ADVERTISEMENT

3 Million

Only going to get worse when people realize they can get more from unemployment than they can from working

Only going to get worse when people realize they can get more from unemployment than they can from working

Then raise the minimum wage. Problem solved. Except for one little tiny problem. The more that people don't stay home the longer the pandemic.

Then raise the minimum wage. Problem solved. Except for one little tiny problem. The more that people don't stay home the longer the pandemic.

The maximum benefit in WV is $424. A person making minimum wage working full time would get $192/week add that to 600 from the feds and that person is now making 792/week which is equivalent of $19.80/hr a $140% increase. So just for clarification you’re ok doubling you’re employees salaries

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
The maximum benefit in WV is $424

That's the equivalent of less than $11/hour. Furthermore, if memory serves, you would have to be making about $50,000 per year to be eligible for that amount. So the unemployment check is less than half what you were budgeting for while on the job.

A person making minimum wage working full time would get $192/week add that to 600 from the feds and that person is now making 792/week which is equivalent of $19.80/hr a $140% increase.

Here's your problem. If the government simply replaces the income of the people you're talking about, it's NOT A STIMULUS, moron.

So just for clarification you’re ok doubling you’re employees salaries

The last time I had an employee was in about 2016, I would have had to add $3.80 per hour to meet the $19.80 bar. moron

That's the equivalent of less than $11/hour. Furthermore, if memory serves, you would have to be making about $50,000 per year to be eligible for that amount. So the unemployment check is less than half what you were budgeting for while on the job.

Here's your problem. If the government simply replaces the income of the people you're talking about, it's NOT A STIMULUS, moron.

The last time I had an employee was in about 2016, I would have had to add $3.80 per hour to meet the $19.80 bar. moron

^^^^^^^^not an economist^^^^^^just a cabinet maker^^^^^^^^running a zero employee "business"^^^^^^^

I got my info from the workforce wv. It’s 40 grand not fifty. But the government isn’t replacing income. It’s increasing their income MORON. You are advocating doubling the minimum wage. All I asked was if you could handle doubling your employees salaries. I made no mention of what you paid them. A person making min wage working full time would get an $11/raise. How is that replacing their income?

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
EG,

Hypothetical

Let's say you were paying $12 at the shop. You laid two guys off. With the stimulator package they now are making $22 an hour. For months. Why would they come back to work for you when your work picked back up?

Or would you do the old Wayne County and let them draw unemployment and pay them under the table. The old double dipper?

EG,

Hypothetical

Let's say you were paying $12 at the shop. You laid two guys off. With the stimulator package they now are making $22 an hour. For months. Why would they come back to work for you when your work picked back up?

Or would you do the old Wayne County and let them draw unemployment and pay them under the table. The old double dipper?

I guess it has to be hypothetical if you ask Greed about his "business" that has zero employees.

EG,

Hypothetical

You know that egotistical old fart doesn't answer questions.

https://marshall.forums.rivals.com/...uct-shadow-china-virus-briefings.46915/page-2

And you ran from the other one when you claimed I was arguing semantics, which was entirely false.

First, didn't run from anything, left the board,after I made that post and just returned today, started with this thread since it was at the top.

Second, discussing anything with you is as pointless as discussing anything with Extra, different reasons, but same outcomes. Extra is delusional and has a horrifically misguided superiority complex which prevents him from being able to see his shortcomings. He might be "existing in a small circle in Wayne Country surrounded by high school dropouts smart" but he thinks that makes him savvy outside of that circle, bad mistake.

You, on the other hand, are smart, but you are so damned self absorbed by it you really can't participate in honest debate. When you win a point you can't let it go and when you lose a point you can't admit it and twist, turn, spin, divert and start breaking down sentence structure in order to show, in any way, that you really weren't wrong. Both of you are simply exhausting and, frankly, a waste of time.

It's capped at four months with the period running from February 15th to June 30th (I combed through the 880 page bill this morning) so this is temporary. I'm okay with people getting a little more, especially since it is temporary and our economy desperately needs an infusion of cash from people who are actually going to need and spend it.

If you look at the republican proposed and passed part of the bill, which provides $1200 per individual and $500 per child (capped at three kids), it's doing the exact same thing. A working family that has two kids will get $3400 if they are making less than $150,000 and a portion of that all the way up to $198,000.

It is free money that no one is working for. So are we up in arms over that? We shouldn't be if we understand that the true nature of the payment is for economic stimulus. The limitation with that is the virus work stoppage is likely going to go way past the time that this money can provide for.

So we can't view the $600 as...hey man...these people are going to get more money than they were making to begin with. We have to look at where the money will go...to pay their rent which helps landlords. To pay mortgages which will help banks. To pay for food which helps grocery stores and restaurants. To pay for the things that make our economy run.

What's being missed in all of this is the reason this stimulus was moved under the wing of state unemployment to begin with. It allows this money to be distributed through 50 state agencies and relieves the burden of the massive undertaking this would be for the federal government to take care of. There has also been allocated an administrative enhancement fund to bolster the state unemployment offices with support for the extra workload. So now the administrative burden of the economic stimulus is being divided by 50 state agencies.

I will say there are some losers in this set up. I sadly fall in that category. My wife and I do not qualify for a penny of the $1200 payment. And as a business, I've been shut down by the state. So in addition to lost revenue of my business, which is by far the largest part of my family income, I also will be losing my wife's teaching income because she can't work during chemo and has already had a long term sub approved. (She has expired her sick days) So I lost that. The only cash flow in my house right now is my teaching salary.

Now...to add insult to injury, I could qualify for interest free forgivable loans through this new stimulus package to pay employee salary and rent and utilities on my business during the work stoppage. But if I pay them (they've already applied for unemployment) that would screw them out of this enhanced unemployment payment. And if I don't pay them I'm not eligible for loan forgiveness. I'm not taking a loan. I'm just going to gift my employees (I can't write it off, I've already asked my accountant) the equivalent of their paycheck to tide them over till benefits kick in.

So I'm getting nothing from all of this. And even though I have some reserve, not knowing how long it will go is scary. I'm not touching my retirement money right now with the market where it is. But even with this, I swear to God I can't get pissed at my employees having the opportunity to make a little more. When it's all said and done, I'll be fine and those who get the money will still be struggling. You guys can go back to looking down on them then. But in the meantime...let's let the working people get some money to spend to stimulate the economy.

I will say there are some losers in this set up. I sadly fall in that category. My wife and I do not qualify for a penny of the $1200 payment. And as a business, I've been shut down by the state. So in addition to lost revenue of my business, which is by far the largest part of my family income, I also will be losing my wife's teaching income because she can't work during chemo and has already had a long term sub approved. (She has expired her sick days) So I lost that. The only cash flow in my house right now is my teaching salary.

Now...to add insult to injury, I could qualify for interest free forgivable loans through this new stimulus package to pay employee salary and rent and utilities on my business during the work stoppage. But if I pay them (they've already applied for unemployment) that would screw them out of this enhanced unemployment payment. And if I don't pay them I'm not eligible for loan forgiveness. I'm not taking a loan. I'm just going to gift my employees (I can't write it off, I've already asked my accountant) the equivalent of their paycheck to tide them over till benefits kick in.

So I'm getting nothing from all of this. And even though I have some reserve, not knowing how long it will go is scary. I'm not touching my retirement money right now with the market where it is. But even with this, I swear to God I can't get pissed at my employees having the opportunity to make a little more. When it's all said and done, I'll be fine and those who get the money will still be struggling. You guys can go back to looking down on them then. But in the meantime...let's let the working people get some money to spend to stimulate the economy.
I am not looking down on anybody. I've been there and it is not like I am not hit right now either.

But, the point is the govt needs to be fair, but cautious as well. That is all I am asking for.

Reactions: johns1124
First, didn't run from anything, left the board,after I made that post and just returned today, started with this thread since it was at the top.

You're a liar. I posted the link to the thread you have cowardly hidden from. You've posted numerous times over numerous days since you have been called out in that thread (and now others) about your multiple math errors.

If you're referencing the second post you messed up - the one where you tried calling me out for being wrong even though you were the one who was wrong - then you're just as much of a fool. You claimed that I was the one arguing semantics when that was you. What I claimed Humpty said was false is entirely false. His own expert doctor had to correct his statement because it was false. You're the one trying to argue semantics to make it appear that his statement was actually correct when it really wasn't.

So instead of cowardly running, break it down and make it simple since we know numbers are a challenge for you:

1) For the thread that I linked to in my previous post, explain why you have hidden from it for a week. Also, explain how you could be so wrong on two different claims in that thread.

2) For the other thread in which you claimed that I was wrong even though it was you, explain how you can say I am the one arguing semantics when that is exactly what you're doing. You claimed I was wrong when I said that Humpty made a false claim by saying that the FDA approved that drug for treating coronavirus. Then, when I proved that Humpty made the exact claim that I said he did, you claimed it was arguing semantics which is total bullshit.

You're a liar. I posted the link to the thread you have cowardly hidden from. You've posted numerous times over numerous days since you have been called out in that thread (and now others) about your multiple math errors.

If you're referencing the second post you messed up - the one where you tried calling me out for being wrong even though you were the one who was wrong - then you're just as much of a fool. You claimed that I was the one arguing semantics when that was you. What I claimed Humpty said was false is entirely false. His own expert doctor had to correct his statement because it was false. You're the one trying to argue semantics to make it appear that his statement was actually correct when it really wasn't.

So instead of cowardly running, break it down and make it simple since we know numbers are a challenge for you:

1) For the thread that I linked to in my previous post, explain why you have hidden from it for a week. Also, explain how you could be so wrong on two different claims in that thread.

2) For the other thread in which you claimed that I was wrong even though it was you, explain how you can say I am the one arguing semantics when that is exactly what you're doing. You claimed I was wrong when I said that Humpty made a false claim by saying that the FDA approved that drug for treating coronavirus. Then, when I proved that Humpty made the exact claim that I said he did, you claimed it was arguing semantics which is total bullshit.

Thank you for proving the wisdom of my previous post.

Thank you for proving the wisdom of my previous post.

See, that's the catch with you. You're clearly wrong (hell, you were referencing numbers from a date that hadn't even taken place yet), and instead of admitting that you're a moron who struggles with basic math, you claim arguing with me is pointless.

I made it simple for you. Start with #1 first.

With all these new guys showing up and taking shots at rifle, I'm going to ease off for a few days. I'll just opt to sit back and watch the young fellows work him over a bit.

With all these new guys showing up and taking shots at rifle, I'm going to ease off for a few days. I'll just opt to sit back and watch the young fellows work him over a bit.

Thank god! I was having trouble with such great arguments as "Well, yeah, it's because those liberals from black areas with coronavirus are hanging out in republican areas with whites and giving it to them."

EG,

Hypothetical

The unemployment is for 4 months I believe. Those 2 guys working for me are smart enough to understand that the unemployment checks will end soon, and they'd come to work realizing that working all year is better than drawing unemployment for a little while. See, not everyone is as stupid as you are.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
When you win a point you can't let it go and when you lose a point you can't admit it and twist, turn, spin, divert and start breaking down sentence structure in order to show, in any way, that you really weren't wrong. Both of you are simply exhausting and, frankly, a waste of time.

argumentum ad hominem, - typically refers to a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

The unemployment is for 4 months I believe. Those 2 guys working for me are smart enough to understand that the unemployment checks will end soon, and they'd come to work realizing that working all year is better than drawing unemployment for a little while. See, not everyone is as stupid as you are.

This is my feelings too. If the state allows my business to open back up, and I felt it was safe to do so for both employees and patrons, I'd open. If my employees decided not to work, I'd be forced to hire someone else. I'm not sure if that would be a good decision for them.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU

christ, you've more drama about you than a 14 year old girl.

Around here I'm not sure why Extra and Rifle grace us with their presents.

Presence, moron. Presence. Remember when you tried - incorrectly I may add - correcting me on grammar?

You have the spelling and grammar of a white version Fever. Why somebody with your lack of intelligence would come over and embarrass himself on this board is something even Sisters wouldn't be able to explain.

Reactions: Sistersville111
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT