ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody remember a poster named Socrates?

Dick Ash

Official Roster Geek, Staff Writer
Sep 17, 2002
Huntington
www.blessedfurever.com
Or Socrates2K as I believe he went by later.

I remember him when he was a Marshall student. If I remember correctly he wanted to go into the ministry and left Marshall to go to a bible college. I don't remember exactly how I met him in person, but I did.

I ran into him a few times, usually during lunch at Schlotzky's. I think he was working at the Cabell County Courthouse.

Fast forward to this evening....

My wife and I had just finished a Therapy Dog visit with our Shetland Sheepdog Angel at Midland Meadows assisted living. Since it was a very comfortable evening we decided to eat dinner at Qdoba at the Huntington Mall where we can sit outside with Angel.

There were a bunch of kids with two adults in the dining area and they came over to visit with Angel. The male adult came over and after we talked for a few minutes he asked me if I was Dick Ash. When I told him I was he told me he was Socrates. Luckily he's great with faces because it had been probably 10 years since we'd run into each other.

He introduced me to his wife and told me all five of the kids there were theirs.

The best news was that he has become a minister and is currently training to be a chaplain at Cabell-Huntington Hospital. I told him that means we'll see a lot more of each other since Angel was the first Therapy Dog at CHH and we currently visit every week (alternating between The Hoops Family Children's Hospital and the Edwards Comprehensive Cancer Center).

It was really great to see him again and hear that his life has turned out so well. I told him I'd pass his news on in case anyone remembers him.

I believe we know his brother through our church don't we Olen?

Yes, They brought a lot of good football knowledge to the board...good guys, one & all...we need them back.:D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT