16th​
4th​
Turnover Margin Per Game
+0.77​
16th​
1st​

Others Receiving Votes

Others receiving votes:
Duke 49, UTSA 45, Air Force 40, Boise State 38, Minnesota 35, Texas Tech 19, North Carolina 8, North Carolina State 6, Iowa 4, Louisville 3, Purdue 3, Maryland 2, Marshall 2, Cincinnati 1, Illinois 1

I'm praying for greed

Glad to see him back on the forum, but sad to see him suffering from all the booster shots.

Would have done him some good to pay attention to the data murox has posted for the last couple of years. I too should have paid better attention, but up here in Michigan, we were pretty much forced to get the shot, if we wanted to make a living by working, and being able to go to the store, as well as get a haircut.

No ice cream

A few days ago, I was having an iced tea at a local McDonald’s. I noticed that their ice cream machine was pulled out from its usual location against the wall and unplugged. It made me realize that I never order any frozen dessert products there because the machines are always out of service.

Later that day, I was scanning articles online to find something to read. An article titled “Why you can’t buy ice cream at McDonald’s “ caught my attention. The young writer had gone to a number of McDonald’s in his area trying to buy ice cream and found all the machines were out of service.

With some additional research, the writer discovered that at any one time, 15% of McDonald’s machines nationwide are out of service. The industry standard is less than 1%.

A company named Taylor has and exclusive contract with McDonald’s to provide and service ice cream machines. Only their tech people can provide service without voiding the warranty. When a machine shuts down, the usual response at the store is “call the guy.”

Each service call can cost the owner of the store hundreds of dollars and in Taylor’s yearly report, they list 25% of their profits as coming from repair services.

Yesterday, I met a friend in Beckley at the Golden Coral for lunch. When I walked over to the dessert section, they had a soft serve ice cream machine with a flashing red light and a hand lettered sign that read “Machine Broken.”

I laughed out loud when I read the nameplate on the machine: TAYLOR.

Conspiracy!!

NHR; Brad Smith Fireside Chat

Not really Herd Sports related, but Marshall related in the sense of Brad Smith.

Brad Smith will be moderating (or already has) Bill Gates for his Fireside Chat event. It's in Charleston but hosted by the Huntington COC, along with Charleston's, and the WV Manufacturers Association.

Pretty cool and intriguing to have a president with the connections to do these.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT