ADVERTISEMENT

Chic Fil A

Man their app is the best.

As a reward for getting my blood work done this morning and as with tradition after every blood work(checking all the stuff), I always go to Chic Fil A and get me a spicey chicken bisket and for good measure a diet lemonade. That damn diet lemonade is good stuff.

I figure after a night and morning of fasting to check my cholesterol and all that , I am gettng me a damn chicken bisket when done.

But, their app is awesome. Put your order in and even has my car make and model store. Head to the restaurant and then select you are at the restaurant and they have it ready soon.

The govt ought to take lessons from Chic Fil A. Great organization.

Broadcast Notes/Tidbits - ODU

Happy Saturday, Herd! Your friendly neighborhood broadcaster stopping by to drop a few notes I thought you all might find interesting:

- Marshall’s usage of the pick & roll is 4th-highest in the nation (39.6% of offensive possessions utilize PnR). Only Mount St. Mary’s, George Washington & UC Riverside use it more

- Taevion Kinsey’s season stats are nuts, but one that jumped out was: he’s played 95.5% of Marshall’s total minutes this year. That ranks 4th out of 2,262 qualifying players in the country

- Micah Handlogten leads all freshmen in blocks (UConn’s Donovan Clingan is next closest w/ 39). His offensive rebounding is just as impressive, grabbing an off. board on 17.9% of attempts, 6th-highest of any player in the country. He actually has a higher OREB rate, individually, than Colorado St., Stonehill, Vermont & Merrimack do as teams.

- During SBC play, Marshall is the highest scoring offense (78.2 PPG during conf. play). They’re also avg. 19.4 assists per game during league play, which is tops in the conference. Marshall has assisted on nearly 60% of their made baskets this season (59.5), which is the 28th best assisted shot rate in the NCAA

- Marshall is 3-0 in league play when scoring 10 or more fast break points

- The nation’s only guard duo where each avg. at least 18.8 PPG resides in Huntington: Andrew Taylor & Taevion Kinsey. Based on my research, only Marshall & Morgan St. have a pair of guards averaging at least 18.0 PPG

Looking forward to being back in town for this one!

Myocarditis

There is no doubt this is an issue that we are seeing. This is particularly a problem in young otherwise healthy people. Heard a cardiologist last night on tv saying if he were guessing on the player for the Bills that he would guess Mycoraditis. There are different opinions on this. But, he said based on his experience and what info he had gathered it would lead to that not an injury that has been floated around.

We are seeing more and more cases of young healthy people including active people and athletes falling out and some even dying from unexplained catostrophic heart failure.

Many athletic organizations, schools, universities, and sanctioning bodies required mandatory covid vaccines in their students, athletes, associates, and employees. Now we are seeing a rise in deaths due to sudden heart failure.

This is a growing trend and concern. It cannot be denied now.
Reactions: KyMUfan

If you don't want to raise them, keep your dick in your pants!

The crisis is largely due to a confluence of social media, bad parenting, and a political ideology that emphasizes victimhood.​

Members of Gen Z (those born between 1997 and 2012), according to Haidt, are experiencing a profound mental health crisis because of these factors.
"When you look at Americans born after 1995, what you find is that they have extraordinarily high rates of anxiety, depression, self-harm, suicide and fragility," Haidt told the Wall Street Journal.

He points out that university students "are in the safest, most welcoming, most inclusive, most antiracist places on the planet, but many of them were acting like they were entering some sort of dystopian, threatening, immoral world."

Speaking more generally on the negative impact of social media, Haidt argues that “Social media is incompatible with liberal democracy because it has moved conversation, and interaction, into the center of the Colosseum. We’re not there to talk to each other. We’re there to perform."

HERDNATION.COM Former Cabell Midland star Roberts ready to rock in def. backfield for Herd

Story on the 2019-20 Gatorade West Virginia State Player of the Year who is returning home from Wake Forest, JJ Roberts!

Roberts notched 46 tackles, 11 pass breakups, three forced fumbles and an interception while playing in 32 of the Demon Deacons' 36 contests over the past three seasons.

https://marshall.rivals.com/news/fo...berts-ready-to-rock-in-def-backfield-for-herd

TCU

I've lived in TX since '82 after my graduation from MU. MU was to play TCU and 9-11 happened. I looked forward to the reschedule of that game, and TCU declined. As a Herd fan, usually, I root for the underdog. But for TCU declining to reschedule what I think they believed would be a MU win, I am enjoying the beatdown they are enduring tonight. I can carry a grudge.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT