ADVERTISEMENT

Henderson Center Banners

…...in other news, one of the AD employees was on his way to retrieve the HC Banners, but he was stopped halfway there by a wall of lamentations, insinuations & defenses. A search party has been started, but officials within the Department do not hold out much hope. The rescue attempt has just been changed to a recovery effort.....

So, they stayed in Charleston. How does that have any bearing on how they were treated while they were in Huntington?

It doesn’t, muthed. They just throw shit at the wall to see if any sticks. I thought the very same thing when I read the post from ‘Zilla. That story has legs because we’ve heard countless stories from visiting fans of our opponents for decades now!
“Hang the Banner!!”

It doesn’t, muthed. They just throw shit at the wall to see if any sticks. I thought the very same thing when I read the post from ‘Zilla. That story has legs because we’ve heard countless stories from visiting fans of our opponents for decades now!
“Hang the Banner!!”
I do believe Purdue was treated well. No question. The story about the bookstore sounds like a script from “Leave It To Beaver”. “ Did you visit any of our nice campus bars” why no Mr. Cleaver we didn’t have bus fare to Huntington. We left that in the collection plate at noon Mass. But we did walk over to Charleston’s West Side and scored some nice drugs with a watch someone left in the lobby. Splendid lads, just first rate. Believe that story.

Last edited:
If your step-kid wasn't in this tourney you wouldn't care - be honest. And good for your step-kid that Marshall had the money to pay to enter this tournament, otherwise there would be no "participating".

I don’t have a kid in any post season Tourney and I watched them all just like I watch all bowl games.

I do t get these “snobs” that all of a sudden are too good to watch a sport they claim to like or even love. I think it’s just people that like to whine and bitch.

I don’t have a kid in any post season Tourney and I watched them all just like I watch all bowl games.

I do t get these “snobs” that all of a sudden are too good to watch a sport they claim to like or even love. I think it’s just people that like to whine and bitch.
You watched them all? Impossible. There's no way. Just in sheer hours alone.

The 2 Sam I ams live in the real world. In a sea of kelly green crazy people going nuts in all directions, chanting “Let’s Go Herd!”, they are the 2 sitting in their seats, looking at their Timex watches and wondering “how much longer until this travesty of a “athletics” event will last... “

See what I mean? Nitpickers!! Nothing worse....
So pointing out simple truth is nitpicking? Nitpicking would be ignoring all the positives I've stated but finding one item you don't agree with so you can to try thump your chest for how much of a superfan you are while others don't live up to some sort of acceptable fan-level expectation.

A point of note: In 2015, I was in Indianapolis for the Final Four. On Monday of the title game---I drove to West Lafayette to visit Purdue University....before driving on to South Bend to see Notre Dame. BTW...South Bend is the dirtiest city I have ever visited!!!!

I was in the student store purchasing some items (golf repair tool with the Boilermaker logo & a tee shirt). Two young men approached me (I was wearing a Marshall shirt).....asking me..."Sir, did you attend the recent Purdue @ Marshall football game in Huntington?" "YES, I did." I said---"Did you guys enjoy all the bars near campus?" They replied..."Oh no, we play football for Purdue & coach would never permit us to visit bars on the road!"

One of the players said....."Sir, I want to say something about Marshall and your fans." I WAS NOT SURE WHAT I WAS ABOUT TO HERD!

"Sir, I'm a junior and I have traveled to cities in the Big Ten (he disliked Columbus & ohio state the most)......"your team defeated us and even after the game and before---during our visit)---YOUR FANS, PLAYERS & Coaching Staff treated us THE BEST of any school I have played against."

The other played added..."I HERD it's not like that in Morgantown!"

I found that amusing...

HerdZilla22 in Charlottte

Purdue hadn't played in Huntington as of the 2015 Final Four in Indianapolis.

The Final Four was in April of 2015.

Purdue football played at Marshall in September of 2015.

Do we take down the CUSA banner because it’s a crappy league? By this logic, that would be a yes. Where do we set the parameters?
CUSA is not a crappy league in basketball. The conference was rated as the 12th best by the Sagarin ratings in 2018 when we won the conference, and the conference was ranked #16 in 2019. the funny thing is that the conference was slightly bett
Looking for a win tonight.....and I think the Herd gets it. The problem with this team...they appeared to have grossly underachieved on the season. But did they? There was some minor preseason national media recognition. I didn’t see one NCAA bracket prediction that had our name penciled in during the preseason. I don’t remember if we received one preseason vote for the top 25..AP or Coaches Poll. I don’t think that happened. But I do remember that several people on this site questioned some of the bold predictions that were being made about the team and how we would end up this year. It all started after the NCAA tournament...the season to end all seasons. Anybody that didn’t agree just didn’t like Coach Dan. In the end that small...questioning, cautious group ended up being right. The CIT championship game...that’s where we are and in the end the best that could be achieved. Under achieving team or about right. I say about right....and champions of the CIT tonight.
We would have repeated if Peneva hadn't jumped ship as the clock struck midnight as we would have been very difficult to beat in CUSA. That said, without Peneva we finished about where I expected in terms of conference record and overall for the regular season and I didn't expect another tournament run. The season was solid overall and it will be interesting to see which players step up to become leaders and stars on next year's team, which could be a good one if a certain few guys step up to fill the void left by Elmore and Burks.

If CUSA is ever going to reclaim its prestige, UAB, UTEP, USM, WKU (All traditional conference powers, yes even USM) are going to have to step up and be who they were in the past. We want better TV deals, more revenue? Gotta have programs that people have heard of do well. We lost alot in losing Memphis, only way to get respect and possible multi bids is to have these schools bring it. Otherwise, we will never be a top 10 conference again in basketball.

Reactions: Ninegate
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT