ADVERTISEMENT

Unfounded Rumor

I was being sarcastic you dunce. The players don’t actually carry their cellphones with them when they’re suited up.

But you said the fight happened in the locker room, where their phones would be located......

So which is it? Did it happen at practice where their phones are inaccessible or in the locker room where it’s at their side 95% of the time.

But you said the fight happened in the locker room, where their phones would be located......

So which is it? Did it happen at practice where their phones are inaccessible or in the locker room where it’s at their side 95% of the time.
I was just busting your balls because you said the only fight that happened was on the field.

To @riflearm2 ’s point- when tensions are flaring most people’s first instinct isn’t to go find your phone and record it. Or say a player that wasn’t involved did record it...you and I both know that they wouldn’t put it on social media because they would face severe punishment (probably kicked off the team) if they did.

The fact that you are saying events didn’t happen because I can’t produce video evidence is laughable. Are you sure RFK was killed? I don’t believe you because you can’t show me video evidence of the shooting.

I was just busting your balls because you said the only fight that happened was on the field.

Again....untrue. Go back and re-read my original posts. I said it stemmed from stuff that happened on the field.

you and I both know that they wouldn’t put it on social media because they would face severe punishment

I've seen worse things posted on social media. Go check out Iran Bennett's girlfriend's social media right now. That's a ticking time bomb.

Ok, then Josh.

WTF happen then? Herd went from 7-0, #15 AP, Beating bad teams as they should be by 2+ Scores. Then after a 2+ week layoff, losing the next three to teams who had no business beating them. You don't become a bad Football team overnight without mitigating circumstances.

2+ Week layoff may have contributed - Yes

Last three games the team looked real apathetic. - Check

Seems like every year there is the smoke of malcontent at the end of the year that causes their demise.

Doc seems to lose control this time of year more often than not. Help us out. What happens? Why should we retain Doc, when this scenario seems to be a constant problem.
Again unless Grant broke his hand throwing a punch a locker room fight/divide isn't going to cause your QB to throw 5 INTs and throw for zero completions in the first half of the following game.

People keep saying the team gave up, yet the defense played pretty darn well considering the circumstances they were put in by the staff and the offense.

Grant went in the tank after melting down against Rice.

I am using commons sense. Phones are attached to these kids' hands at every juncture of their life. I see public fights on social media all the time. Those people aren't jumping in and fighting or trying to break it up all the time. It's no different.

No, it's not common sense. The fact that you didn't realize 2019's post about the phone being crushed in the hip pad was a joke shows you lack common sense.

Public fights posted on social media aren't being recorded by people with a vested interest in the fight. They are being recorded by strangers of both parties. They are there for the entertainment/spectacle of it. A large group of teammates in a brawl means that the other players will have friends/a vested interest in the fight - not only who wins, but if any serious damage is done. Those with a vested interest wouldn't break out their cell phones and record for entertainment sake. They would become part of the fight to either 1) help their friend 2) try to break it up.

The fact that you didn't realize 2019's post about the phone being crushed in the hip pad was a joke shows you lack common sense.

I was driving and half-ass reading what I expected to be non-sense.

Public fights posted on social media aren't being recorded by people with a vested interest in the fight. They are being recorded by strangers of both parties. They are there for the entertainment/spectacle of it. A large group of teammates in a brawl means that the other players will have friends/a vested interest in the fight - not only who wins, but if any serious damage is done. Those with a vested interest wouldn't break out their cell phones and record for entertainment sake. They would become part of the fight to either 1) help their friend 2) try to break it up.

I'm not saying you're entirely wrong here, but I also know how kids operate nowadays. Just hard for me to believe that not one of them doens't have some type of video or pictures of such.

Again unless Grant broke his hand throwing a punch a locker room fight/divide isn't going to cause your QB to throw 5 INTs

Did Grant have a bad game? Absolutely. And he should shoulder some of the blame. But you also have to look at the offensive line and receivers who didn’t seem to give a shit. Even the announcers said they looked checked out.

When Grant had great protection and the receivers were running crisp routes (the first 7 games) he was extremely accurate and our offense ran like a well oiled machine. Against Rice he was running for his life and the receivers weren’t getting separation. You can’t tell me that Rice’s defensive line and secondary was THAT much better than the teams that we manhandled up to that point. What caused the sudden change?

I know for a fact that there was a divide in the locker room so that’s my only explanation. I don’t think anyone can argue that the dynamic of the team changed drastically and I don’t know of any other contributing factors. If anyone does, please share them because I too am interested in what else might have caused such an epic collapse.

Reactions: HerdFan73
I'm not saying you're entirely wrong here, but I also know how kids operate nowadays. Just hard for me to believe that not one of them doens't have some type of video or pictures of such.

Seriously, They are teammates they are not going to be making videos of internal fisticuffs. Now passerby's they will record.

Reactions: Herdfan2019
No, it's not common sense. The fact that you didn't realize 2019's post about the phone being crushed in the hip pad was a joke shows you lack common sense.

Exactly, and, correct me if I'm wrong here, but wouldn't players who stood back filming the incident end up looking like little bitches for not helping whoever's side they should have been supporting?

I don't see any member of a "team" choosing to record things with his cell phone. Even if some are fighting, you'll have one side vs the other and/or those not wanting to fight trying to break things up.

The question posed about what caused this alleged "epic" meltdown.

The answer.,,,simple.

Nothing. We lost three football games, they just happened to all be in a row.

And so what if there was a "divide." The chances of 105 alpha males like each other is minimal.

Like Bleeds said, a "divide" didnt cause 5 interceptions.

We lost three football games.

Some guy comes over here and is saying things that happened.

Quite frankly, I dont care if they did happen.

My biggest issues is this guy over here ruffling feathers accomplishing absolutely nothing.

Guy complains about a "divide" so what does he do...he goes and adds to the existing divide in the fan base.

Thanks a lot!!!

You win......nothing...literally nothing...

Good for you. Kudos.

Now leave, go back to what you do, and let everyone else pick up the pieces that you are adding to.

GO HERD!!

Last edited:
My biggest issues is this guy over here ruffling feathers accomplishing absolutely nothing.

My biggest issue is the Shewey Suckers who blindly pledge allegiance to things that make our common love - Marshall - destructive. Instead of acknowledging that there are major issues within the program, you Shewey Suckers refuse to hold anyone accountable. Your kind did the same thing during the Snyder years.

It's destructive. If you love your children, do you refuse to punish them or hold them accountable when they do wrong? Do you turn your head to those actions? No, you punish them/hold them accountable/teach them so that they are better in the future. Likewise, we hold Shewey accountable so that Marshall can be better in the future.

Accepting one conference championship in over a decade in the worst conference in the country is unacceptable. Continuing to support it and not place blame, like your kind does, is destructive to Marshall. If you truly loved the University, you'd place its health above the self satisfaction of getting a high-five from the head coach during the Thunder Walk.

Last edited:
Rifle a former athlete and coach. You continue to be a huge disappointment

So you are assuming that this fight was not met with any type of "punishment."

Right

You arent that dumb.

You just dont like Doc, you dont like Josh, you dont like me, whoever.

I dont know what you are trying to prove. But it is pathetic.

Question me all you want. Whatever.

Your comments are lame and as predictable as the "Shewey Suckers." The same "Shewey Suckers" that defended your teams if anything at all happened.

But hey, just continue to judge, continue to pick. Continue to portray yourself as someone smarter and better than me.

Thats cool, I can deal with it.

Again, I say

GO HERD!!

• Sad
Reactions: putnam green
Some guy comes over here and is saying things that happened.

Quite frankly, I dont care if they did happen.

The sole purpose of my original post was to show that once again Mike Hamrick lied. The reasons he gave for the cancellation of the Charlotte game were obviously false. You know it, Stowers knows it, and anyone on this board with a brain knows it.

You and Stowers (I’ll refrain from using the term Shewey Suckers) could only do so much denying so now the tone is “yeah those things might have happened but who cares?” I’ll tell you who....ME.

I don’t accept being lied to by a bush league athletic department who thinks they can tell the fans whatever they want to cover their own ass. At some point it has to stop and people need to be held accountable. It’s going to come back and bite them in the ass and it will probably be sooner than later.

And I wasn’t the one that started spin-off posts or tried to correlate us losing with the events that transpired. Other posters were responsible for that. My sole purpose was to educate the true fans (not the destructive kool-aid drinkers) about the lies being told by the AD.

I can say this as I was walking through the parking lot at the time this event was taking place.
There was no “brawl” and hardly “a fight” that was witnessed and according to some of the guys when they were all walking away nothing more than a lot of words and very brief altercation between 2 guys that got into it earlier in practice that was quickly broken up. If you’ve ever been to practices anywhere, altercations aren’t out of the ordinary. Yes police arrived, but left about as quickly as they arrived after they found there was no reason for them to be there.
Definitely a case of something being blown way out of proportion.

So you are assuming that this fight was not met with any type of "punishment."

When I was talking about the lack of accountability, I wasn't referring to if the players involved in the brawl were punished or not. I was talking about the lack of accountability you Shewey Suckers place on Doc, Hamrick, etc. Win, lose, or draw, you Shewey Suckers back those guys no matter what.

They lie to us, and you make excuses as to why it's acceptable.
They allow kids with felony charges/FBI investigation to play, and you make excuses why it's acceptable.
Their teams greatly underperform on the field, and you make excuses as to why it's acceptable.

You Shewey Suckers refuse to hold any of them accountable for the grotesque results this "program" has put out in the worst conference in the country.

You just dont like Doc, you dont like Josh, you dont like me, whoever.

I don't know John to know if I like him or not. I know that he lacks professional courtesy and lacks tact. Based on what I know of him and perceive, he doesn't give a shit that people know he lacks those things if those people can't offer anything of value to him.

I think Coach Stowers is a moron. You know I like you. But that doesn't mean I can't disagree with your unwavering support of everything associated with Marshall, even those who are destructive to it.

Everyone here appreciates and admires the loyalty you have shown Marshall for decades. But look at the analogy I used with your children - do you refuse to acknowledge anything they do wrong and make excuses for them? I know you don't. You hold them accountable in order to try and make them better. So why do you refuse to hold anyone at Marshall accountable in a way to make the University better?

Supporting failure is a disservice to Marshall.

They lie to us, and you make excuses as to why it's acceptable.
They allow kids with felony charges/FBI investigation to play, and you make excuses why it's acceptable.
Their teams greatly underperform on the field, and you make excuses as to why it's acceptable.

Phones are attached to these kids' hands at every juncture of their life. I see public fights on social media all the time.
You're pitifully equipped for this discussion.

Please provide us proof that every fight going on, as I currently type this, are being recorded for social/public consumption as proof they are happening. If they are not recorded, then it didn't happen...right???

"Common sense" would obviously tell you that your assertion of "proof" of these occurrences happening is only possible when a cellphone is recording and posted is completely absurd.

You're pitifully equipped for this discussion.

Please provide us proof that every fight going on, as I currently type this, are being recorded for social/public consumption as proof they are happening. If they are not recorded, then it didn't happen...right???

"Common sense" would obviously tell you that your assertion of "proof" of these occurrences happening is only possible when a cellphone is recording and posted is completely absurd.

As much as I firmly believe one of the players WOULD have recorded the so called "brawl" had it actually happened, I was also being a smart ass to the OP of the fight story.

Frankly, it doesn't matter what is said because even if I provided video from the locker room showing the "2nd fight" indeed did not happen, a number of you would say the video was doctored because you choose to be toxic.

It doesn't bother me at all if you believe it did or did not happen because anyone that it truly matters to knows the truth.

But like I've said in other threads, even if the "brawl" or "2nd fight" had happened, which they did not, it doens't matter.

It's agenda. That's all it is. It's why posters like him only come around when they see oppurtunity.

I just had a 45 minute conversation with the parent of a former player, and someone who is still very much invested in the football program. He knew the same names I know. He knew the same details I know. He's a member of this message board, but chooses not to speak up on most things.....this situation included. In his words....."too many fans just don't know what's actually going on."

if I provided video from the locker room showing the "2nd fight" indeed did not happen, a number of you would say the video was doctored because you choose to be toxic.

Both brawls actually did happen... and apparently is a much bigger issue than most want to admit according to some individuals I've spoken to this week. It's time. Doc needs to go.

There were apparent tensions (verbal altercations) at the team hotel the night before the Rice game according to witnesses I know, who were there. (yes the team stays off campus together night before home games)

And yes...there were physical altercations in the locker room at half time of the Rice game too, that had to be broken up. This team is fractured. Doc needs to move on.

No. They did not happen.
You’ve changed your story about 6 times. Now you’ve circled back to the fights didn’t happen. So which is it. Was there a fight that you’ve in a round about way admitted there was some sort of fight amongst players or absolutely nothing happened.

Reactions: HerdFan73
You’ve changed your story about 6 times. Now you’ve circled back to the fights didn’t happen. So which is it. Was there a fight that you’ve in a round about way admitted there was some sort of fight amongst players or absolutely nothing happened.

He said “brawls.”

They did not happen

One fight. Two guys. Nothing more.

Then why did an MUPD officer tell me there was a fight, a large fight, in casual conversation when I didn’t even ask him about it?

Because it was reported to the police that a large of people were on the West Lot fighting when in reality it was two people with some others standing around.

It was basically cleared up before the cops even showed up.

Did he tell you that?

And I’d be real curious to hear the story he told you considering who my source is on how that all played out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT