ADVERTISEMENT

Mush, we won't sent Patriot Missle Systems to Ukraine

By Elsa Maishman
BBC News

The US is planning to send Patriot air defence missiles to Ukraine, US media reports say.
President Joe Biden is likely to announce the move this week, according to unnamed officials.
Ukraine has been requesting further air defence support for some time, as Russian attacks have continued to kill civilians and cause major blackouts.
Patriot is one of the most advanced US air defence systems but supplies to Ukraine are likely to be limited.

Thoughts on Albertsons - Kroger?

Walmart - Sam's Club combined has about 25% of the US grocery market. This merger would result in about 15%, or 40% of the market in two companies.

Feds are concerned about anti-trust issues in the merger. Would a break-up of Walmart - Sam's Club be in the future?

Government is also trying to block a company from paying dividends to its shareholders...

Shutters and blinders

A few years ago I bought an apartment building. First thing I did was remove the shutters and pressure washed the brick. Little did I know removing the shutters actually devalued the property. If only the real estate mogul in the Land of Make Believe could have been around to steer me in the right direction.

Tubby, see how easy this is? I post a picture of something I own, that I can prove I own, not having to rely on smoke, mirrors, diversion and ambiguity to prove to Internet strangers I’m rich and famous.

Polish Leader Goes To Ukraine

atlas.news3
Commander of the #Polish National #Police, Jarosław Szymczyk, was lightly wounded after a “gift” he received during a recent trip to #Ukraine exploded at the police headquarters in #Warsaw on Wednesday.

#Poland’s Interior Ministry reported that Szymczyk was hospitalized with light injuries and an investigation has been launched, but did not provide much details as to what the device was.

Polish media, however, have begun to report that Szymczyk accidentally fired an armed grenade launcher into an adjacent room when showing it off during a meeting, which caused parts of the floor to collapse.

Ukraine has not commented on the incident.

News on official visitor from last weekend

One of the official visitor names we were asked not to report on last weekend was offensive lineman Zane Madison, who had entered the transfer portal from West Texas A&M.

Madison started 28 consecutive games at center for West Texas A&M and was named first team all-conference last year.

On Twitter he claimed offers from a number of schools such as Marshall, Colorado State, Georgia Southern and Arkansas State.

After his visit to Marshall I chatted with Madison and he was incredibly impressed with the Marshall program. Loved the facilities and staff.

Well, today Madison committed to Pittsburg State, a D2 school.

What likely happened is a bunch of schools offered Madison sight unseen to get their foot in the door with him, but later backed off for whatever reason.

I also think Madison committing to Pittsburg State is a very good sign for the other OL recruits they hosted last weekend on OVs.

Expensive things that are “worth it”

I think we’ve done this before but with Christmas upcoming maybe not a bad thread.

I’ll start:

AirPods - I love mine. I’m on pair #2 because I dropped pair 1 in the toilet pissing in middle of night (I fall asleep listening to podcasts).

Home gym equipment. Has helped my mental health so much . So nice to blow off steam in the garage . I have a basic set up with a Titan T3 rack, barbell, adjustable dumb bells, and a rogue fan bike. Accumulated over the last 3 years . I will never pass for a physique oriented person but I feel so much better when I exercise 3x/week.

Coffee stuff- Baratza burr grinder and fresh beans make a world of difference.

Farmers co op subscription. Lots of good local produce . Pushes you to make different foods too when you’re feeling in inspired or in rut of the same stuff.
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU

Let’s talk about home values

Saddlebags has been bragging about his imaginary $1M Orange County, CA home lately. Unfortunately for him, he doesn’t know my across-the-street neighbor who built his house simultaneously to mine recently moved to Orange County. Curious, I shot him a text this morning to ask what his house in Huntington would be worth in Orange County.

This explains birthinghips’ reluctance to post a picture of his “million dollar” property.

BASKETBALL GAME THREAD UNCG

Marshall opens up as a 3.5 point road favorite against UNCG. On paper, from a record perspective, this looks like we should win easily. But I really believe this is a poor matchup for us. I know I'm inviting the inevitable ...if we're worried about a 4-6 team we're really in trouble...comments , but I believe that just like in football, there are good and bad matchups.

First off, UNCG is a horrible shooting team. They shoot 39% from the floor and 30% from the three. This probably explains their record. But where I'm concerned a bit is with their size. I watched the first half of UNCG's game vs a (now) 10-1 Miami (the real ones) team and they are very big inside. They start a 6' 10" 230 lb player, a 6' 9" 255 lb player, and their leading scorer is a 6' 6" swing guard/forward. The big 255 pound guy is a senior and plays very aggressive and is actually very athletic. This team led a good Miami team at half before eventually losing by 14. The team played at a very fast pace and looked similar to us in that regard.

The worry here is that Micah and/or OAK gets into early foul trouble leaving our "slenderish" players like Conner and Fricks to guard the paint against their big bodies. The UNCG team is a terrible shooting team, but I'm going to guess that their percentage increases near the rim whIch they will likely try to exploit if Micah goes to the bench. They don't get a ton of points from their big guy, but I could still see him getting them against us if we are short in our lineup with foul trouble. This is the matchup concern that I have and I think it contributes to Vegas only favoring us by 3.5 when the indexes (as Olen pointed out) favor us by closer to 8. Sean pointed out in an off board discussion that this might be a good time to get some minutes (and fouls) from Goran, but DD hasn't shown much interest in playing him to this point.

Anyway...if Micah and OAK don't get the early fouls and can stay on the floor we should be fine. We just need to be efficient on the offensive end, not have the unforced turnovers we had last game, play smart and not have silly fouls and we should be fine. Play like last game and we lose.
Reactions: jeremycriss
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT