ADVERTISEMENT

Appy State

I was just about to say that.

To be fair, Appy lost their starting RB last week and multi year starting QB on the first series tonight. That would be tough for many teams, especially a G5 team to overcome.

It was fun to watch the GSU fans and their enthusiasm. Reminded me of a certain school and their fans back in the day.

I think those that believe we would lose handily to App would take back those comments in the light of what happened last night. IMO our defense is enough to keep us in games vs any Sunbelt team, incl Ga State.

To be fair, Appy lost their starting RB last week and multi year starting QB on the first series tonight. That would be tough for many teams, especially a G5 team to overcome.

That's not true. The QB they lost last night was their backup QB, not their multi year starting QB. They lost their multi-year starting QB about ten days prior to another injury. For all except the first few plays of the game, they were playing with their third and fourth string QBs.

They were also playing without their running back who has had back-to-back 1000+ yard seasons.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I think those that believe we would lose handily to App would take back those comments in the light of what happened last night. IMO our defense is enough to keep us in games vs any Sunbelt team, incl Ga State.

Marshall's defense could hang with any team that is down to their third and fourth string QBs and without their #1 star RB.

Judging Appalachian State's season prior to last night based on what they did last night under the circumstances would be like judging Marshall after playing Morrell all game and taking away Marshall's best offensive skill player.

Right now, GA Southern, Appy and Troy State are 3 pretty solid teams at or near the top of the Sun Belt. Don't know the 3 top CUSA teams currently would collectively rate as high or not.

If we ever went to 16, id be all for adding southern and app st.. What really needs to happen is blow up the belt and CUSA and figure out who is east, those go to CUSA, and who is west, Those go to the belt. Be done with it and move on, keep conference names etc. Rotate bowl participation, win win

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT