ADVERTISEMENT

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!

BisonPa

Green Buffalo
Feb 15, 2008
WOW! The last few days has just turned into a name calling, insult each other slug fest. You want to clean up the board? Have everyone use their real name. Name calling would almost instantly come to a halt.It probably wouldn't stop completely but would come down considerably. It's easy to call someone names and insult their intelligence behind the secrecy of a fake name on a anonymous internet site.

The thing that you get on here is a small sample of Herd fans. For the most part very passionate fans. We just don't all see eye to eye. Personally, I always try to post in a friendly way so that if I ever meet some of you chaps someday I will not be embarrassed by things I have said on here.

I miss the smack board because of the way it taught people to either grow a thicker skin or find a different place to waste time. If you were doing it right, everyone went through the same process in that place - indignity to anger, anger to incredulity, incredulity to frustration, frustration to shame.

"What did you say you asshole I can't believe you OH MY GOD wait I'm a hypocrite I should have a sense of humor about this."

Well Bison just join in with Coaches Stowers and Perkins and do not publicly disagree on here with their “opinions” and you will get along just fine.

Reactions: MARSHALL77
We need Thunder in the Mountains reinstated - as noted by others that was a wide open say what you felt board , smack talk was kept on it , if you disagreed with someone you could just say so however you wished to.

This board unlike years gone by has far too much activity regarding moderators, one in particular that also tends to be overly critical of posters or enters in to way to many discussions. I dont come here to read what that moderator thinks on every topic with a response at times to almost every post made by members.

Anyway, now do a lot of skipping of responses to avoid getting irritable and irritated.

And please Mr. Mod I do not need to be told to skip threads or go somewhere else if I do not like the way the board is run , however back in the day with Herdftblfan and Indy for two , it was a totally different message board.

WOW! The last few days has just turned into a name calling, insult each other slug fest. You want to clean up the board? Have everyone use their real name. Name calling would almost instantly come to a halt.It probably wouldn't stop completely but would come down considerably. It's easy to call someone names and insult their intelligence behind the secrecy of a fake name on a anonymous internet site.
I run a tight ship over on Pullman Square. No issues over there.

Ok, you start.

Reactions: mlblack16.
Marshall77 if you look back I started a thread about moderators not posting but pretty much everyone - at that time, agreed they should. Believe many have now changed their opinion regarding two moderators on this board who seem to want to be confrontational when a poster takes exception to Marshall athletics.

To the OP - Much like ‘Merica, I don’t see “us” getting along. Too entrenched in our views, & our inherent bias’s keep us from opening our brains to any possible understanding of an opposing viewpoint. Super fans, Negative Naysayers, Holier than thous, Know-it-alls & Kool-aid drinkers. We’re a highly dysfunctional family who would probably have a better quality of life if the interweb had never been invented. Damn that Al Gore!
WS

I don't mind. My name is Doug Pierson. I am the football PA announcer for the Buffalo Bison and run the clock for boys and girls basketball. For several years I have announced track meets at UC Stadium at Laidley Field including the State Track meet. If you are at any of these events, stop by the press box or the scorers table and say hello.

Now your turn.

Ok, you start.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
I don't mind. My name is Doug Pierson. I am the football PA announcer for the Buffalo Bison and run the clock for boys and girls basketball. For several years I have announced track meets at UC Stadium at Laidley Field including the State Track meet. If you are at any of these events, stop by the press box or the scorers table and say hello.

Now your turn.
Chris McLaughlin, here.

Now your turn.

Jeff Castle, 2002 Alum. I’m also on twitter so I don’t hide from anyone

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT