ADVERTISEMENT

At least now we know . . .

I think going in to last night, we all agreed that this game would determine exactly what we have in our team for 2022. We were either going to step-up and show some grit or we were going to realize that we really are as bad as some of us feared we are. At least now we know.

Some of us have been iffy on Huff wondering if he was just a victim of circumstance or actually the snake oil salesman some of us feared he is. At least now we know.

I'll still make every game but maybe I'll have one more beer before I head in for kickoff.

Time for the USA to get an exit strategy out of Ukraine

We need an off ramp out of there in some way. A brokered peace deal might work. A setttlement. Something. This is an endless and dangerous pit to me in. Someone needs to work on a peace deal or broker a negotiation. Sending billions and flirting with WW3 is not a good strategy and long term not in our vital interest. We are playing with fire here and an escalation that is very dangerous.

We need a way out and we get both sides to get to the table and hash this thing out. I don't care if Ukraine does lose ground. They have lost it anyway and we can't send billions over there every quarter and be threatening each other with nukes.

Time to get it done.
Reactions: marshallisqbu

Marshall sports

Until Marshall sits down and looks at just how bad past hires have been for both football and basketball our teams will always be below average.
Watching other teams play both sports make me realize how far we have fallen through the years.
We seem to be happy with non experienced hires and MU is the only one I can blame for that.
If Marshall sits on their butts and turn their head at where we are, they will lose what few fans there are.
It's easy for fans to see how far both sports have fallen but MU seems to be blind to the actual facts.

PFF Defensive Grades: Marshall vs. UL-Lafayette

Marshall's defense had seven players over a 70 PFF grade, but had its fair share of struggles with a season-high 14 missed tackles in the Herd's 23-13 setback to Louisiana-Lafayette Wednesday evening.

Full grade breakdowns, by position, are below:

DEFENSIVE LINE:

The defensive line was a missed bag of results for the Thundering Herd, with Immanuel Bush, Owen Porter and Koby Cumberlander all grading above 70 PFF to head up the defensive front.

Bush, in 27 snaps, pressured the quarterback three times. He had Marshall's best pass rush grade (73.8) and the defense's second-best run defense grade (77.7) en route to a 75.5 PFF overall mark.

Porter, who posted a 73.3 grade, notched five tackles and two quarterback hurries. His 75.3 run defense grade was the third-best mark on the unit. Cumberlander, who posted a 71.0 PFF, had two tackles, two quarterback hurries and a sack, while posting the fourth-best tackling grade on the defense.

However, the remainder of the defensive line struggled. Esisas Carpenter (62.9 PFF), Anthony Watts (53.4 PFF), Damion Barber (53.1 PFF), Emmanuel Balogin (52.5 PFF), Elijah Alston (51.3 PFF), Isaiah Gibson (49.7 PFF) and Sam Burton (49.6 PFF) combined for just six tackles between them.

LINEBACKERS:

The linebacking core proved to be the best performing position group of the defense, as all four of Marshall's linebackers who played against UL-Lafayette (Jace Bobo, Charlie Gray, Abraham Beauplan, and Eli Neal) posted a PFF grade of 67.4 or better.

In 14 snaps, Bobo posted the highest grade of the group, notching five tackles in all while posting a 75.2 PFF grade. Charlie Gray notched four tackles, including one for a loss and a quarterback hurry, en route to a 73.6 PFF grade. The aforementioned duo tied for the second-highest tackle grade on the defense at 79.4.

Beauplan, who led the way with 11 tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss and a quarterback hurry in 57 snaps, collected a 70.3 PFF grade while Eli Neal's 67.3 mark rounded out the defense. Neal posted seven tackles, a sack, and a quarterback hurry and had the highest run grade (80.1) on the entire defense. The linebacking core did miss five tackles between them, however.

DEFENSIVE BACKS

For Isaiah Norman, it was a very solid performance as Norman's 71.2 overall PFF grade in 62 snaps -- including a team-best 81.6 tackle rating -- led the way. However, Norman's four tackles and quarterback hurry could not overshadow the remainder of the defensive backfield, who struggled against Louisiana-Lafayette Wednesday.

E.J. Jackson, who played just seven snaps, had a low 64.2 PFF rating while Steven Gilmore (62.9 PFF), Micah Abraham (60.2 PFF), Jadarius Green-McKnight (59.3 PFF) and Andre Sam (54.8 PFF) allowed 14 receptions between them on 19 combined targets, with UL-Lafayette racking up a total of 224 yards passing on the quartet of their 230 in all. Abraham and Sam also combined to miss five tackles by themselves.

DefenseRun DefenseTacklePass RushCoverage

PlayerTotal Def. GradeRun DefenseTacklePass RushCoverage
Immanuel Bush75.577.7No Grade73.8No Grade
Jace Bobo75.271.079.463.061.9
Charlie Gray73.668.179.469.270.7
Owen Porter73.075.362.259.569.0
Isaiah Norman71.272.381.660.068.8
Koby Cumberlander71.056.777.668.770.6
Abraham Beauplan70.173.059.155.465.5
Eli Neal67.380.157.968.058.3
E.J. Jackson64.260.074.3No Grade62.5
Esaias Carpenter62.963.427.858.2No Grade
Steven Gilmore62.966.880.3No Grade61.3
Micah Abraham60.264.027.760.059.4
Jadarius Green-McKnight59.361.6No GradeNo Grade58.1
Andre Sam54.862.449.560.056.1
Anthony Watts53.453.472.456.8No Grade
Damion Barber53.154.4No Grade56.3No Grade
Emmanuel Balogun52.554.5No Grade55.7No Grade
Elijah Alston51.352.274.750.1No Grade
Isaiah Gibson49.748.870.256.3No Grade
Sam Burton49.657.424.847.960.4

Big Green Events

Email from Big Green today announcing two events:
Big Green Member,

There are two upcoming events that I wanted to make you aware of:

1. Big Green / Season Ticket Holder Appreciation Event
    1. When? October 15th from 3-5pm
    2. Where? Heritage Station
Details: This event will feature giveaways, food, soft drinks, and a special beer tasting. (Be on the lookout tomorrow for a special announcement). Feel free to also bring your favorite tailgate dish for others to enjoy.

This event calls for an RSVP so please do so here: https://marshallathletics.wufoo.com/forms/qtkrec21m3tkan/

RSVP closes noon on Wednesday for this event!

1. Marshall Baseball Golf Outing
    1. When? October 28th
    2. Where? Guyan Golf and Country Club
Details: A fundraiser that directly supports the Marshall Baseball program. Shotgun start at 1pm. Food and drinks to follow the event.

Don’t golf or can’t make it to the event but want to help? Consider donating to the program or purchasing a hole sign to show your support of the program.

PDF attached to this email with more information or complete online here: https://herdtickets.evenue.net/www/ev_marshall/ss/ev/SpecialEvent?specialEvent=DUGGOLF&siteId=ev_marshall&locale=en_US&linkID=marshall

Please reach out to me with any questions!

Thank you,

Ryan Crisp
Associate Director of Athletic Development
Big Green Scholarship Foundation
Marshall Athletics
O: 304.696.3385
C: 740-506-2109
E: crisp16@marshall.edu

Make an impact on Marshall Athletics by making a gift to the Big Green today!
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT