ADVERTISEMENT

Cancel culture

Good article and he’s spot on!

Next Year

This year’s Marshall team seems to have one of the best defenses we’ve seen, but just seems to be missing some pieces on offense.. which has really held us back. I know there’s still a lot to look forward to this year and the conference race is still wide open, just curious if you guys think there will be any changes this off-season?

1. Do you think we can hold on to what we have? (Ali, Laborn, etc)
2. How hard do you think we hit the portal? (Did great with our DL and Laborn last year) New QB? Or do we develop what we have?
3. Any coaching changes? Who’s going to coach the OL? Would love to go out and grab Tony Peterson at OC!

Basketball scrimmage today

Was able to attend the scrimmage today. Always good to come back in and see the Herd, here are my notes below:

today, green won believe 94-86.

Today, Taylor was the best player on the floor and this team will go as far as he goes. He had probably 20 some points in the first half alone.

Kinsey was probably 4-24 shooting overall, first half was taking threes and long jumpers which he is still struggling with. Second half he slashed and got to the line (which is his game, he doesn't need to shoot it) would say he finished with 20 or so.

Obinna is Obinna, he looks like he's put on about 5-10 lbs from last year. He was 0-4 for threes, but his game is going towards the basket and finishing or finishing up from a miss.

Kyle Braun did really well in the first half shooting, but he was trying to follow Taylor around on the defensive side. He was the point for the white the first half. Outside the first 2 minutes of the second half he seemed to disappear.

Jacob Connor, tall and skinny, first half didn't notice him, second half he had a handful of positive plays on the offensive side. He needs to put on about 15-20 lbs, he will be a positive for this team once he gets experience.

Curfman, he is definitely a shooter, probably finished the scrimmage 6-11 from three. He will definitely help the team this year. He needs someone to help get the ball to catch and shoot.

David early....he probably had as many turnovers as points (he seemed to play the point in the second half). Looks like he has lost weight, but he would be the last guard for this team.

Fricks, I do not think he missed a shot during warm ups, but during the scrimmage he seemed to disappear...He was the 6th man for the green team.

Handlogten, he is tall, skinny, and coordinated, he started at center for the green team. He struggled against Goran and Toussaint. He seems to need about 15-20 more lbs on his frame.

McKey was there, but in street clothes

Goran, he abused Micah, he was 3-5 from threes and finished with Id say 15-20 points.

Marko is Marko....

Toussaint, he doesn't do one thing well, but he cleans up the boards and seems to be there for put backs.

Taylor appears to have taken the step and being the PG needed for this offense.
We will be better than last year, but if Taylor is out for long stretches not sure we have a person to move the ball to score or deliver to help others get shots.

Starters for green was Taylor, Kinsey, Curfman, Obinna and Mich.
For white is was Braun, Early, Goran, but I do not recall the other two starters between Connor, Toussaint, and Marko.

Around 25-30 fans in attendance.

Top 4 spots are filled, hopefully Dan gets his next 4-5 and rotation situation by the new year.

We also have to get better on the defensive side of the ball and not everyone needs the green light to shoot the threes....

This team is really really skinny in the legs and arms outside of a few.

rifle was correct.

He knows the game and knows the industry. We have a group of us that discuss the game and have for years on Pullman. rifle knows the game. He saw it and called it. Michigan, sisterville, rifle and, myself have had good discussion about the game and sports forever.

rifle was right and some people tried to get on him. But, the things he pointed out have come to fruition. Most every one of them.

Special teams tonight. We had a guy line over center giving them a first down and then they score.

Offensive wows. This is just a terrible offensive football team.

Something is amiss. The O-line coach quit a few days after the biggest win in school history and we have gone to pot.

Sometimes you have to take the green glasses off and look at things objectively.

Frankly, if Marshall were franchise and I owned it Huff would be on a real hot seat. He lost the program in short order.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT