ADVERTISEMENT

Henderson Center Banners

Wrong about what?

I, and most others who know basketball, said that this was a pay-to-play tournament, for #117. It was.

I, and most others who know basketball, said that we had drawn a solid true mid major in IUPUI, and we were lucky to win. We were. Then we got a week off between playing two bus and gym league teams from tiny conferences far below CUSA's level, which we were supposed to beat. It was and we did.

Then I, and most others who know basketball, said that we had another legit mid-major which was a solid matchup. For three-fourths of the game, it was. We beat two mid-majors from CUSA level conferences and two bus and gym league teams with pennies to spend where we have dollars.

This contrasts with the rah-rah crowd who just tried to shut down all basketball conversation with "one time we got hot from a 4th place league finish and it might happen again." Which is the basketball analysis version of "so you are sayin' there is a chance." It was nothing. It did nothing to further the deep alalysis that this flawed program needs to get moving in the right direction. It empowred and accepted losing.

Next year, basketball starts in November, not March, every game matters and losing is unacceptable. Be there. Aloha.
Here we go again, good lord. You go right ahead believe all the BS you just laid again for the 100th time, no one is stopping you. Arena size matters.............lol

Deserving by whose standards? And they could have paid up and played if they felt like they deserved it
That's not how the entirety of how it works, they have a committee that selects the best available programs, some want to continue playing and do, some don't want to (example I know to be a fact is Radford, coach wouldn't commit to it because they wanted radford to host and he didn't want to be a host team, don't know why) and don't, so they move on down their list. Some schools are better as the road team due to finances, some have the ability to draw crowds and break even or make a profit. That's why these brackets aren't set in stone until each round comes to an end. You won't see many power conference teams in these tourneys because it doesn't take much for those schools to be in the NIT, look at Texas, barely above .500....yes they won it, but again barely above .500. Look at WVU, 8 wins, the CBI was happy to have their name, so they took them, but that isn't the norm at all. We had good programs that chose to play this year, ETSU, Drake, Texas Southern, Kent, GB, NJIT. Every one of those except GB, NJIT, and TSU was knocked out in the first round.....Hampton was just as good as any of them, PC might not have been, but sure gave us a fight until 3 minutes left. Guys you can say what you want about the schools involved, accept it or not, doesn't really matter, but those schools could play and Hampton was likely the most dangerous team we could have faced. GB had the potential to beat us as well. IUPUI was not a team I applaud, they faded as their season went along and ended nearly at .500. It really is all in how you look at things here, look at each school and their season, how did it progress, how did it regress etc. Hampton was on a roll when we faced them, much like how we ended our regular season..IUPUI on the other hand was not. PC had a problem being consistent, but that's an issue for any team that relies only on the 3 point shots as the main offense.

Last edited:
so basketball finished near the top 25 or 30% of the D1 programs. I guess it is the best sport Marshall has right now. Just for comparison, oh say football, that would put football in the Top 35 or so. Are we top 35 in football?
Apples and oranges my friend. Basketball gets the opportunity to prove themselves, football on the other hand never will. MT was the last ranked CUSA school, my guess is we won't see many in basketball get ranked unless some of the traditional schools rise back up. As for football, its feast or famine, we need a couple dominant programs a year and we need some ranked P5 scalps, that's also something our league has lacked since the last realignment. Too many mediocre schools in that sport in our league. How long did it take for us to get ranked in 2014, and all because of who we played and the schools in our conference. Basketball is a different bird.

Anyone who does not understand that there are levels among the mid-majors, and that CUSA is probably a second tier mid-major, while the Big South is a fifth or sixth tier mid-major, does not know enough about basketball to comment.

Reactions: Ninegate
Is that why Hampton nearly beat us and why PC gave us fits for most of the game? results matter, not your convoluted sense of what should be. What was CUSA ranked as a conference last year, just curious if you even know. We improve this year in rank and our champion gets a lesser seed than we did last year with a better record than we had, but we have gone over all this before, so maybe it's best you don't comment Sam, it doesn't make you seem very intelligent, more like someone stuck in the mud of 20 years ago lol

Reactions: caliherd
Sam - one more try, and put your rabbit ears (the ones you string aluminum foil between so you can pick up those 3 local stations you can see for free) on:
Your proclamation was that anyone (aka me) who thought 6000 would show up to see MU play for a trophy “is delusional”. Now, you could twist and turn the meaning of that different ways, but I think generally we could agree that by “delusional”, you meant a # far short of 6000. The FACT that official paid attendance of 5784 is pretty damn close to the # I projected is significant. I believe it is your position regarding the attendance at football games is undercounted, and applying your logic to basketball attendance, there is a great likelihood that there were north of 6k in the Cam last night.

Great experience for these coaches, this team and the program. CJ deservedly getting MVP seemed to catch him off guard. Was that his Mama standing beside him? Wonderful if so. I know Robdale’s Mom was in the house. Gonna miss those seniors - they haves carved out quite a notch on the all-time great classes to come and wear the jelly green & white!!
Go Herd!!!

Sam-To make your statement is more absurd and contradictory, you and your buddy claim the OVC is a good one. They sent 2 teams to the dance this year, but do you know what they are ranked as a conference just this year? Give you a hint, its below the Big South lol

Sam - one more try, and put your rabbit ears (the ones you string aluminum foil between so you can pick up those 3 local stations you can see for free) on:
Your proclamation was that anyone (aka me) who thought 6000 would show up to see MU play for a trophy “is delusional”. Now, you could twist and turn the meaning of that different ways, but I think generally we could agree that by “delusional”, you meant a # far short of 6000. The FACT that official paid attendance of 5784 is pretty damn close to the # I projected is significant. I believe it is your position regarding the attendance at football games is undercounted, and applying your logic to basketball attendance, there is a great likelihood that there were north of 6k in the Cam last night.

Great experience for these coaches, this team and the program. CJ deservedly getting MVP seemed to catch him off guard. Was that his Mama standing beside him? Wonderful if so. I know Robdale’s Mom was in the house. Gonna miss those seniors - they haves carved out quite a notch on the all-time great classes to come and wear the jelly green & white!!
Go Herd!!!
He was not at the game and probably didn't watch it either. I suggest Sam go look at the pics that Chris linked to and pay attention to the stands..I find it hard to believe the posted attendance to be accurate, but even it if is, you were only a couple hundred off, which is nothing and proves you right.

Apples and oranges my friend. Basketball gets the opportunity to prove themselves, football on the other hand never will. MT was the last ranked CUSA school, my guess is we won't see many in basketball get ranked unless some of the traditional schools rise back up. As for football, its feast or famine, we need a couple dominant programs a year and we need some ranked P5 scalps, that's also something our league has lacked since the last realignment. Too many mediocre schools in that sport in our league. How long did it take for us to get ranked in 2014, and all because of who we played and the schools in our conference. Basketball is a different bird.
My points is football in the top 35 or 30% of its division? Is football even a top 64 team? Where does football stand to where it is in its division? Top half, bottom half?

Your proclamation was that anyone (aka me) who thought 6000 would show up to see MU play for a trophy “is delusional”.

Actually, A F T E R the game you were s***posting that I was somehow to be "thanked for playing" relative to the gate.

Let's review.

I was right.

You were wrong.

You doubled down on it by pulling a number out of you a** and just proclaimed it as somehow correct.

You were called on it. And not by me. By the MU Athletic Office and the H-D, and another poster.

I called you on it as well.

Now you are, I suppose triple downing on it with further (and you have been on this tangent for this whole #117 Tournament era) protestations that, for reasons you cannot think of, MH is purposefully making the school look bad by lying about the gate, claiming far less people were there than were. Despite the fact that the gate is audited, the tickets sold are taxed (which would making lying a felony), and, bluntly, there is no reason to lie about the gate in the reverse direction.

But, go ahead. OK, you win. There were Eleventy Kazillion Billion people there. Evil MH is keeping it a secret.

To make your statement is more absurd and contradictory, you and your buddy claim the OVC is a good one. They sent 2 teams to the dance this year, but do you know what they are ranked as a conference just this year? Give you a hint, its below the Big South lol

What? So N O W, you admit that mid-major conferences are some how "ranked" ? You mean there are tiers within the mid-majors? That, say the MWC is one thing, and the MAAC another? That the A-10 is different from the NEC? That there are levels?

Which is what I said. As did, and does, anybody who knows the first thing about basketball.

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
My points is football in the top 35 or 30% of its division? Is football even a top 64 team? Where does football stand to where it is in its division? Top half, bottom half?
Top 35, no. I will throw this out there and you do with it as you want, the coaches poll has our champion, UAB, at #34. Is it their fault for not being higher....no, they can't help that who they have to play is mediocre, get not respect for winning against them, and that is where they finished.. A better question would be, should our football team be top 35 if you take mediocre out...i would again say no, top 45, yes. We need to beat somebody with a name to earn any respect, history and results prove that. 2013, we beat Maryland, finished in "receiving votes" at # 29. 2015 we finished again in receiving votes, at # 32, of course we know we finished ranked in 2014. 2017 and 18 we aren't on the list. Now this is the coaches poll I am going off of. Do I think we were top 35 last year, no, but we were definitely, by your words, top 64. We won our bowl in dominating fashion, and even in 2017 we dominated most of the game until the end. It's debatable on where they vote you and where you should be. I think had we not fubarred against VT, we would have been top 35 last year..just a guess

Actually, A F T E R the game you were s***posting that I was somehow to be "thanked for playing" relative to the gate.

Let's review.

I was right.

You were wrong.

You doubled down on it by pulling a number out of you a** and just proclaimed it as somehow correct.

You were called on it. And not by me. By the MU Athletic Office and the H-D, and another poster.

I called you on it as well.

Now you are, I suppose triple downing on it with further (and you have been on this tangent for this whole #117 Tournament era) protestations that, for reasons you cannot think of, MH is purposefully making the school look bad by lying about the gate, claiming far less people were there than were. Despite the fact that the gate is audited, the tickets sold are taxed (which would making lying a felony), and, bluntly, there is no reason to lie about the gate in the reverse direction.

But, go ahead. OK, you win. There were Eleventy Kazillion Billion people there. Evil MH is keeping it a secret.

What? So N O W, you admit that mid-major conferences are some how "ranked" ? You mean there are tiers within the mid-majors? That, say the MWC is one thing, and the MAAC another? That the A-10 is different from the NEC? That there are levels?

Which is what I said. As did, and does, anybody who knows the first thing about basketball.
Nope, I am just using your own words against you, that's not hard to figure out, try again. You and your buddy went on and on about that conference and Morehead, its clear that you and him were WRONG. There are elite mid majors and then there is everyone else, there are not 3 4 or 5 tiers of mid majors and any school that goes on a tear for any given year can be elite that year, Wofford is a good example, Liberty is another, hell Lipscomb made it to the NIT final. So that means that there are 2, maybe 3 "elite" mid major conferences, the rest are about the same. What you don't remember Iona being good? Shit, give me a break. The A10 or MWC or WCC or AAC etc compared to any, most years yes, they are going to be better overall, matter of fact, I would say its debatable that the A10 and AAC are even mid major anymore, despite what ESPN says, I would include the WCC but Gonzaga is the only constant there. I remember when VT, Temple etc was in the A10, and guess what, they weren't called mid major during that time.....lol

Honestly, and maybe this is my big program bias that comes from living where I do, there is no way in hell I would hang a banner that proclaims "We're #117!". I'm glad the guys won, I'm glad some of you had fun watching some extra games, but that's bush league.
that'r probably 100 spots better than Indiana.

Is that why Hampton nearly beat us and why PC gave us fits for most of the game? results matter, not your convoluted sense of what should be. What was CUSA ranked as a conference last year, just curious if you even know. We improve this year in rank and our champion gets a lesser seed than we did last year with a better record than we had, but we have gone over all this before, so maybe it's best you don't comment Sam, it doesn't make you seem very intelligent, more like someone stuck in the mud of 20 years ago lol

Hampton nearly beat us because we tried the same game plan as we have every game...shoot and hope the shots go in.
Its the ongoing criticism I've had with Dan for a while about why MU struggles with teams they shouldn't...at the very least use a different look.

Hampton nearly beat us because we tried the same game plan as we have every game...shoot and hope the shots go in.
Its the ongoing criticism I've had with Dan for a while about why MU struggles with teams they shouldn't...at the very least use a different look.
It's not a "plan" to make shots. Who goes into a game not hoping their shots go in? It's like saying Mike Leach's only plan is to go into games hoping to complete passes. There's a design behind how to make it work, where everything else revolves around it. But it's not just "hoping" to make shots.

Also, we shot 3/26 from 3 last night. Won by 20. Outscored our opponent 50-28 in the second half. We didn't "go to a different look" last night. We forced turnovers, blocked shots, and wore them down in the second half--what we've done all year when we've been successful (7th in the nation in steals/game, 27th in the nation in blocks/game). We're just as dependent on creating turnovers to win games as we are making 3s. That's also part of the design. We struggled against Hampton because we weren't creating those turnovers (only forced 3). Our success/fail doesn't come down to a single aspect (shooting) like some think.

We run the offense we run. Hampton was a solid ball club and well coached.

As an old football coach once said, "the other team gives out scholarships too"

Reactions: beefcake0520
GHMY- We can agree to disagree. Like I said, Hampton went on a roll towards the end of the season, beat a top 150 net team, 22 win Radford at Radford, beat 18 win winthrop, beat the same Longwood squad that beat USM in the CBI twice, beat 22 win NJIT to get to us, and beat Charleston Southern whom beat FAU in the first round. With the #8 scorer in the nation (we actually did a good job shutting him down mostly), you have to give that program a little credit. Inserting Bennett is what helped us beat them. They nearly beat us because they had the ability to. Their first half record is all over the place with a lot of head scratcher losses, but you can see the team coming together and playing tough during the last stretch of their season. Radford nearly lost to them in Hampton as well, went into overtime, and the young guard (jones) for radford hit a 3 to send it into overtime, then hit another three with time expiring to win it in overtime. Radford was a capable as they come for a mid major, did better than we did against similar competition and beat texas and ND, and beating them at their place was no easy task, but they did it.

Pretty sure there were two programs in my "fan area" that were Elite 8.

Indiana had a hell of an injury bug this season....and would still beat Marshall.
Yelp, agree, we couldn't even get close to any of the power schools we played, no way we would stay in the game this year against indiana. I think we might could have beaten WVU though lol

Raoul Duke posted a banner is “bush league.” Talked to DD prior to the game and he stated unequivocally that he wanted to win and to be able to proudly hang that championship banner up and I had witnesses to that conversation so I don’t think our coach would agree with your “bush league” assessment.

Reactions: herdinatl
No, I'm not. You're all over the place. And you're taking it personal because your step-kid plays for MU. How am I not proud? By being realistic on what this tourney really is? Again, I hope they win & it's great our younger players are getting playing time. But we made the NCAA tourney last year. Following that up with the CIT isn't exactly something to brag about.

I will post this one more time---for whatever it's worth.

Dan and the coaching staff were left "high & dry" at the last minute when Ajdin Peneva received some "bad information" regarding him being drafted into the NBA in the first two rounds.

I support if The HERD had Peneva (#1 shot blocker in America his junior year)... who had several Dbl-Dbls ...who could handle the ball coast to coast...who played sound defense...on this year's roster---no way would MU incurred the losing streak after starting the season with a 5-0 record in CUSA! I think The Herd wins 24 games to include the CUSA tournament & receives the auto bid to the Big Dance!

We will NEVER know because History is History! With Bennett being overweight and getting injured did not help the situation. I think Dan & his Staff did a bang up job the end of the season to guide the TEAM to qualify for the CUSA tournament in Texas---- by defeating those same teams that put losses on The HERD earlier!

Marshall came out of the CUSA tournament with a league record of 13-7...they paid to play in the CIT and achieved a 4-game win streak to cut down the nets and have President Gilbert & Dan lead the singing with our Pep band to our Fight song last night in The Cam. No short-comings for sure...Four tight ball games-- not settled until the final minutes!

CIT: A Championship is GOOD, no matter, if it was a Pay for Play affair. It teaches the returning PLAYERS=====HOW TO WIN! The teams that will most of the time have created an atmosphere where "they do not expect to lose any game!"

Hopefully, next year will see HERD HOOPS grasp the 4-game CIT Championship and give them the attitude---NOBODY IS GOING TO BEAT US!

Hang the Pennant and get on with recruiting and building for 2019-2020!

HerdZilla22 In Charlotte

Last edited:
Reactions: herdinatl
Raoul Duke posted a banner is “bush league.” Talked to DD prior to the game and he stated unequivocally that he wanted to win and to be able to proudly hang that championship banner up and I had witnesses to that conversation so I don’t think our coach would agree with your “bush league” assessment.

i agree. i also want to add that recruits will see the trophies and banners and not think bush-league. They will see a program that has a recent history of playing AND WINNING in the post season.

Reactions: beefcake0520

What did you expect him to say?

Still bush league. Then again, pretty much only bush league teams play in the CIT, so I guess I should just drop my argument that UK, UofL, IU, UNC, Duke, Kansas, etc would never hang such a banner.

Nope, I am just using your own words against you, that's not hard to figure out, try again.

If that was your goal, you failed totally. Mainly because you either just want to argue stupid crap, or because you know so little about basketball that you actually believe what you say.

All those of us who know basketball pointed out was that the two middle teams in the just concluded titanic struggle for #117 were from among the very bottom conferences. Games that, had they been in the regular season, MU would be expected to easily win, and, games that we would expect to be no-return games where we were the home team. That is basic basketball knowledge. Anybody who knows basketball knows that.

You responded with a hysterical fit that fantastically claimed that all mid-majors are the same, and went off on some rant about Morehead State, who nobody mentioned. It was truly strange. I felt bad for you.

The point is, of course, there is a reason the Big South, and 18 other leagues have either one or two pages for the whole conference, while CUSA, and other first and second tier mid-major leagues have 10 to 15 pages.

Because the mid-majors have levels. Just as there is a difference between the Big 10 and CUSA, there is a difference between CUSA and the MAAC. Between the MWC and the NEC. Between the A-10 and the BS.

Next year, do some work. Put some time in. Read some material, study, have better takes. IMPROVE you basketball knowledge Learn the difference between Temple and UNC Asheville, between VMI and UNLV, between George Mason and Houston Baptist. Put in the time, and come back knowing enough to be taken seriously.

I will post this one more time---for whatever it's worth.

Dan and the coaching staff were left "high & dry" at the last minute when Ajdin Peneva received some "bad information" regarding him being drafted into the NBA in the first two rounds.

I support if The HERD had Peneva (#1 shot blocker in America his junior year)... who had several Dbl-Dbls ...who could handle the ball coast to coast...who played sound defense...on this year's roster---no way would MU incurred the losing streak after starting the season with a 5-0 record in CUSA!

We will NEVER know because History is History! With Bennett being overweight and getting injured did not help the situation and Levi cook not passing a single class. I think Dan & his Staff did a bang up job the end of the season to guide the TEAM to qualify for the CUSA tournament in Texas---- by defeating those same teams that put losses on The HERD earlier!

Marshall came out of the CUSA tournament with a league record of 13-7...they paid to play in the CIT and achieved a 4-game win streak to cut down the nets and have President Gilbert & Dan lead the singing with our Pep band to our Fight song last night in The Cam. No short-comings for sure...Four tight ball games-- not settled until the final minutes!

CIT: A Championship is GOOD, no matter, if it was a Pay for Play affair. It teaches the returning PLAYERS=====HOW TO WIN! The teams that will most of the time have created an atmosphere where "they do not expect to lose any game!"

Hopefully, next year will see HERD HOOPS grasp the 4-game CIT Championship and give them the attitude---NOBODY IS GOING TO BEAT US!

Hang the Pennant and get on with recruiting and building for 2019-2020!

HerdZilla22 In Charlotte

I agree with you wholeheartedly and hope you dont mind, i edited your post a little in the above quote.

You have a core of wvu fans and a core of MU fans.
The rest are kinda gutless spineless cowards. They go for winners prior to seasons. Usually if their teams lose to save face they say, "I'm cheering the opposite team because I'm cheering for the state!"
Which, as I expected, would probably get you tons of weird looks from real football states.

I live in Tar Heel Country.

When UNC was ousted from the Tournament...SEVERAL fans posted "basketball season is over for me!"

I cheer & spend $$$ on The HERD---no matter what!

In my opinion, UNC folks are not Basketball fans---they are Chapel Hill supporters. I love the Road to the Final Four & although, I'm not as excited as I planned--I will CHEER for TONY BENNETT and UVa because they are in the ACC and I hope that "good guys can finish first.". I find TEXAS TECH to be interesting because Coach Chris Beard started with 5 new player this season. Auburn is a "tuff bunch" and if they are banging down the 3's---they will be a difficult out!

My $$$ is on Michigan State because Coach ISSO has been there before and the Spartans are really good!

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

If that was your goal, you failed totally. Mainly because you either just want to argue stupid crap, or because you know so little about basketball that you actually believe what you say.

All those of us who know basketball pointed out was that the two middle teams in the just concluded titanic struggle for #117 were from among the very bottom conferences. Games that, had they been in the regular season, MU would be expected to easily win, and, games that we would expect to be no-return games where we were the home team. That is basic basketball knowledge. Anybody who knows basketball knows that.

You responded with a hysterical fit that fantastically claimed that all mid-majors are the same, and went off on some rant about Morehead State, who nobody mentioned. It was truly strange. I felt bad for you.

The point is, of course, there is a reason the Big South, and 18 other leagues have either one or two pages for the whole conference, while CUSA, and other first and second tier mid-major leagues have 10 to 15 pages.

Because the mid-majors have levels. Just as there is a difference between the Big 10 and CUSA, there is a difference between CUSA and the MAAC. Between the MWC and the NEC. Between the A-10 and the BS.

Next year, do some work. Put some time in. Read some material, study, have better takes. IMPROVE you basketball knowledge Learn the difference between Temple and UNC Asheville, between VMI and UNLV, between George Mason and Houston Baptist. Put in the time, and come back knowing enough to be taken seriously.
OK there captain BS, care to explain all the facts then about our conference being abysmal against the Big South? Improve you mind, it is tainted and stuck in the mud for 20 years. This isn't the 80s or the 90s where that might have been true. You can't single out teams in a conference and go, " that conference is better than this one because of this team " doesn't work that way. Do you even know the damn definition of a "conference", you know, the combination of schools that run as an organization? so you pick the worst programs of this year to compare to some of the better programs of another, yeah, thats a fair assessment. How about this, Liberty (ASUN) vs. ODU, which one is higher........ok I will help you out...Liberty is. Is the ASUN rated higher than CUSA? NO it's not, stop being ignorant and do your research. You love throwing off on the MAC, guess what, they are rated much higher than CUSA as a whole. What is UNLV rating compared to Furman? or Radford? wanna guess who is higher? Does that mean that the Big South, Southern Conference is rated higher than the MWC, NOOOO it does not. Get a clue jackass, if you can't distinguish this much you are truly lost in this sport and don't have a friggin idea that it's 2019. You used the crappiest squads of this year for the conferences you want to say is beneath all of us and then compared them to the better squads of the other conferences that you want to say is "tiered higher". How much sense does that make. You know I never much agreed with Yags on much of anything, but here is one thing I can agree with him on, you are an idiot. We must be the masters of the AAC since we beat them regularly in bowls, by your standards. While I would love to believe that BS, we have never played the top squads from there in this configuration, in this alignment era. So what else are you going to say, Stetson vs. VCU, after I already was agreeable that the A10, AAC and possibly MWC could be considered tweener power leagues and not mid majors at all? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, its the exact thing you did with you dumb examples. You realize that UNCA and USC upstate was the lowest and crappiest teams of the BS and likely why they are rated lower than some of the other mid major conferences, don't you? if you don't, heaven help you, your knowledge is very limited, your understanding is even more so. Good luck to you in figuring out all that's wrong in the assessments you try to enforce on others, I am not the only one that see's it PAL.

W

R

O

N

G

Five Thousand, Seven Hundred, Forty-Eight.

Why argue about things that are that are officially reported and printed in the morning paper? You look foolish.

SAD SAM...you are WRONG again!

Anyone who watch HERD football in the 90's when Marshall appeared in the 1-AA Marshall Invitational like Eastern Kentucky Coach, Roy Kidd called it-----know dang well our administration UNDER-REPORTED so the School could keep MORE MONEY!

Conversely, HERD Football TODAY is over reported when "today's attendance is stated====28,275"--- when we all know that it's a stretch to have 15,000 butts in the seats at many games...too hot, rain, wind, HS football, Church meeting, my grandson's birthday party, etc...the football excuses are endless!

I have attended many games at The CAM and for damn sure there more than 5,748 in the house!

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Last edited:

As far as the Morehead debate, I made the point that we have lost to them alot, and not during their hay days, hell we lost to them last year, our tourney team, your buddy, GHMY was the one arguing that the OVC was great, that morehead was good. You obviously can't follow a debate or you would have known all that. Once again you make yourself look dumb. I proved my point with you and with your buddy. Go back and read some more, seems the reading you have been doing isn't going so well.

Beef/Zilla (new monster movie title?)
Please hearken to my words:
Sam is a troll. He revels in these back & forths. It gives him purpose and happiness. It is pathetic, but important for us all to see Sam as he truly is: a tiny troll hiding under a bridge hoping for an opponent to take his bait. Resist!! Hug your wife/husband/partner. Spend 15 extra minutes throwing the ball with your kid. Take your dog to the dog park. Put your little dog in with the Big Dogs because he isn’t skeered!!
In short: time to park Sam on your ignore list. You’ll be better for it, and you’ll have more time to finish that novel you’ve been meaning to get to...
Like the protagonist in Rocky IV, no matter how much of a beating Drago put on Balboa, in the end the guy in the red, white & blue trunks was still standing. Throw in the towel! It cost Apollo his life ....live long & prosper!! I have a neat stat coming out later tonight...be on the lookout.
When you stop feeding the troll, he withers away....

Beef/Zilla (new monster movie title?)
Please hearken to my words:
Sam is a troll. He revels in these back & forths. It gives him purpose and happiness. It is pathetic, but important for us all to see Sam as he truly is: a tiny troll hiding under a bridge hoping for an opponent to take his bait. Resist!! Hug your wife/husband/partner. Spend 15 extra minutes throwing the ball with your kid. Take your dog to the dog park. Put your little dog in with the Big Dogs because he isn’t skeered!!
In short: time to park Sam on your ignore list. You’ll be better for it, and you’ll have more time to finish that novel you’ve been meaning to get to...
Like the protagonist in Rocky IV, no matter how much of a beating Drago put on Balboa, in the end the guy in the red, white & blue trunks was still standing. Throw in the towel! It cost Apollo his life ....live long & prosper!! I have a neat stat coming out later tonight...be on the lookout.
When you stop feeding the troll, he withers away....

Well then
...just shut my MOUTH! lol

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Well...

After this season and amazing championship we just won...
I fully expect MU to be in the running for a top 10 recruiting class, visits from several top 5 recruits all across America, and several tweets from them talking about the CIT trophy and banner MU has.

Because we're one of 4 teams to have a post season championship banner.

So, its been settled.
Can't wait for next season!

Well...

After this season and amazing championship we just won...
I fully expect MU to be in the running for a top 10 recruiting class, visits from several top 5 recruits all across America, and several tweets from them talking about the CIT trophy and banner MU has.

Because we're one of 4 teams to have a post season championship banner.

So, its been settled.
Can't wait for next season!

I seriously doubt that you are a Marshall fan. I don’t say that trying to be funny. You bring literally nothing to this board when it comes to basketball but trash talking the basketball program. You aren’t funny, clever or original. You remind me a lot of the WVU trolls who have created fake user names with Marshall in them so they can slam our programs on our boards under the guise they are a “fan”

So even though I think you are a non Marshall fan troll, I will try to explain things to you again. There has been nobody on this board. Not one person that tried to make the CIT into something it’s not. But it was a nice accomplishment to win it and it feels good that our team didn’t decide they were too good for this tournament and came to play and win it. They were the number one seed and they earned it by winning the whole thing.

The basketball program did not live up to pre season hype, we all know it. We had some awful OOC blow outs and 1 in conference blowout that were frankly inexcusable. But through it all the team persevered, and at the end of the season started gelling. We went 4-0 in pod play, blew out Rice in the CUSA tournament then had a hard fought loss to a team who beat us by 50 one month earlier. We played in the CIT and played some of our best basketball of the season and won 4 games and the CIT championship. We also did this without our second best player and definitely our best big man. So was it a great year? No, but it was far from a horrible year.

The crowds were good and loud in the CIT tournament, and the championship game had a big time feel to it. There is a buzz around Marshall basketball that I haven’t seen in a long time. People are already talking about next year. So why don’t you do us all a favor and ignore any threads talking about basketball because obviously you don’t like the coach the players or anything else associated with it. But there are plenty of people on this board who do, and many of us are tired of you ruining or hijacking any thread that’s positive to the basketball program.

Sam, let me put it out there in plain English. WS said there would be 6000 in the Cam on Thursday. There were 5748 PAID in attendance. Now, I'm not a real einstein but I can count. 6000 - 5748 = 252. Between the pep band, dance team, press row, game officials, security, concessions, players, and athletic dept. personnel who do not pay to get in, my best guess is that there were well more than 6000 there. WS was right in his call.

Thx muthed....Sam was rushed to the ER where the attending took one look at him and ordered immediate brain surgery.....hours later, the surgeon slowly walked out of the operating room, pulled down his face mask and issued the verdict: “He will fully recover physically, but try as we might his logic didn’t make it.....:confused:
Stay down Sammy. Save your strength. Peace out!

Thx muthed....Sam was rushed to the ER where the attending took one look at him and ordered immediate brain surgery.....hours later, the surgeon slowly walked out of the operating room, pulled down his face mask and issued the verdict: “He will fully recover physically, but try as we might his logic didn’t make it.....:confused:
Stay down Sammy. Save your strength. Peace out!

HA HA HA HA HA GREAT FUNNY ONE W-S HERD FAN....

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT