ADVERTISEMENT

Unfounded Rumor

herdalicious

Platinum Buffalo
Apr 3, 2007
Xanadu
DISCLAIMER: I have no verification of this at all, and for that reason I will say this is the flimsiest kind of rumor, but the source is someone who isn't given to embellishment and could not care a whit about sports.

I have heard that Holliday's house in Hurricane has been sold to a local developer (himself based in Hurricane) who plans to flip it. The home has apparently been on the market a while, and this is not a sudden turn of events. It may not indicate anything at all, as lots of folks downsize their homes all the time, but I did think it worthy of note in the current discussions.

I have no info on the home itself, other than it is a cabin style home on top of a mountain in Hurricane. I would think Zillow.com or a similar site would have some note of that, so if anyone knows the address, please feel free to verify/discredit this post.

This is the third or fourth time I’ve seen something about his house being sold. So there’s probably something to it, FWIW.

Reactions: herdalicious
I have no info on the home itself, other than it is a cabin style home on top of a mountain in Hurricane. I would think Zillow.com or a similar site would have some note of that, so if anyone knows the address, please feel free to verify/discredit this post.

I'm sure Coach Stowers knows, but isn't about to share John's address on the free board.

I hear Dr Gilbert is not living in the Presidents house on the Park. Doc sold his house because he is moving into the president home.

Reactions: slobud
His address is public record; the county provides information on the property owner(s), as well as deeds.

DISCLAIMER: I have no verification of this at all, and for that reason I will say this is the flimsiest kind of rumor, but the source is someone who isn't given to embellishment and could not care a whit about sports.

I have heard that Holliday's house in Hurricane has been sold to a local developer (himself based in Hurricane) who plans to flip it. The home has apparently been on the market a while, and this is not a sudden turn of events. It may not indicate anything at all, as lots of folks downsize their homes all the time, but I did think it worthy of note in the current discussions.

In other cases this might be a flag, but in our case I don't think it does. Usually when a coach sells his home he is leaving the state because he most likely is not from there. Doc's from WV. In my opinion this probably means nothing. He's not an out of stater and he isn't leaving us because he got hired away.

I'll bet you're the kind of guy who has already been telling folks that you'll see on Friday, "see you next year!"
I actually had not even thought about Friday being 2021. Props for repositioning the joke to allow yourself the opportunity to respond.

Yes, Doc sold his home a while back. No, I don't know what that means.
Wow .. but I thought on the private board that a moderator (not mentioning names ) said this rumor was absolutely false ? Had family that lives close and knows for a fact this was a false rumor going around ..

Wow .. but I thought on the private board that a moderator (not mentioning names ) said this rumor was absolutely false ? Had family that lives close and knows for a fact this was a false rumor going around ..

Share the name. He shall be tarred and feathered . . . unless it's Coach Stowers, in which case, we will all just laugh at him like always.

It seems to be standard operating procedure for the mods to dismiss every negative rumor as false. Then once the rumor is confirmed to be true they deflect and change the subject.

Last edited:
MH needs to either fire him and get busy with the next hire or else come forward and tell us he has extended the contract of Doc for another year. I think dragging this out hurts us. We still have some recruits on the board and if any of them flip the new coach would need a few weeks to try to pull in a few of his own. If doc stays we need to keep what we have.

Well the product on the field lends one to believe that the fight had something to do with team dynamics
If you think a team fight caused Grant to throw 5 INTs and get into his own head you're a fool.

A "team" fight did not cause this team to stop winning. Coaching did.

I love how people claim the team just up and quit when the defense who has been on the field for 70-80% of the plays over the last three games still held those teams in check. All the offense needed to do was move the ball.

For most of the game Rice was 9-0.
UAB was 0-3 after 1, 0-9 at the half into the 4th.
Buffalo was a 10 point game until their final drive.

Grant coming unglued and horrendous coaching lost these last three games.

If anyone quit on the season it's Doc and Cramsey. Both looked like they were trying to get fired or purposely throwing the games.

If you think a team fight caused Grant to throw 5 INTs and get into his own head you're a fool.

A "team" fight did not cause this team to stop winning. Coaching did.

I love how people claim the team just up and quit when the defense who has been on the field for 70-80% of the plays over the last three games still held those teams in check. All the offense needed to do was move the ball.

For most of the game Rice was 9-0.
UAB was 0-3 after 1, 0-9 at the half into the 4th.
Buffalo was a 10 point game until their final drive.

Grant coming unglued and horrendous coaching lost these last three games.

If anyone quit on the season it's Doc and Cramsey. Both looked like they were trying to get fired or purposely throwing the games.

We’ve beat it to death so I won’t rehash it all, but there is just no way in hell one player (inexplicably) playing poorly is solely responsible for the unhinged product we saw those last three games.

We averaged 7.6 points per game over the last three games. That would make us the worst offense IN THE COUNTRY not named UMASS.

You dont just go from a top 20 team to one of the worst teams in the country just because your QB starts playing poorly.

I agree with you about Doc and Cramsey.

But I STRONGLY reject the notion that something didn’t destroy the chemistry of this team, at least the offense.

We acknowledged the so called “fight.”

The whole “team breaking” brawl is what we said wasn’t true.....which it wasn’t.

At first you didn’t acknowledge it.

Then you split hairs and said that “I never said there wasn’t a fight. I said there wasn’t a LARGE fight.” Stating that it was a small skirmish involving only a couple players.

Now it’s agreed there was a fight, with no qualifier of it being “small”, but that it was not team breaking.

Where does the spin stop?

Do you also refute that there was a second fight that happened in the locker room some time after the first ?

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
At first you didn’t acknowledge it.

Then you split hairs and said that “I never said there wasn’t a fight. I said there wasn’t a LARGE fight.” Stating that it was a small skirmish involving only a couple players.

Now it’s agreed there was a fight, with no qualifier of it being “small”, but that it was not team breaking.

Where does the spin stop?

Do you also refute that there was a second fight that happened in the locker room some time after the first ?

Again.....where is the spin. I answered the OG question and there was no 2nd fight.

The same person that told me about the 1st one also told me the 2nd one was not legit.

We’ve beat it to death so I won’t rehash it all, but there is just no way in hell one player (inexplicably) playing poorly is solely responsible for the unhinged product we saw those last three games.

We averaged 7.6 points per game over the last three games. That would make us the worst offense IN THE COUNTRY not named UMASS.

You dont just go from a top 20 team to one of the worst teams in the country just because your QB starts playing poorly.

I agree with you about Doc and Cramsey.

But I STRONGLY reject the notion that something didn’t destroy the chemistry of this team, at least the offense.
You do when you QB can't complete a pass. That isn't hyperbole either. He didn't compete a single pass in the first half against UAB. If he doesn't throw 5 INTs against Rice we win.

This train didn't have to derail, but Doc and Cramsey decided to keep chucking the ball with a QB that was seeing ghosts. It's even more inexcusable when you have a back like Knox sitting there who is completely capable of taking over the game.

I posted this after before Rice. In games where Knox rushed for 100+ we are something like 11-2 and when he scores we are 13-2. When he doesn't we are now 5-7.

Where was the Gaines package we saw against UAB during the Rice game? Get Grant out to collect himself.

This team did not quit. The defense held all three opponents in check and in both the UAB and Buffalo games the offense fought back into those games. Teams that quit don't do that.

Coaching and QB play are why we lost the last three games.

I will conceded that the team energy was never there during Rice, but they came out a lot different against UAB. But Grant was 0-9 for the entire first half. Are you arguing he just didn't care and wasn't trying? Are you arguing that the WRs were just purposely not catching the balls?

When your defense on the field for 42 out of 60 minutes (Rice game) you bet there are going to be tempers and flare ups on the sidelines.

Also Grant missed wide open WRs that he was seeing all season long. Against Rice Artie Henry is wide open streaking down the sideline. All year long Grant sees that and drops a dime. Grant was running around and not even looking down field on that play. I saw Corey Gammage wide open several times against Rice and Grant never even looked his way. Against UAB he had a guy wide open in front of him in the flat on a third down with wide open field in front of him and Well's lazy pass was batted down by the defender he was running from.

I see people point to Gaines' effort or lack thereof as a sign of the team giving up. We've been on him for half efforts every since he had that big game against Appy. He's been giving half efforts all season long.

Grant went from scanning the entire field all season long to locking on and forcing the ball to his first reads the last three games. He went from looking like the next Pennington to looking worse than Isaiah Green.

I worried about him all season long because he was never facing adversity or getting hit. Once he faced real adversity against Rice and UAB he wilted. Now he's gun shy.

Cramsey's pass-pass-run wasn't helping. Not to mention always throwing on 1st down and constantly keeping your struggling young QB behind the chains.

I go back to the UAB game. Grant just hit a really nice shot down the sideline on a rollout. We're now down around the 20. Instead of keeping it going we call some stupid short out, then I can't remember the 2nd down play, then he pulls Grant on 3rd down putting Gaines in for a keeper that goes nowhere and throws Grant back out there on a 4th&5 and calls a 3 yard out to Willie Johnson that even if caught wasn't going anywhere. That Gaines play should have went on 2nd down not 3rd where you send a struggling QB out there on 4th&5 in an obvious passing situation.

How about before the half. We take the ball back with 40 seconds left. Why don't you kneel it and go to the half and collect yourselves. Instead deep in our own territory we throw a short out that is nearly been picked. Doc never decides to run plays in that situation no matter the circumstances.

When we finally hit a wall our coaches looked like they just started coaching and our young QB started to fall apart. Sorry but the defense played far too well for me to just say the team decided to quit.

I don't deny a fight happened, but I do deny that it caused our losses.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Again.....where is the spin. I answered the OG question and there was no 2nd fight.

The same person that told me about the 1st one also told me the 2nd one was not legit.
Isn't it odd that those that claim to know the facts refuse to give the players involved or the exact number of players that were involved. This fight has turned into a fishing story. With each passing day the size of the fish continues to get bigger and bigger.

Isn't it odd that those that claim to know the facts refuse to give the players involved or the exact number of players that were involved. This fight has turned into a fishing story. With each passing day the size of the fish continues to get bigger and bigger.

Well I’ve never claimed to know any of those things, so I can only assume you’re talking about someone else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT