ADVERTISEMENT

AAC waiting for the call...

Andy- you like to look at all time history when hating on WVU, disregarding the last 20 years with three BCS wins. Yet most of the people on this site seem to ONLY look at Marshall's recent history when they claim their success. Marshall wasn't even an FBS program until the 90s. I love the Herd, but please stop talking out of both sides of your mouth...

The next to last sentence could not be more incorrect.

it's okay to be a Big 12 bottom if the crotch is held up.

Not only do I believe my posts, I post my posts.

Now you girls lube up that bottom and get ready for another Big 12 inch season , being the bottom isn't fun, but at least you know your place...

Mmmmmm,,,,,,arrrrgghhhh.,..oooggggggg,,,,,,ohhhhhhh.....eeeeggggggg.
Yeah Big 12 bottom. Eerbilly nation get your glide on!

I tell you what trollbillys, when that idiot ex AD of yours openly apologizes for the slanderous statements he's made about Marshall publicly and even as an officer of the NCAA I'll lighten up on you girls.

Until then herdat, and ever other trollbilly needs to keep their xanax script close!

The priest of the painfully eerbilly truth !
TGE

Reactions: The Real SamC
I'm still trying to understand the 'truth' that you've played our schedule on the road, except for Missouri, and have beaten them all.

You're our VMF.

Those foes that he mentioned are lucky they didn't play at the Joan.

It woulda been even worse.

Beat BYU
Beat Kansas State
Beat YSU
TCU much like eerbillys chickened out and cancelled game and series when they realized they would lose.

Greenlouse, I just don't recall realizing when we would lose to you guys.

Not saying it couldn't happen but.............

This thread seems to have gotten sidetracked. It was that the AAC is waiting for Marshall to call. I said I would believe that IF Marshall ever called. In today's Herald-Dispatch our new president - Dr. Gilbert, while not saying Marshall may consider such a move the financial state of affairs would be the stumbling block. I don't believe that Marshall has the AAC commissioner on speed dial.

This thread seems to have gotten sidetracked. It was that the AAC is waiting for Marshall to call. I said I would believe that IF Marshall ever called. In today's Herald-Dispatch our new president - Dr. Gilbert, while not saying Marshall may consider such a move the financial state of affairs would be the stumbling block. I don't believe that Marshall has the AAC commissioner on speed dial.

Indeed and Dr. Kopp would have taken the same stance. It's 50/50 at best to join the AAC and spend all that money and improve our status. Mike H is correct , we can schedule the best of the G5s and a couple of P5s each season , stay in CUSA and still really never lose on anything except bowl payouts, the AAC will make more.

Yeah, will
Greenlouse, I just don't recall realizing when we would lose to you guys.

Not saying it couldn't happen but.............
happen int time.

Here's my problem, your ex AD is a condesending ass. Your fans think WVU is Alabama ,sorry it ISNT.
The state NEEDS revenue, you don't want to play. It could become a GREAT college football rivalry game to be sold to the nation , but your never going to chance it because some LOUSE AD that takes shots at MY school doesn't want to.

Stupid.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Yeah, will

happen int time.

Here's my problem, your ex AD is a condesending ass. Your fans think WVU is Alabama ,sorry it ISNT.
The state NEEDS revenue, you don't want to play. It could become a GREAT college football rivalry game to be sold to the nation , but your never going to chance it because some LOUSE AD that takes shots at MY school doesn't want to.

Stupid.

I'm not sure what an ex-AD has to do with current policy but whatever.

And I don't know a single WVU fan that thinks we're as good as Alabama, nor, for that matter do you. Not one.

I'd be willing to bet, though, that a game could be made available but at the same time our AD is not going to hold dates year after year when the record shows that MU generally says no.

Yeah, will

happen int time.

Stupid.

This argument is getting old. WVU has always said they would play- Marshall just insists on home and home series going forward... Which is obviously silliness. Ohio state doesn't have home and home with cincinatti or bowling green. Or since Andy will read this and his only point will be to argue that WVU isn't ohio state (completely missing the point) I'll give you a different example- TCU doesn't play home and home with Rice... It's just not how it works. I personally want WVU and Marshall to absolutely continue the basketball series, preferably in charleston because it's good for fans of both schools to see a game locally in a place they don't usually get to. I also would like to see them play in football every few years. I even thought the 5 and 2 trade off was more than fair. But Herd fans refuse to accept the fact that series is 12-0 WVU and want to have unrealistic demands of the series.

Bottom line- I blame WVU for the basketball series ending, and I blame Marshall for the football series not happening going forward.

This argument is getting old. WVU has always said they would play- Marshall just insists on home and home series going forward... Which is obviously silliness. Ohio state doesn't have home and hom

Again I can't stress this point enough. Your NOT Alabama , your NOT Ahia State. Your the Big 12 Bottom.
Home and Home, like NC State, Navy, Cinnci, Louisville. Can you guys see that you were good when you played in a conference where you only had 1 to 2 big games a year, then you played a hapless Rutgers, went 50/50 with Maryland ( yeah we whipped them too ) UCONN ( yeah we whipped them too) USF etc?

Now you have to play a little tougher road schedule and your HOME ATTENDANCE IS DECLINING each season, even though your total revenue is way up! That's great if your a bottom for the B12, which you are, but doesn't qualify you for Ahia State status, does it?

Eeerrrrfg....loooooohhh......agggggg....eeeehhhhhh.
???

True. From the Dr. Gilbert comments it doesn't appear that he is anxious to go the AAC route. It's called living within your financial means.

Reactions: jocktalker
This argument is getting old. WVU has always said they would play- Marshall just insists on home and home series going forward... Which is obviously silliness. Ohio state doesn't have home and home with cincinatti or bowling green. Or since Andy will read this and his only point will be to argue that WVU isn't ohio state (completely missing the point) I'll give you a different example- TCU doesn't play home and home with Rice... It's just not how it works. I personally want WVU and Marshall to absolutely continue the basketball series, preferably in charleston because it's good for fans of both schools to see a game locally in a place they don't usually get to. I also would like to see them play in football every few years. I even thought the 5 and 2 trade off was more than fair. But Herd fans refuse to accept the fact that series is 12-0 WVU and want to have unrealistic demands of the series.

Bottom line- I blame WVU for the basketball series ending, and I blame Marshall for the football series not happening going forward.

Dude, WVU is no where near the level of school OSU is. If Louisville, Purdue, NC State, Pitt are willing do to a home and home then what is WVU's excuse?? They are no bigger or better than those schools and arguably below a few of them. It's not like they are visiting someone with a super small stadium or not easy to get to etc. or someone who has no notoriety like an FIU or eastern Michigan. I'm sorry but they just aren't OSU and never will be and dang sure aren't above the schools that I've listed. I hate to say it but I am beginning to side with everyone else against you based on this comment. If you believe what has transpired in the past was fair, then I suggest you go spout that stuff on the WVU board where it belongs, it surely doesn't belong here. Marshall doesn't need a WVU series that is unfair and until WVU wants to be fair about things, they can pound sand.

Reactions: ohio herd
And you ain't Ohio State. Go ahead, fool, and drive 800 miles to Ames, Iowa -- where your closest conference rival is. Instead, you could come down here, home and home, every other year, have a good time, be treated a whole lot better than you do your visitors and keep the money in a piss poor state.

I run a bed & breakfast (www.trainmastershouse,com) in retirement. You wouldn't believe the calls I've had for the Louisville game (booked full that weekend). I've had to do a lot of damage control: Every one of them has mentioned that they dread coming up here because of how they were treated when they were in the Big East with U-SPAM. They think they are coming into a seething, ignorant Morgantown evironment, when, in fact, we are one of the most genteel hosts in college football !

True. From the Dr. Gilbert comments it doesn't appear that he is anxious to go the AAC route. It's called living within your financial means.
What makes me wonder though, USM is in a more dire situation than we are. If they somehow make the move and we do not, I would be pissed. Just my two cents. A CUSA without USM or MU is a severely crippled conference to be in and I hope the higher ups realize that.

What makes me wonder though, USM is in a more dire situation than we are. If they somehow make the move and we do not, I would be pissed. Just my two cents. A CUSA without USM or MU is a severely crippled conference to be in and I hope the higher ups realize that.
I don't disagree with you and I don't believe Hamrick or Dr. Gilbert do either. It's just finances pure and simple. If it were a 1 time fund drive that would be something I believe we could do, but to be millions behind on a yearly basis is just not sustainable. IMO

Reactions: beefcake0520
Re: Doc Gilbert. It is marketing. What do you expect him to say? Hey, we just cannot wait to GTF out of CUSA. CUSA stinks, CUSA is a dead end, etc. He is, and will for at LEAST the next 3 years be selling CUSA tickets. So you brag on CUSA. If you own a Burger King you don't say "gee, I wish I owned a McDonald's, it is a lot better, I hope the McDonald's franchise opens up I will grab it ASAP."

At the end of the day, IF the Little 8 becomes the Little 10, and IF it seems that the AAC is actually a long term move up the food chain, MU is so far above any other possible candidate it is not debatable.

Re: USPAM delusion. I am seeing some new attitudes out of Spamland, but the idiot trolls here and the idiots worldwide. NOW the "Oh, we never claimed to be Alabama" line is in vogue. Well, no, since the Fat Donnie era, yes, the standard Spamspew has been to conflate USPAM and the various versions of the Least with what went on in true major conferences, to claim that USPAM's rather mediocre fan support was in fact "special" (it mostly is, in a whole other use of that word), and that USPAM's SEC-ACC cull recruits actually had other options.

Maybe reality is sinking in. A taste of life in a true major, albeit the 5th of the 5 true majors and 5th by a very long way, is starting to sink in on the Spamite. "You" (same words as on your road card, no actual relationship" are a speck. "You" have always been a speck and "you" will always be a speck.

This year, however, will be a setback in the Spamite reality therapy recovery. A cupcake light first 6 games means that the same old "usens is gonna win that there national champeeenship" will be heard throughout the trailer parks of the state. Until the cold douche of reality comes in in mid-October.

Re: Doc Gilbert. It is marketing. What do you expect him to say? Hey, we just cannot wait to GTF out of CUSA. CUSA stinks, CUSA is a dead end, etc. He is, and will for at LEAST the next 3 years be selling CUSA tickets. So you brag on CUSA. If you own a Burger King you don't say "gee, I wish I owned a McDonald's, it is a lot better, I hope the McDonald's franchise opens up I will grab it ASAP."

At the end of the day, IF the Little 8 becomes the Little 10, and IF it seems that the AAC is actually a long term move up the food chain, MU is so far above any other possible candidate it is not debatable.

Re: USPAM delusion. I am seeing some new attitudes out of Spamland, but the idiot trolls here and the idiots worldwide. NOW the "Oh, we never claimed to be Alabama" line is in vogue. Well, no, since the Fat Donnie era, yes, the standard Spamspew has been to conflate USPAM and the various versions of the Least with what went on in true major conferences, to claim that USPAM's rather mediocre fan support was in fact "special" (it mostly is, in a whole other use of that word), and that USPAM's SEC-ACC cull recruits actually had other options.

Maybe reality is sinking in. A taste of life in a true major, albeit the 5th of the 5 true majors and 5th by a very long way, is starting to sink in on the Spamite. "You" (same words as on your road card, no actual relationship" are a speck. "You" have always been a speck and "you" will always be a speck.

This year, however, will be a setback in the Spamite reality therapy recovery. A cupcake light first 6 games means that the same old "usens is gonna win that there national champeeenship" will be heard throughout the trailer parks of the state. Until the cold douche of reality comes in in mid-October.

This is your brain on drugs.

I don't disagree with you and I don't believe Hamrick or Dr. Gilbert do either. It's just finances pure and simple. If it were a 1 time fund drive that would be something I believe we could do, but to be millions behind on a yearly basis is just not sustainable. IMO
Well, all things considered I have one question, correct me if I am wrong as well. When we joined CUSA, wasn't our budget along the lines of 19-20 mil? It grew as time in the conference went on, correct? Schools like ECU, Memphis, UCF, Houston etc all had much more of a budget than us or USM. So my question is, why does it have to equal those schools when it never equaled them before? Do they have nicer facilities that a bigger budget gave them? I think only ECU can say that about their budget. Does it give them an edge on the field? Or did it give them one before? That's where I draw a blank. I don't think it did, we didn't compete well before due to a crap coach who couldn't coach or recruit, it really is that simple. More money always helps, but is it an end all? We will always be behind schools like them as far as operating expenses, being in WV alone assures that. Us being on the lower end of budget, say 35 mil, would put us in line with those that are in the mid 40s due to location alone. I don't know the numbers on what would be gained if we were in the AAC, it would be interesting to know how much more the rights we sale would be worth (they went up dramatically going from the MAC to CUSA), added to an increased TV check and better bowl revenue. Only MU brass has an idea of what that would be I am guessing. I am not worried about competition whatsoever, even with Snyder as coach we went .500 with most of those schools.

RealSamC,

As a wordsmith/Journalism graduate, I salute you on the "cold douche of reality." Well said, sir!

The "No Props" clause is a big road block. Have to also weigh the loss in talent vs the possible gains financially.
Maybe, maybe not. We don't know that a conference change wouldn't help Doc out a bit. Maybe you get more three stars that give a more solid core? Its all debatable.

RealSamC,

As a wordsmith/Journalism graduate, I salute you on the "cold douche of reality." Well said, sir!

Isn't there another "cold douche of reality" regarding MU and WVU?

Remember the guarantees of Marshall wins, in fact, Marshall routs?

A cupcake light first 6 games

Cupcake light.....lol. If the herd had those 6 games we'd be hearing how it's the toughest opening 6 games In Marshall history. Which would be an accurate statement.

I guess we shall now see a 8 paragraph reply from Sam C.

Peace out.

Dude, WVU is no where near the level of school OSU is. If Louisville, Purdue, NC State, Pitt are willing do to a home and home then what is WVU's excuse?? They are no bigger or better than those schools and arguably below a few of them. It's not like they are visiting someone with a super small stadium or not easy to get to etc. or someone who has no notoriety like an FIU or eastern Michigan. I'm sorry but they just aren't OSU and never will be and dang sure aren't above the schools that I've listed. I hate to say it but I am beginning to side with everyone else against you based on this comment. If you believe what has transpired in the past was fair, then I suggest you go spout that stuff on the WVU board where it belongs, it surely doesn't belong here. Marshall doesn't need a WVU series that is unfair and until WVU wants to be fair about things, they can pound sand.
I'm not saying WVU is ohio state- I'm trying to explain to you why the series doesn't happen annually. Do Pitt and Marshall have an ANNUAL home and home? No! WVU played in Huntington twice, and won both, and won all 10 at WVU. They don't want to play every year so Marshall can hold onto that glimmer of hope that some day they will get that victory.

Let me ask you a serious question- if they scheduled a 5 game series and you knew for a fact Marshall's record would be exactly 1-4, would you want that series?

like I said for you idiots who would take my example and run... Does TCU play a home and home with rice every year? No... And they never will.

Suck it up, dry your eyes, and let's get this season started. Go Herd

I'm not saying WVU is ohio state- I'm trying to explain to you why the series doesn't happen annually. Do Pitt and Marshall have an ANNUAL home and home? No! WVU played in Huntington twice, and won both, and won all 10 at WVU. They don't want to play every year so Marshall can hold onto that glimmer of hope that some day they will get that victory.

Let me ask you a serious question- if they scheduled a 5 game series and you knew for a fact Marshall's record would be exactly 1-4, would you want that series?
I personally don't ever want to play them in any sport. I hate being around their obnoxious fans. I hate having beer and whiskey bottles thrown at me. There was NOTHING enjoyable about every playing them. That includes basketball and baseball as well. I think I can count on 1 hand the cordial wvu fans I have met at those games.
I remember when Va Tech came to Huntington. One of their fans said to me, West Virginia has the best and worst fans in America. She mentioned that she goes to all Va Tech games home and away and had for 20 years. She said she had never been treated do nice by fans at an away venue like she was treated in Huntington. She mentioned a friend of hers was in a porta potty, on I believe she called it the "blue lot" and 4 wvu fans turned it upside down on her when she was in and said "welcome to Morgantown". She said that all the Herd fans were very respectful on trips to Blacksburg as well. She sais wvu fans were jerks there too!

in wvu's defense (a position I rarely if ever take)....the fan behavior improved dramatically from 2006 until the series ended. It went from the worst place I'd ever been in 2006 to comparable to some of the better road trips I ever took. I went from being cursed and things thrown at me, to tailgating on the blue lot the last couple of games there. As I recall, you quit going so my guess is your perspective is from 97 or 06. I say that as a 100% wvu hating Herd fan.

She mentioned a friend of hers was in a porta potty, on I believe she called it the "blue lot" and 4 wvu fans turned it upside down on her when she was in and said "welcome to Morgantown".

I love these internet stories about our fan base. They're fantastic.

Reminds me of the time I was set on fire by Marshall fans during the 2010 game in Huntington. I was just sitting there reading my Bible while waiting for kickoff and a bunch of frat kids dumped gas on me and lit a match. It just so happened that I was in the one area of the planet where there were no cell phones at the time or I'd show you the video. It was horrible and I'll never go back to Huntington for a game.

Reactions: Bronco-eer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT