ADVERTISEMENT

AAC waiting for the call...

Cant say I disagree with anything you are saying. The MAC has always been like they are though as far as TV times etc are concerned. Remember the Tuesday and Wednesday games we had to play? With the rest, time will tell. If you look at subsidy % of them, then look at the same thing with CUSA, a good portion in CUSA are in trouble as well if that determines the survivability of a program. NIU pretty much took our place in ruling that conference.

They have a good core, though lack attendance. We sorta have the same thing. Outside of us and USM, Utep, and maybe LT when they are winning, CUSA is not much different. MTSU and WKY can't draw flies win or lose, which is a shame because they seem to be steady decent programs.

I don't know what the answer will be, if the AAC is still going to be better after a few defections. All I know is the market strategy (I knew it would be to some degree) was an epic fail, we brought in undeserving programs for the sake of their location and it cost us. Its a sad event that took us below the MAC in respectability currently.
Here is an article that shows how true that is.I can tell you that things are heating up in Athens over this. The cost of tuition is crazy and this is being debated. There budget is around 27 m and 18 m comes from students!

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2015/07/ohio_universitys_athletic_prog.html

They are currently wanting to build a study center for the 400 student athletes at a cost of several million. It is not being received well by all.

Here is an article that shows how true that is.I can tell you that things are heating up in Athens over this. The cost of tuition is crazy and this is being debated. There budget is around 27 m and 18 m comes from students!

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2015/07/ohio_universitys_athletic_prog.html

They are currently wanting to build a study center for the 400 student athletes at a cost of several million. It is not being received well by all.
In my opinion it will be the students that allow or destroy a G5 program. Wasn't it EMU recently that the students were voting to do away with the FB program? I see this as bad in one way and good in another. If subsidy cap is created, whether by the states or the NCAA, say the limit is 50%, there would be quite a few MAC, CUSA, MW, Sunbelt schools that will be forced to move down, they wouldn't be able to afford FBS any longer. With this pay for play we are doing now, it is only going to amplify that idea. Maybe that's not a bad thing if you think about it. How many recent move ups or even old time programs that just do not belong in FBS? Half the MAC at least, Half of CUSA, almost all of the belt come to mind. Those that drag down the ones who do belong. The only conference I see where pretty much all the teams are safe in that manner is almost all of the AAC.

What's false? I have asked you to elaborate, yet you don't. Again, prove me wrong.

Well a few things, but the most hilarious one is you think every other state mandates the FBS programs play... You must be getting your facts from Chuck, don't call me a reporter, Landon.

Get real dude

Hey dumbass, I said that in response to the stupid statistic posted that the only time ecu beat Marshall was 7 'down' years of Snyder... Are you really that dumb or are you just joking?

*wvu not ecu...

And in case I have to spell it out for you, it was sarcasm. SARCASM. Why is that concept so hard

Well a few things, but the most hilarious one is you think every other state mandates the FBS programs play... You must be getting your facts from Chuck, don't call me a reporter, Landon.

Get real dude
Look it up and prove me wrong, how hard is that to understand. I know who has to play who due to state legislature. Go ahead, be a student, look it up. Simple statements are not proving me wrong.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Look it up and prove me wrong, how hard is that to understand. I know who has to play who due to state legislature. Go ahead, be a student, look it up. Simple statements are not proving me wrong.

I don't need to post every state's legislature for you, rather one can simply look at the college football schedule and realize MOST instate FBS schools don't play each other unless they're in the same conference.

Well than Mr. Herd dat your obvious inability to answer a simple request to substantiate information that does not violate any right to privacy regarding classes that you say you are taking i.e., course, professor, building, than rather supports everyone calling you out as a WVU troll.

Well than Mr. Herd dat your obvious inability to answer a simple request to substantiate information that does not violate any right to privacy regarding classes that you say you are taking i.e., course, professor, building, than rather supports everyone calling you out as a WVU troll.

Like I said- I'm not going to give you my class schedule. I realize you're not in the highest tier of smarts simply by how bad your attempt is to call me out and sound smart doing it, but for the sake of both of us, I'm not going to give you information about my daily life...

Seriously just move on with this thread.

I don't need to post every state's legislature for you, rather one can simply look at the college football schedule and realize MOST instate FBS schools don't play each other unless they're in the same conference.
AND not one needs to listen to your bullshit. If you are going to refute something you bring facts/proof. I know damn good and well that quite a few state legislatures mandate annual contracts on in state schools, else they wouldn't play or be fair about things.........just like the blue and yeller up north. I can name several right off the top of my head, so try again.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Need some help, here let me give you a head start:
1. ECU-NC STATE, UNC
2. Colorado-Colorado State
3. Clemson-South Carolina
4. Louisville-UK (yes, even when the ville was a CUSA school)
5. Florida-FSU

One known past mandate that faded with conference realignment;
UVA-VT.

Now run along, or we could just do more digging

Reactions: ohio herd
Yeah, I wasn't going to name all of them for him, make him do his own homework and prove himself wrong

Excelent article. Today's students are, and need to be, smarter consumers. The cost of higher ed is booming out of control, and while most of that is due to bad politics, it is certainly worth noticing how much money is being spent on sports that really most students really do not care about.

$1218 per student at Miami (not the real one, the one in Ohio). For sports? For football played on random Wednesdays before no one for nothing on ESPN7? $911 at Cincy in the mightly THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!! For football games for which tickets are GIVEN AWAY ? One dollar out of two spent at Cincy is a student or taxpayer dollar (not counting the capital expenses charged off to the general budget for venues). And they want to join the Little 8? $4 out of 5 at Cleveland State? Outrageous.

If I am eating Ramen noodles, living in a hovel with multiple roommates and working my a** off at fast food and hear all of this spew about "exploited athletes" and paying the players, I'm going to be 100% for dropping all athletics. If I am a taxpayer (and I am sure Michigan is just the same deal, if not worse) in the two state that make WV look successful, I am too.

This article, if nothing else, should disabuse people of this MAC idea. The MAC gets a little money from ESPN to fill deadtime. And spends upwards of 5 times more on sports. It is heading for a breakup. Sports are a luxury that most of these schools simply can no longer afford.

Excelent article. Today's students are, and need to be, smarter consumers. The cost of higher ed is booming out of control, and while most of that is due to bad politics, it is certainly worth noticing how much money is being spent on sports that really most students really do not care about.

$1218 per student at Miami (not the real one, the one in Ohio). For sports? For football played on random Wednesdays before no one for nothing on ESPN7? $911 at Cincy in the mightly THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!! For football games for which tickets are GIVEN AWAY ? One dollar out of two spent at Cincy is a student or taxpayer dollar (not counting the capital expenses charged off to the general budget for venues). And they want to join the Little 8? $4 out of 5 at Cleveland State? Outrageous.

If I am eating Ramen noodles, living in a hovel with multiple roommates and working my a** off at fast food and hear all of this spew about "exploited athletes" and paying the players, I'm going to be 100% for dropping all athletics. If I am a taxpayer (and I am sure Michigan is just the same deal, if not worse) in the two state that make WV look successful, I am too.

This article, if nothing else, should disabuse people of this MAC idea. The MAC gets a little money from ESPN to fill deadtime. And spends upwards of 5 times more on sports. It is heading for a breakup. Sports are a luxury that most of these schools simply can no longer afford.
I never really understood how they could afford their bills in the past with just 5 people in the stands, extremely cheap tickets and giving away tickets. I guess I get it now, sad state of affairs. Curious, Toledo takes the least of the Ohio MAC schools, may have to look it up but just wondering what they charge per ticket to be able to take much less than their brethren.

I am beginning to agree that the MAC may not be a good idea. The question will be, what schools make it out alive when the pimple pops? Where would they go? I'd be all for creating a new conference but also know that's probably not gonna happen.

Reactions: ohio herd
Don't forget

Georgia/Georgia Tech
Utah/Utah State
Neither mandated by the state.
Utah and Utah state are at 111 games between the two. No legislation needed.

Also, beefy's Clemson/South Carolina is not mandated either.

Carry on with the inaccuracies.

Need some help, here let me give you a head start:
1. ECU-NC STATE, UNC
2. Colorado-Colorado State
3. Clemson-South Carolina
4. Louisville-UK (yes, even when the ville was a CUSA school)
5. Florida-FSU
There is a mandate for the ECU/NC State/UNC games, but I can find nothing that indicates that there are government mandates for the other four rivalries on your list. Nor is there one for Iowa-Iowa State. All evidence that I can find indicates that those matchups have been agreed upon by the participating schools.

Of course it is impossible to prove that something doesn't exist; the onus is on the one claiming that something exists to supply the evidence to support that claim. (For example, you can't claim that Bigfoot exists simply because nobody can prove that it doesn't. The burden of proof lies with the person making the claim.)

There is a mandate for the ECU/NC State/UNC games, but I can find nothing that indicates that there are government mandates for the other four rivalries on your list. Nor is there one for Iowa-Iowa State. All evidence that I can find indicates that those matchups have been agreed upon by the participating schools.

Of course it is impossible to prove that something doesn't exist; the onus is on the one claiming that something exists to supply the evidence to support that claim. (For example, you can't claim that Bigfoot exists simply because nobody can prove that it doesn't. The burden of proof lies with the person making the claim.)

the fsu/uf series was started because uf was threatened with state legislation requiring the games and the governor got involved back in the 50s.

a state lawmaker in the last 4-5 years suggested a bill (not sure it even made it to the floor) that would require the usc/clemson game every year, as a response to the conference shifting/expansion.

the fsu/uf series was started because uf was threatened with state legislation requiring the games and the governor got involved back in the 50s.

a state lawmaker in the last 4-5 years suggested a bill (not sure it even made it to the floor) that would require the usc/clemson game every year, as a response to the conference shifting/expansion.
True, but there is presently no government mandate in either case.

There are tons of examples of schools that don't have mandates... Ohio state doesn't play bowling green, Akron, cincinatti, Kent, Toledo, Ou... Etc every year. Kentucky doesn't play western Kentucky every year, Tennessee doesn't play middle Tennessee state every year... His comment was every state mandates the FBS schools play... He is just simply ruhtahded

Whether is was a mandate or political pressure, its essentially the same thing. I see what you are saying, but you also understand my meaning. UVA treated VT the same way WVU treats Marshall, the governor got involved and pressured UVA to schedule VT. I remember this well. There was no official mandate but the writing was on the wall politically.

That last portion goes the other way as well, you guys can't tell me I am wrong, when you can't prove that I am wrong, just saying.

Whether is was a mandate or political pressure, its essentially the same thing. I see what you are saying, but you also understand my meaning. UVA treated VT the same way WVU treats Marshall, the governor got involved and pressured UVA to schedule VT. I remember this well. There was no official mandate but the writing was on the wall politically.

Mandate and political pressure are the same thing? Are just that stupid? Don't retract your statement just because you tried to pull something out of your ***

Da F*** outta here

That last portion goes the other way as well, you guys can't tell me I am wrong, when you can't prove that I am wrong, just saying.
False- people that make up fact and then expect others, who already know it's nonsense, to disprove it are fools.

I'm done arguing with him... He and Sam like to just make up facts and then think I have the time and desire to disprove them, and when I don't, it then becomes fact... Geezus H
If you are done, them move along and go back where you came from. If you can't prove someone wrong, then you can't call them out and expect no resistance. You sure enough spend enough time on this forum to do quick schedule searches (you did say by looking at the schedules after all, I went back as far as 2002 by the way).

Mandate and political pressure are the same thing? Are just that stupid? Don't retract your statement just because you tried to pull something out of your ***

Da F*** outta here
I am not retracting anything I said, you still haven't proven anyone or anything wrong..........still waiting

There are tons of examples of schools that don't have mandates... Ohio state doesn't play bowling green, Akron, cincinatti, Kent, Toledo, Ou... Etc every year. Kentucky doesn't play western Kentucky every year, Tennessee doesn't play middle Tennessee state every year... His comment was every state mandates the FBS schools play... He is just simply ruhtahded
Ohio State, Alabama, Texas and the like, none of those schools or the like can be pressured to do anything, they are their own political force.

Ohio State, Alabama, Texas and the like, none of those schools or the like can be pressured to do anything, they are their own political force.

So what you're saying essentially is there are LOTS of examples where FBS schools aren't mandated to play in state FBS schools... Got it

Wow... This guy.

It becomes law if the pressure doesn't get the desired outcome...........try again.

So in other words it's NOT mandate that the teams play.. Like I said

Honestly man you've already made yourself look completely stupid. Just cut your losses and move on. I'm not coming back to this thread.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT