attended a game this year during our bye week.

Holgorsen's inability to recruit a QB should have cost him his job a long time ago. Apart from Geno Smith (inherited) and Will Grier (fell into his lap), he's had terrible QBs his entire tenure, and Friday we saw that hasn't changed.

WVU is going to be bad next year; I wouldn't be surprised if he took an opening somewhere else.

So, you really did mean it was the annual, delusional high expectations of your fan base again.

Thanks for clarifying.

I guess Marshall fans are the most level-headed too, correct? They expect to win the conference just about every year, even though other C-USA schools have significantly more resources to build facilities that attract recruits and pay coaches. These schools also do a better job of filling their stadiums on game day and are located in much more talent-rich areas.

Marshall has had an operating budget of around $30 million and about half of that is subsidized by the State of WV. According to the data I found, there are also 7 conference schools that pay their respective head coach more than Doc. Yet many Marshall fans think they should be having UCF-like success regularly.

From top to bottom? Absolute bullshit. Kansas went 3-9. OSU was wildly inconsistent, barely bowl eligible, & likely won't make it to 7 wins. Texas Tech did so great they fired their coach. Kansas State didn't even win enough games to become bowl eligible. Baylor barely got bowl eligible & squeaked by a 6 win Vandy team (who lost to the Gamecocks & only beat Tennessee State by 4). TCU also barely got bowl eligible & needed overtime to beat the 5th team in the PAC 12.

In the past four years, even including the conference daddy OU, the top four teams in the conference have not gotten better. In 2015 the top four finished 40-12. In 2016, 40-12. 2017, 40-14. And in 2018 the top four finished 37-13.

Not sure how bringing up the Syracuse loss bolsters your argument the conference isn't down. They don't hand out a "Coulda Won" trophy. And WVU has an abhorrent post-season record. WVU did what they normally do (the statistics bear it out) & collapsed mid-season so a bowl win was far from a given (stats also bear this out.)

WVU fans the entire year kept heaping praise on Allison as the heir to the throne. I wish the kid the best but I don't think he'll be the starter next year, even if your coach doesn't leave to coach a non-P5 team.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
From top to bottom? Absolute bullshit. Kansas went 3-9. OSU was wildly inconsistent, barely bowl eligible, & likely won't make it to 7 wins. Texas Tech did so great they fired their coach. Kansas State didn't even win enough games to become bowl eligible. Baylor barely got bowl eligible & squeaked by a 6 win Vandy team (who lost to the Gamecocks & only beat Tennessee State by 4). TCU also barely got bowl eligible & needed overtime to beat the 5th team in the PAC 12.

In the past four years, even including the conference daddy OU, the top four teams in the conference have not gotten better. In 2015 the top four finished 40-12. In 2016, 40-12. 2017, 40-14. And in 2018 the top four finished 37-13.

Not sure how bringing up the Syracuse loss bolsters your argument the conference isn't down. They don't hand out a "Coulda Won" trophy. And WVU has an abhorrent post-season record. WVU did what they normally do (the statistics bear it out) & collapsed mid-season so a bowl win was far from a given (stats also bear this out.)

WVU fans the entire year kept heaping praise on Allison as the heir to the throne. I wish the kid the best but I don't think he'll be the starter next year, even if your coach doesn't leave to coach a non-P5 team.

heck UCF would win the big 12.

Reactions: The Real SamC
but so many of the eerdiots stalk our message boards we can't forget them. wvu is the gift that keeps giving.

Tony Caridi and "coach" Hunter told them they had a great shot at the B12 title this year. That propaganda machine keeps the eerdiots unrealistic.

Both correct. Two points here.

- Pick ANY other state and pick a school in the role non-alumni Spamites assign MU to in their limited little minds, and show me this thread. Go to the 99.9% WVU centric wvmetronews site and read the FB comments on the rare MU story it runs. Every one get 50 non-alumni OT comments. Pure petty jealousy. Unique to WV. The last refuge of a Spamie, after August's (or October's in basketball's case) certain national championship turns to s***, again, as always, is "But Marshall....".

- WVU and its lapdog media (which still includes the even awfuller under new management Gag-zete, shame on you Doug Reynolds) led by WOWK and wvmetronews, tell Spamie things that NO one over 12 can buy. Always have. Ridiculous comparisons of that program to programs light years better. And these people believe them. This can, from the WVU perspective, have a good side, selling tickets and making people think what they are seeing is actually similar to what goes on at national level programs; but eventually it shows its dark side, as the fans ask how their million star recruits, stolen from Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State's clutches, coached by such elite coaches, never really win anything, and they sour on the team.

But, heck, they can always a swage their butthurt with a good round of "But Marshall....."

Both correct. Two points here.

- Pick ANY other state and pick a school in the role non-alumni Spamites assign MU to in their limited little minds, and show me this thread. Go to the 99.9% WVU centric wvmetronews site and read the FB comments on the rare MU story it runs. Every one get 50 non-alumni OT comments. Pure petty jealousy. Unique to WV. The last refuge of a Spamie, after August's (or October's in basketball's case) certain national championship turns to s***, again, as always, is "But Marshall....".

- WVU and its lapdog media (which still includes the even awfuller under new management Gag-zete, shame on you Doug Reynolds) led by WOWK and wvmetronews, tell Spamie things that NO one over 12 can buy. Always have. Ridiculous comparisons of that program to programs light years better. And these people believe them. This can, from the WVU perspective, have a good side, selling tickets and making people think what they are seeing is actually similar to what goes on at national level programs; but eventually it shows its dark side, as the fans ask how their million star recruits, stolen from Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State's clutches, coached by such elite coaches, never really win anything, and they sour on the team.

But, heck, they can always a swage their butthurt with a good round of "But Marshall....."

A few things:

You need help. Your extreme jealousy and hatred of WVU significantly affects your judgment.

WVMetroNews would not be labeled as a WVU-friendly outlet since before the time Oliver Luck was our AD.

We are a national level program. I’m not saying elite, but we are a top half program of a Power 5 Conference. We have over a $100 million operating budget.

I don’t think anyone was looking to the national title at the beginning of the season as you say. We wanted to first win the Big 12 and then possibly get a CFP invite. We were close to playing for a Big 12 Championship.

You talk about being college-educated yet you don’t even know the proper spelling is assuage. What is “a swage?”

Last edited:

other then Clemson the ACC is week, the Big 10 has not put a team in the final 4 the last two years and the same for the Pac 12...the Big 12 is not the worst of the P5 conferences...mostly likely Pac 12

other then Clemson the ACC is week, the Big 10 has not put a team in the final 4 the last two years and the same for the Pac 12...the Big 12 is not the worst of the P5 conferences...mostly likely Pac 12
So? Only one of those is the Big12 & your statement was it wasn't a down year for the conference.

This was supposed to be WVU's year. The coaching staff even went out & made bold statements about just how good they were. Just about every pre-season publication noted a number of Big12 stalwarts were rebuilding.

The more realistic WVU fans state that they don't expect to win the conference every year - but maybe at least once every three to four. Hasn't happened yet. WVU had their "best team" on the field in a down year for the conference & didn't even make it into the title game. Things may be rough in Motown for the foreseeable future too.

Reactions: All4TheHerd
Shouldn't you be gnashing your teeth along with the rest of your inbred Neer brethren over whether your head coach Holgy leaves the Hole for the same job at a G5 school (Houston)? How embarrassing!!
How is it? Saves the AD millions from having to fire him.

Reactions: countryroads89

SEC
ACC
B10
B12
PAC12

Things may be rough in Motown for the foreseeable future too.

Well, we are in a Power 5 Conference with a seat at the table, making more than the ACC and PAC 12 teams and still won 8 games this year. We’ve won 10 or more games 5 times in the last 15 years. We get national attention and all our games are televised. We are the flagship institution of WV. I think we’ll survive.

lol at the ACC as the #2 conference. It’s Clemson and everybody else now that Jimbo left FSU.

That can be said about every league.
SEC Ala
ACC Clemson
B10 OSU
B12 Okla
PAC12 Nobody. Lol.
See anybody can play that game.
The B12 plays glorified touch football.

You and your ilk are still butthurt because the ACC wanted nothing to do with your school.

That can be said about every league.
SEC Ala
ACC Clemson
B10 OSU
B12 Okla
PAC12 Nobody. Lol.
See anybody can play that game.
The B12 plays glorified touch football.

You and your ilk are still butthurt because the ACC wanted nothing to do with your school.

No, I’m speaking the truth. It would be nice to get back our regional rivals, but I’m fine being in the Big 12. Are you still bitter you didn’t get an invite to the AAC? The funny thing is, both schools deserve to be in those conferences.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT