ADVERTISEMENT

17 Sked is out, who is our QB for 2017?

TheGreenhouseEffect

Silver Buffalo
Aug 17, 2012
SilverCometTrail
while we all listen to captain Marshall Football glioblastoma F**K Landon adore DD and his Hoops Herd that can't beat anyone on the road....let's get this out in the open....who is Marshall's QB for the 2017 season?

My .02 I'm banking on Morel. I'll add we don't see #1 after the NC State game, forever.

it would be nice if Litton got his head on straight. there is nothing the others will see in practice that will make up for his game day experience. that said, i think a fresh start would be welcomed by most here.

[QUOTE="adore DD and his Hoops Herd that can't beat anyone on the road

.[/QUOTE]
We are 2-2 on the road in conference play. That is all that matters. Presently #2 in the league

Last edited:
All I hope for is complete team understanding that last year can't happen again. From the quarterback to the cornerbacks. If Litton is the leader, then lead, put the work in. Miami at home will tell us if things are going back in the right direction or not.

Reactions: HubbMU
I'm not sure on what direction we will go at quarterback. If the consensus is starting fresh, let's go with Morrell. He's quick, meaning he can elude the biltz and it looks like he's hungry. Also, let's keep an open mind to Jackson White and young Gaines. Now, I'm not totally done with Litton, I just hopes he does the right thing off the field first. In short, Go with Garret!

All I hope for is complete team understanding that last year can't happen again. From the quarterback to the cornerbacks. If Litton is the leader, then lead, put the work in. Miami at home will tell us if things are going back in the right direction or not.
I wish we weren't starting with MUr. That is not a tune up game. They peaked toward the end of last season (including playing Miss State close in the bowl game) and should bring a pretty good team to town.

My .02 worth...LOOKING at next year's slate.....starting with a home game with CRYami, and road games to NC State & Cinn & MTSU...our guys and coaching staff "better put their big BOY pants on." The Herd will be tested EVERY Saturday!

And to agree with HERDMEISTER...for the Love of John Marshall, Coach DD has The HERD in second place and 2-2 on the road with return battles with UAB & MTSU in Huntington (Feb. 16 &18). MU's season's stretch run will depend on those two games along with road games @ Charlotte & ODU.

Get on Board or get the hell off the Train.....

HerdZilla22 (Sweeney in Charlotte)

Last edited:
Reactions: Herdmeister
I wish we weren't starting with MUr. That is not a tune up game. They peaked toward the end of last season (including playing Miss State close in the bowl game) and should bring a pretty good team to town.
That is true, its not the same Miami we dominated, they are more like Akron last year. Its still a game we should win at home, but we should have beaten Akron too. What this game will tell us is whether or not our program is back on track or if its going to be another long year. That schedule isn't going to get easier from that game to the last game. So really Miami and Kent have to be wins. This team has to understand why they fell the way they did, but it will be interesting to see the talent coming from guys that sat out last year and what effect it will have.

Look for Gaines to leap frog everyone. I've heard he dominates practice and should be right in the mix this spring...

I'm not sure on what direction we will go at quarterback. If the consensus is starting fresh, let's go with Morrell. He's quick, meaning he can elude the biltz and it looks like he's hungry. Also, let's keep an open mind to Jackson White and young Gaines. Now, I'm not totally done with Litton, I just hopes he does the right thing off the field first. In short, Go with Garret!

if there is not UUUUGE improvement in the o-line we will have to put somebody with wheels back there. part of Chase's problem last season was trying to throw a pass while 4 Ivan Dragos took uncontested body shots.

Reactions: CarolinaHerdZilla22
33-of-67 for 290 yards, 49.3% comp, 4.33 YPA, 4 TDs, 3 INTs

Morrell's not going to be the guy, and the coaching staff knows that. With everything happening last year surrounding Litton (whatever that was), you have to believe that if there were any parity at all between he and Morrell, he'd have been benched a lot sooner than the last game of the season.

MU's best hopes are that Litton repairs whatever's gone wrong, or Xavier Gaines turns out to be the NBT. Remaining options are not viable, unless 3-9 is to become the norm.

What's the deal with Green? His other offers were Arkansas State, Appy State, and Gardiner-Webb. Doesn't sound like a guy who's going to come in year one and take over the program as a true freshman.

That said, Cato's only other offer was FIU, so maybe he's just crazy or something and its scared other teams off.

I hope Gaines surprises everyone and wins the job.
I would love to get a great grad transfer QB.
Miami will not be easy. They have a lot of solid players coming back.

What's the deal with Green? His other offers were Arkansas State, Appy State, and Gardiner-Webb. Doesn't sound like a guy who's going to come in year one and take over the program as a true freshman.

That said, Cato's only other offer was FIU, so maybe he's just crazy or something and its scared other teams off.

Those are decent offers but I agree he seems to be lightly recruited, especially for a guy considered one of the top 25 dual threat QBs in the entire country. He's ranked above kids going to UK, Boise, BC and UCF.

But the kids going to UK , Boise and UCF and probably BC will be coached by a solid QB coach as well as OC vs what the player to be named later experiences at Marshall.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
if there is not UUUUGE improvement in the o-line we will have to put somebody with wheels back there. part of Chase's problem last season was trying to throw a pass while 4 Ivan Dragos took uncontested body shots.

I tend to agree with this. Give Litton (or any QB) a good offensive line, and they're going to look like a much better QB. A good OL will open up the running game too. Of course, the reverse is true too. A good RB and a good QB can make the OL look good too. I suspect the OL was our weak link last year though.

Reactions: andy4theherd
or any QB) a good offensive line, and they're going to look like a much better QB. A good OL will open up the running game too.

Indeed, but wasn't last years O Line supposed to be the BEST EVER to don the Kelly at Marshall, which then became the worst ever since the 70s. What the heck happened ?

I know this, RedHawks CAN beat us handidly in fact every team we play can beat us, so, Holliday et al,had best get their act together and fast. Watching players toss each other up, laugh openly and act like they could care less what's happening on the field ISNT acceptable.

If It were me, I'd drop the bad potato, take your losses early and try and build a team around a QB that is a leader and a winner on and OFF the field.

Bottom line Holliday has serious problems to fix and in a hurry.

Our O line last year was horrible. They had trouble protecting the QBs and rarely opened up holes for the running backs. No matter who the QB is next year, if we dont see dramatic improvement in the O line its not going to matter. FWIW I didnt think Litton played that bad last year, especially when you consider half the time he had a defender in his face as soon as he took a snap and had an anemic running game to back him up. It really does boil down to the O line.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT