ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Smith

I can't hardly see your post, but Beckley WV and Charleston are not part of Appalachia? What crack kind of post is that?
Proof that you’re Appalachia: you can’t read.

Cities in white are definitely Appalachia. Cities in the yellowish color are not necessarily Appalachia. Charleston and Beckley are in white.

Dork, you bring absolutely no entertainment to this board. You bring nothing of value to this board. It’s why nobody engages with you.
and I thought it was because I rarely start threads trashing people and places nor do I start pathetic threads to boast about superficial experiences. I'm happy not adding value. I'm not here for that. I come here when bored to laugh at you and Greed, it's a good way to kill 10-15 minutes a time or two a day if things get slow.

PS I thought we talked about your "mean girls routine"....it doesn't hurt my feelings or make me feel left out of the click. do better, but don't try harder.

make me feel left out of the click.
“Clique,” moron. “Clique.” Does your lack of intelligence ever embarrass you?

As I have said, it’s one thing to be stupid like you are. It’s another to be stupid and a liar which you are.

• Haha
Reactions: 19MU88
Proof that you’re Appalachia: you can’t read.

Cities in white are definitely Appalachia. Cities in the yellowish color are not necessarily Appalachia. Charleston and Beckley are in white.
I told you I could barely see it. Can you read, cracker?

• Haha
Reactions: mlblack16.
Read any of my posts in this thread, moron.
Yeah you start out complaining about them calling it their greenbriar home while living in a poor state. You’re they one complaining about them being gone deaf. I would be willing to bet that no one on here knew about or much less gives a shit about that.

“Clique,” moron. “Clique.” Does your lack of intelligence ever embarrass you?

As I have said, it’s one thing to be stupid like you are. It’s another to be stupid and a liar which you are.
Nice work. You sound like Greed.
Puppet Master Luke GIF by Australian Survivor

Like Raleigh said, he has given Marshall 20x his salary already. Hell, he gave WVU 20Million too if I recall correctly. I also know that the house that Marshall provides its President was completely renovated by the Smith's as a gift to the University for the Presidents that will follow Brad. Clearly he didn't take the job for the salary.
I will admit that I do not follow Coach Saban closely, but I'm not sure using him as a comparison as to whether or not someone is tone-deaf is an apple's to apple's type situation. A large majority of Saban's money has come the tax payer, different state's but none the less still from state $. None of the Smith assets can be attributed to his job at Marshall. Brad and Alys are also very open with their philanthropy. Not in a bragging or self-promotional type way, but in a "we have a mission to do good" type way. As part of their mission, they are very open with the successes they have experienced and that includes the wealth they have accumulated. They could have very easily retired and disappeared, but instead they are making a difference in this state. They are giving back BIG. They have no reason to hide what they have or act like they don't have it. If anything it goes to show that Marshall can produce major success stories.

Let me explain this again to the slower learners.

How I act on here is vastly different than how I really am. Michigan went from the nice guy to the wiseass to stealing Ducky's persona to the current racist. It took him a while to figure out what worked for him on here. Likewise, this isn't my true persona.

You can ask those who follow me on social media if I boast about anything on there. You can ask people I work with if they know about anything I have . . . they know very little. This is a fun act. It is entertainment. Do I lie on here? No. But I also play up the Ted DiBiase role which I am not like in real life.

But even if I did do that, there is a huge difference between a private employee and one whose husband is getting $500k from the poorest tax payers in the country.

His salary is less than 0.10% of his net worth and a drop in the bucket next the the millions (25 for the business school alone) he has given to Marshall. It’s not like he’s taking advantage. He could make 10-15 times the compensation at a multitude of tech companies. It would be like thinking Nick Saban was taking advantage of WV if he came to Marshall and coached the football team for $1.5 million.

Yeah you start out complaining about them calling it their greenbriar home while living in a poor state. You’re they one complaining about them being gone deaf. I would be willing to bet that no one on here knew about or much less gives a shit about that.

Can anybody translate what this buffoon is trying to say?

Like Raleigh said, he has given Marshall 20x his salary already. Hell, he gave WVU 20Million too if I recall correctly. I also know that the house that Marshall provides its President was completely renovated by the Smith's as a gift to the University for the Presidents that will follow Brad. Clearly he didn't take the job for the salary.
You spent a paragraph providing evidence as to why he didn't take the job for the salary. The problem with that is that nobody was arguing otherwise, moron. Do you know what a straw man argument is?

They have no reason to hide what they have or act like they don't have it.
When they are making $500k+ from tax payers in one of the poorest states in the country while living in a tax-payer financed house, it is tone-deaf to be posting pictures of all of your vacation houses.

His salary is less than 0.10% of his net worth and a drop in the bucket next the the millions (25 for the business school alone) he has given to Marshall. It’s not like he’s taking advantage. He could make 10-15 times the compensation at a multitude of tech companies. It would be like thinking Nick Saban was taking advantage of WV if he came to Marshall and coached the football team for $1.5 million.
Again, a straw man. Nobody is saying that he is taking advantage of Marshall.

Moron, the issue isn’t that he has multiple homes. The issue is that his wife is tone-deaf by captioning social media pictures with things like “our greenbrier home.” Nick Saban could afford a fleet of Rolls Royces, but he doesn’t drive to campus in one because it would be time-drag considering his money comes from tax payers. Considering her husband is taking $500k+ from state tax payers, it’s tone-deaf to do what she does.

Over the last 40 days, you’ve posted 12 times. Of those 12, eight have been about me. Have you ever had homosexual fantasies, and why have they all been about me?

Damn rifle, you must have lots of time on your hands. What, no dates with your many celeb friends? Over 40 days I've posted 12 times and 8 of them have been about you. Now that's some important information. The problem is every time you post, it's all about you, You, YOU. I don't give a crap about you. And I'm sure most on this board don't either. Grow up and get over yourself.

• Haha
Damn rifle, you must have lots of time on your hands.
Yeah, that's a benefit of being, ya' know, rich. Make sure you clock in on time in the morning.

Over 40 days I've posted 12 times and 8 of them have been about you.

Uhh, yeah. That's what I told you, moron. No need to repeat the facts that I just presented to you. Now, it's nine times out of 13.

The problem is every time you post, it's all about you, You, YOU.
Nope. This thread wasn't about me until you obsessors made it about me. You simply can't help yourself. Same thing with a thread on the main board recently. Same thing with numerous threads that others have started recently about me on this board. You're one of the obsessed. Nine out of 13.

Can anybody translate what this buffoon is trying to say?

You spent a paragraph providing evidence as to why he didn't take the job for the salary. The problem with that is that nobody was arguing otherwise, moron. Do you know what a straw man argument is?

When they are making $500k+ from tax payers in one of the poorest states in the country while living in a tax-payer financed house, it is tone-deaf to be posting pictures of all of your vacation houses.

Again, a straw man. Nobody is saying that he is taking advantage of Marshall.
Considering the state has technically gained far more from the relationship through his donations than he will ever take from it I think that only morons would get butt hurt over a posted picture of a house or two that was bought (years ago) with money earned from a previous job.

Considering the state has technically gained far more from the relationship through his donations than he will ever take from it I think that only morons would get butt hurt over a posted picture of a house or two that was bought (years ago) with money earned from a previous job.
Stop saying "butt hurt." You sound like a 14 year old dork from 2008, moron.

Nobody was "hurt" that she posted pictures and captained each state of their vacation houses. It was simply calling out what any reasonable person would agree with considering the circumstances: it is tone deaf.

Gotcha. I saw a big ass house on HIlton Head on the South end of the island. I mean a big ass house. Had a Marshall flag flyiing in it, When I say big, I mean big. Had to be millons of $$$.
The really big ones are across the intercoastal waterway. Not sure I recall the name - not Dafuskie; but some insanely large homes. Palmetto Dunes has some monsters as well, just off Sea Lane.

BTW, I'd take Brad over geriatric Gee any day. WVU is a hell hole mess right now, on many fronts.

The really big ones are across the intercoastal waterway. Not sure I recall the name - not Dafuskie; but some insanely large homes. Palmetto Dunes has some monsters as well, just off Sea Lane.

BTW, I'd take Brad over geriatric Gee any day. WVU is a hell hole mess right now, on many fronts.
The house I was talking about was not on Dafuskie. It was on HIlton Head back towards South Beach but on the sound side. We were on Kayaks on the inlet heading back towards where Salty Dog and all that is. Big ass house with a Marshall U flag on a flag pole. It was a monster house. There are some high rollers down there. Like BIg Time High Rollers.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
The house I was talking about was not on Dafuskie. It was on HIlton Head back towards South Beach but on the sound side. We were on Kayaks on the inlet heading back towards where Salty Dog and all that is. Big ass house with a Marshall U flag on a flag pole. It was a monster house. There are some high rollers down there. Like BIg Time High Rollers.
Yep. We were on a boat in the sound a few years ago and drove by some monsters on the sound side. Supposedly, a few celebrities' and pro athletes reside there. I heard a couple of months ago that Dafuskie is in trouble. Haig Point having financial issues. Have to say, that doesn't shock me.

Yep. We were on a boat in the sound a few years ago and drove by some monsters on the sound side. Supposedly, a few celebrities' and pro athletes reside there. I heard a couple of months ago that Dafuskie is in trouble. Haig Point having financial issues. Have to say, that doesn't shock me.
The Home Depot founder or CEO(cant remember which one) has property there. He suppossedly bought 4 properties and tore them down and built his daughter an 18,000 square foot house on Hilton Head.

We went over to Dafuskie for a day trip a couple of years ago. The one fancy neighborhood is sitll there, Haig Point. The one resort they were building with golf course closed years ago and is all over grown for the most part. They clear part of it. There are houses on the beach side of the sound you can rent for vacations. Not real big , just normal stuff. We rode around on a golf cart. Dafuskie is coole but very remote and some poor places when you get back on the island. We thougha bout staying over there on a trip but, it is too hard to get in and off the island, ferry only. You would have to talk all your stuff and pack it in.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
It was simply calling out what any reasonable person would agree with considering the circumstances: it is tone deaf.
It's only tone deaf to those that continually compare their life to the lives of others. A reasonable person shouldn't give a damn.

Let's see Marshall, a state institution, pays a guy 400 to 500 grand a year, but the guy ,who is the richest guy in the state and went to school there, has given back about $30-35 million to Marshall. Oh, and wait another $25 million to another state institution, WVU.

Sounds like the govt finally did something right.

Not sure what the beef is.

Sounds like the boy from Kenova did well. Good for him.

Most everybody from Huntington knows he is rich. But, who gives a damn? He seems to be sincere and one of us.

Let's see Marshall, a state institution, pays a guy 400 to 500 grand a year, but the guy ,who is the richest guy in the state and went to school there, has given back about $30-35 million to Marshall. Oh, and wait another $25 million to another state institution, WVU.

Sounds like the govt finally did something right.

Not sure what the beef is.

Sounds like the boy from Kenova did well. Good for him.

Most everybody from Huntington knows he is rich. But, who gives a damn? He seems to be sincere and one of us.
you know what Smith doesn't do?? go to message boards to explain how great his life is and seek to impress strangers and gain approval. I'm guessing that's because he is legitimately successful and satisfied with who he is.

Nobody was "hurt" that she posted pictures and captained each state of their vacation houses. It was simply calling out what any reasonable person would agree with considering the circumstances: it is tone deaf.and calling so
And calling someone a dork sounds like a seven year old. If you would prefer stronger language, here ya go. You are the only person on here whose pussy was chafed enough to attempt to question the tone-deafness of a middle-aged woman’s social media posts. I think what you struggle with is they are authentic. What you should have asked yourself before you came on here acting like a bitch-ass Karen was, is this who they are? Have they historically posted family gathering photo's, have they mentioned how happy they are to get to spend time at their mountain home or their beach home before he became President? The answer to those questions would be yes. Should they now pretend to be something they are not simply because his job changed? Being fake online is something that you are good at, but there is far more value and integrity with being an authentic human. They have no need to be fake, people are drawn to them for who they are, not who they pretend to be.
Perhaps the person that is tone deaf is the one that can’t wrap his head around the fact that most people aren't shocked that the richest man in WV has multiple properties in several states. I’m sure there are jealous, petty people that are envious, but that is a personal problem for whoever is experiencing those emotions, it should have no bearing on the Smith’s. All I see from their post(s) is a successful family that values special time with each other, all the while adding massive value to almost everything they choose to be involved.

The Home Depot founder or CEO(cant remember which one) has property there. He suppossedly bought 4 properties and tore them down and built his daughter an 18,000 square foot house on Hilton Head.

We went over to Dafuskie for a day trip a couple of years ago. The one fancy neighborhood is sitll there, Haig Point. The one resort they were building with golf course closed years ago and is all over grown for the most part. They clear part of it. There are houses on the beach side of the sound you can rent for vacations. Not real big , just normal stuff. We rode around on a golf cart. Dafuskie is coole but very remote and some poor places when you get back on the island. We thougha bout staying over there on a trip but, it is too hard to get in and off the island, ferry only. You would have to talk all your stuff and pack it in.
We've been going to HHI since 1980. Blows me away how much traffic is on 278 these days. Heck, Bluffton is blowing up with development and getting crowded.

We've been going to HHI since 1980. Blows me away how much traffic is on 278 these days. Heck, Bluffton is blowing up with development and getting crowded.
Very fast growing area. I think Bluffton percentage wise is one of the fastest growing areas in the southeast.

Nobody was "hurt" that she posted pictures and captained each state of their vacation houses. It was simply calling out what any reasonable person would agree with considering the circumstances: it is tone deaf.

I didn’t realize she had that kind of power! Her husband is the captain of Marshall, but she is the captain of each state they have a vacation home. That is impressive.

• Haha
What you should have asked yourself before you came on here acting like a bitch-ass Karen was . . . is have they mentioned how happy they are to get to spend time at their mountain home or their beach home before he became President? The answer to those questions would be yes.
Wrong, moron. The answer would be "no." Over the last two months, she has made multiple posts of multiple vacation houses.

I went back three years prior to that, and there wasn't a single other post like that.

Want to try again, moron?

Interestingly enough, she is posting furniture for sale on NextDoor . . . things you don't expect to see from people worth hundreds of millions.

But that's not even the point. She could have frequently boasted about their vacation houses, and it would still be tone-deaf if she continued to do it after taking the position that paid her family $500k+ from some of the poorest tax payers in the country. In that case, yes, she should have changed how she posts on social media under that situation.

Do you think a head football coach acts the same as he did when he was a graduate assistant coach? Do you think Bradley acted the same as CEO as he did when he was a sales rep? Of course not. It doesn't mean they are fake. It means they have to adjust and act more in line, especially publicly, with their new role.

Perhaps the person that is tone deaf is the one that can’t wrap his head around the fact that most people aren't shocked that the richest man in WV has multiple properties in several states.
I don't expect anybody to be shocked about it. Likewise, it wouldn't shock anybody if Saban and his wife/children have a fleet of luxury vehicles. But posting them is tone-deaf.

Wrong, moron. The answer would be "no." Over the last two months, she has made multiple posts of multiple vacation houses.

I went back three years prior to that, and there wasn't a single other post like that.

Interestingly enough, she is posting furniture for sale on NextDoor . . . things you don't expect to see from people worth hundreds of millions.

But that's not even the point. She could have frequently boasted about their vacation houses, and it would still be tone-deaf if she continued to do it after taking the position that paid her family $500k+ from some of the poorest tax payers in the country. In that case, yes, she should have changed how she posts on social media under that situation.

Do you think a head football coach acts the same as he did when he was a graduate assistant coach? Do you think Bradley acted the same as CEO as he did when he was a sales rep? Of course not. It doesn't mean they are fake. It means they have to adjust and act more in line, especially publicly, with their new role.

I don't expect anybody to be shocked about it. Likewise, it wouldn't shock anybody if Saban and his wife/children have a fleet of luxury vehicles. But posting them is tone-deaf.
You must really enjoy stalking people, moron.

I must be on a different social media platform because I see posts with family at the beach house from before he was at Marshall (multiple years worth - they have owned that home for well over a decade). There are also multiple posts after their purchase of the house at the Greenbrier home prior to his tenure (if memory serves me correctly, they bought it maybe 4 years ago). None of the posts, even the ones you originally got chaffed about are made with the purpose of, or tone of, bragging. If you read into it that way, that says more about you than them.
You keep throwing around the 500k salary as a reason as to why they should alter what they have always done - rational people understand that him taking this job is a gift to Marshall and WV. If anything it is embarrassing that 500k is what the job is paying a man with his background and experience. From my experiences with him and from people that have been around him for decades, he has changed very little during his rise up the corporate ladder. It is well documented that he is consistent, authentic and genuine. His story is well documented. His bank account hasn't dictated his actions. What you describe may be what others do/have done (act more in line), but that is not the case with the Smith's. They aren't actors.
And finally (because this horse has been beaten to a pulp and there will never be any sort of agreement), the Nick Saban comparison is still a stretch, at best. Perhaps Deion Sanders would be a closer comparison. Made millions outside of his current role, and now is making a large salary (much larger than what Brad is earning) at the expense of tax payers. As far as I can tell - he is still all about PRIME TIME and all that comes with that persona. To his credit, he hasn't changed (even though it could be argued he has been fake for years). Deion is who he is and the people of Colorado knew what they were getting. Likewise, the Smith's are who they are and haven't changed who they are because of a job title - good for them. Haters are going to hate, but being consistent with your actions and reputation simply makes the haters look even more sad and pathetic in their attempt to tear people down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT