ADVERTISEMENT

Unfounded Rumor

Because it was reported to the police that a large of people were on the West Lot fighting when in reality it was two people with some others standing around.

It was basically cleared up before the cops even showed up.

Did he tell you that?

And I’d be real curious to hear the story he told you considering who my source is on how that all played out.

And I’m sure your source is entirely unconnected to the situation and has no interest in minimizing the fallout as much as possible?

He said “brawls.”

They did not happen

One fight. Two guys. Nothing more.
You’ve denied that a fight even happened in this thread. You said they did not happen and now you are saying there was a fight. Do you see how people won’t take you seriously due to your changing stances

Reactions: Herdfan2019
And I’m sure your source is entirely unconnected to the situation and has no interest in minimizing the fallout as much as possible?

Actually, I asked one person from each, which is what I do any time police are involved.

You’ve denied that a fight even happened in this thread. You said they did not happen and now you are saying there was a fight. Do you see how people won’t take you seriously due to your changing stances

Is this guy for real?

You know what? Like Josh, don't like Josh. But if you go back - now for weeks and multiple threads - he has told the same story. He does make a distinction between "fight" and "large fight" or "brawl." If you have an issue with that, then argue that. But he hasn't changed his story, which, by the way, does line up with what I heard about the situation (admittedly, third-party hearsay, but he's a usually reliable source who still has a few friends on the team).

Who cares? The team quit and lost three games in a shi!thouse conference that couldn’t win any of its 6 bowl games.
That’s where I’m at with it. Who cares if it were two guys arguing over who’s turn it was to pay for pizza or if it was an offense vs defense knife fight in the parking lot.

We resembled the 2016 team the last 3 games of the season. That’s all that matters.

Who cares? The team quit and lost three games in a shi!thouse conference that couldn’t win any of its 6 bowl games.

Nobody quit. What a lame statement. We lost and didn’t play well. But nobody quit. You can’t quit football and still be on the field. If you do, you get hurt. Literally.

Hate doc all ya want. Which you do. Hate Marshall all ya want which honestly sometimes it seems like you do.

But you are flat wrong about quitting.

It’s a bad look acting like you know for sure several 22 year old kids just up and quit.

Nobody quit. What a lame statement. We lost and didn’t play well. But nobody quit. You can’t quit football and still be on the field. If you do, you get hurt. Literally.

Hate doc all ya want. Which you do. Hate Marshall all ya want which honestly sometimes it seems like you do.

It’s a bad look acting like you know for sure several 22 year old kids just up and quit.

Well since multiple players stopped playing and were in fact not on the field for the bowl game, I’d say that is the definition of quitting. You literally made my point for me using your definition of quitting “not being on the field.”

I do not hate Doc, I feel bad for him having cheerleaders like you trying to cover for his failures. It only creates more bitterness by justifying his losing and lack of championships.
As far as hating Marshall, I’m not even going to respond.

Alright man. I’m sure the fact we had three opt outs is exactly what you were referring to when you said they quit and lost three games.

Carry on with your love and support of our programs!

Do you sleep with your socks in your mouth?

Nevertheless, quitting or not, losing three games the way we did is ridiculous and clearly shows an issue within the program. It happens every year it seems. Whether it’s coaching, preparation, team chemistry or what; it needs to end. Doc has served his purpose and needs to enjoy his retirement.

Time for another chapter in Marshall football. The program is bigger than one man. I cheer for Marshall teams, not just a coach.

Reactions: ilmherdfan
LOL this is a great thread. Full of funny statements. Some of you guys are really good at pulling Josh and Aaron’s chains. Great entertainment

Reactions: SuperAnjario
Nevertheless, quitting or not, losing three games the way we did is ridiculous and clearly shows an issue within the program. It happens every year it seems. Whether it’s coaching, preparation, team chemistry or what; it needs to end. Doc has served his purpose and needs to enjoy his retirement.

Time for another chapter in Marshall football. The program is bigger than one man. I cheer for Marshall teams, not just a coach.

You know, I'd rather wait for Hamrick to leave before hiring a new head coach. I am concerned with his hiring decisions, and we will be stuck with another dipshit who can't pull it altogether as a head coach.

Historically, we're known for pulling this bush league crap anyways. "Got a quality candidate who's also a proven winner? Nah, buddy of mine is looking for a job and I owe him a favor."

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Coach Stowers

Just like a bowl game, you should just opt out for awhile.

Last edited:
Reactions: HerdFan73
The one thing different this year regarding intra-team brawls and fights is the introduction of Black Lives Matter in 2020. If the fight had racial overtones or direct conflicts, then the feelings could have greater impact than in previous years. Not saying the fight had any racial implications, but if race came into play, it could explain the lack of team unity in the last three games. I know coaches cannot talk about such things, but the lack of an explanation by the coaching staff for the meltdown causes us all to speculate. The new coach may have to dismiss some of the players that are central to the problem. Could be messy. I suspect Doc will walk away because he doesn't want to have to get involved in the rebuilding of the team.

What two teammates fought? You guys have all this information from sources from whoever but don’t have the balls to tell us what two boys fought and why? I mean it’s all ready done and over with, so tell us, who fought?

*Lies to have more ammunition against Doc and Hamrick

There, I fixed it for you.
Wrong again.

I have no significant specific complaint in regards to Hamrick at this point.

"ammunition" against doc?? 🤣 Seriously. The mtherfvker is doing enough to load the chamber himself.

Reactions: johns1124
What two teammates fought? You guys have all this information from sources from whoever but don’t have the balls to tell us what two boys fought and why? I mean it’s all ready done and over with, so tell us, who fought?
A rift between multiple teammates that appears to have been bubbling for weeks. Witnesses to verbal altercations between players at the team hotel before Rice, witnesses to halftime/locker room altercation during rice, witnesses to a multiple law enforcement (city and university) response to a fight at a campus/team facility, a team deciding to cancel a game for non specified (intentionally vague) reasons the next week......but hey, it's fans that aren't happy with average outcomes, witnessed continued lack of coaching and player leadership that are the real problem with this team......:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT