ADVERTISEMENT

Clueless Crybabies

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
@Aaron Perkins , can you help me keep track of all of the people from the game thread who should apologize in this thread for mocking Trickett, saying he should be fired, and claiming he’s awful at calling plays, please?

Marshall had over 400 yards of offense with three minutes left in the third quarter. His biggest strength is calling plays. He keeps the play calling within the limitations of his players, which isn’t easy to do when your offense is limited by the lack of a downfield passing threat.

Rifle, you made fun of the Trickett hire when he came on board - no experience and fired for doing a crappy job I believe was your take. Are you now saying you were wrong?
1) He was hired as a receivers coach. That was a bad hire, as he had no experience in that position. That was my criticism.

2) He was hired more than 2.5 years ago. Coaches can improve over 2.5 years.

3) The criticism of him, mostly, has been on his play calling. That isn’t the issue. Hell, the morons were criticizing his play calling while he had 400+ yards with minutes left in the third.

4) His issue is player development.

You realize that you’re proving exactly what I’ve said, right? Let’s look at my comments in that thread:

“his coaching resume isn't one that fits him being hired as an FBS receivers coach when he has never played nor coached the position.”

“He was fired from FAU, a program we believe is inferior, but then we hired him to coach a position he has never played nor coached? That's a bad look.”

“But hiring a coach to lead a room that he has neither played nor coached before greatly reduces the likelihood that he will succeed in the position.”

From another thread:

“I also had major concerns about the Trickett hire, especially as a receivers coach, which I posted about in multiple threads. He had never played nor coached receivers.”

From another thread:

“Remember, we were discussing him coaching receivers. Our receivers last year were less than average.”

As I’ve stayed consistent in saying, it was a bad hire to bring him in as a receivers coach, since it was a position he had neither coached nor played. Imagine somebody being consistent with an argument for years. You guys should try it.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I agree the playcalling for the most part isn’t the problem. Trickett is getting the blame for Huff’s butt puckering tendencies to sit on leads, which works great right until it doesn’t and blows your whole season.

Trickett is on record saying he has issues trying to help Cam because he’s left handed. Don’t know if that makes sense, and if it does, he should have spent the off season learning how to work with lefties.

Cam did a few things today that gave me hope, especially the little scramble flip to Ali. Being able to see that opportunity only happens if you keep your eyes on the field even when you assume running is your only option.

He just needs to pound his accuracy drills and work on ball security.

You realize that you’re proving exactly what I’ve said, right? Let’s look at my comments in that thread:

“his coaching resume isn't one that fits him being hired as an FBS receivers coach when he has never played nor coached the position.”

“He was fired from FAU, a program we believe is inferior, but then we hired him to coach a position he has never played nor coached? That's a bad look.”

“But hiring a coach to lead a room that he has neither played nor coached before greatly reduces the likelihood that he will succeed in the position.”

From another thread:

“I also had major concerns about the Trickett hire, especially as a receivers coach, which I posted about in multiple threads. He had never played nor coached receivers.”

From another thread:

“Remember, we were discussing him coaching receivers. Our receivers last year were less than average.”

As I’ve stayed consistent in saying, it was a bad hire to bring him in as a receivers coach, since it was a position he had neither coached nor played. Imagine somebody being consistent with an argument for years. You guys should try it.
No. What I'm proving is that, like everyone else, you thought he was a shit coach. Hell, you said he couldn't even get a job if it wasn't for his name.

That is until you wanted something new to bitch about. So you did a 180° just so you could argue with people on the interwebs about what a great coach he is.🙄 Your shtick is tired and old and nobody really gives a shit what you think one way or the other.

Reactions: 19MU88
Well, I'm going to be labeled a crybaby but here goes...Trickett was hired as a receivers coach, for which he had no experience. We'll agree that was a bad hire. But now Tricket is qb coach and OC. We'll agree this was an OK move. So, coaches should not be hired for positions that don't suit their qualifications. My question is this. If the previous statement is true how does a guy who played baseball in college land a job as a football coach of any position, for which he has no experience?

Well, I'm going to be labeled a crybaby but here goes...Trickett was hired as a receivers coach, for which he had no experience. We'll agree that was a bad hire. But now Tricket is qb coach and OC. We'll agree this was an OK move. So, coaches should not be hired for positions that don't suit their qualifications. My question is this. If the previous statement is true how does a guy who played baseball in college land a job as a football coach of any position, for which he has no experience?
Well, in addition to baseball, he was also a mediocre football player. Not sure how much playing time he was given, perhaps playing mop up duty as we were a legit program back then.

• Haha
Trickett is on record saying he has issues trying to help Cam because he’s left handed. Don’t know if that makes sense, and if it does, he should have spent the off season learning how to work with lefties.

That doesn't sound right. Rifle, do you want to weigh in? I think it shouldn't make much of a difference.

1) He was hired as a receivers coach. That was a bad hire, as he had no experience in that position. That was my criticism.

2) He was hired more than 2.5 years ago. Coaches can improve over 2.5 years.

3) The criticism of him, mostly, has been on his play calling. That isn’t the issue. Hell, the morons were criticizing his play calling while he had 400+ yards with minutes left in the third.

4) His issue is player development.
Are we sure that's more of a Trickett issue or more of a Fancher issue?
A student's shortcomings are not always because of the teacher.

Rifle, you made fun of the Trickett hire when he came on board - no experience and fired for doing a crappy job I believe was your take. Are you now saying you were wrong?
Same dude was wrong on most of Huffs original staff. Where is Guidry now?

Rifle is 100 per cent right. Listen to the cat when he talks
Ha! The question was not answered but Guidry did quite well here and is now at the U. Springer was specifically called out and is enjoying his time in the NFL.

Ha! The question was not answered but Guidry did quite well here and is now at the U. Springer was specifically called out and is enjoying his time in the NFL.
I don’t remember Rifle questioning Guidry’s coaching as much. He talked about personal problems that had cropped up at other institutions.

Others have already called you out, but I will take some more swipes now, moron.

I never criticized Guidry for his coaching. In fact, I said that the defenses of his that I coached against were always athletic and good, albeit usually full of stars who had been kicked out of P5 schools. I said that his hire wasn't worth the risk regardless of how good his defense ends up being, and I stand behind that.

A guy who had that extensive history with addiction - all of which included putting the lives of others at risk - was not worth bringing him to Huntington. I also viewed it as an ethical thing, as hiring a guy with a long history of arrests and bad decisions is not the way to exhibit accountability and making good decision to a group of 17 - 23 year old kids.

Spring being an assistant position coach (not as assistant coach, but rather, an assistant position coach) in the NFL isn't a promotion. Many times, off-field analysts in college get those positions. An FBS coordinator taking that position is not a step up.

Your intelligence is inferior to the average poster on this board naturally. Don't allow your obsession with me to make you look even dumber.

Coaching NFL>any ncaa coaching except possibly coordinator w Saban at Alabama

No recruiting in the NFL ( showing a FA your weight room ain’t recruiting)

No academics to worry about, not that anybody does any more
No portals to worry about they have contracts

Last edited:
Coaching NFL>any ncaa coaching except possibly coordinator w Saban at Alabama

No recruiting in the NFL ( showing a FA your weight room ain’t recruiting)

No academics to worry about, not that anybody does any more
No portals to worry about they have contracts
Why do you continue talking about things you’re clueless on? Have you not been embarrassed enough yet?

"Poor hires" was his opinion on the staff.
Yes, there were many questionable hires. That was legitimate then and has been supported by results from those hires.

, and we'll sit him down and have a conversation with him.
But it won’t be on your porch again. That whole initiation thing you tried to do is illegal in most Middle East countries.

He has difficulty following the rules.
Speaking of following, I’m glad to see that my shadow is back.

I turned down a job in the NFL to stay w Louisville, said no one. Clueless child
Moron, there are numerous coaches every year who leave NFL coaching positions for college positions. So yes, they turn down NFL jobs for college jobs. North Texas had two of them within 2012-2014 who were assistant position coaches (just like Springer) who left being an assistant to a position coach to become a position coach at the FBS level.

Liam Coen was an assistant position coach in the NFL (Rams) and left it to become a Kentucky coach. He then went back to the Rams (OC) only to come back to Kentucky as OC. He wasn’t fired from any of those roles. He left the NFL twice for college within a short period.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I turned down a job in the NFL to stay w Louisville, said no one. Clueless child
I've seen it before. Someone fails in their career then are critical of others far more successful in that very profession. I see he's still following me and quoting me. My stalker projects.

Warning Red Flag GIF

Moron, there are numerous coaches every year who leave NFL coaching positions for college positions. So yes, they turn down NFL jobs for college jobs. North Texas had two of them within 2012-2014 who were assistant position coaches (just like Springer) who left being an assistant to a position coach to become a position coach at the FBS level.

Liam Coen was an assistant position coach in the NFL (Rams) and left it to become a Kentucky coach. He then went back to the Rams (OC) only to come back to Kentucky as OC. He wasn’t fired from any of those roles. He left the NFL twice for college within a short period.
So you have 3 examples, 2 of which it seems like they didn’t have a chance to stay in the NFL, out of how many?
The guy in Lexington probably had a girlfriend there
I m sure those guys just love going out and telling 17 yr olds how great they are ( tic)

I've seen it before. Someone fails in their career then are critical of others far more successful in that very profession. I see he's still following me and quoting me. My stalker projects.

Warning Red Flag GIF
There is nothing wrong with selling automobile extended service contracts

There is nothing wrong with selling automobile extended service contracts
We don't "sell" those. We administer those contracts. There is a huge difference both technically and legally. Auto dealerships are the ones who sell them.

I own that company with a few others, moron. It's why I am able to stay a week in a suite at the Ritz Carlton in Tokyo four weeks ago:

And why I am able to spend nights in the largest suite at a beachside hotel in Puerto Vallarta two weeks ago:

And why I was able to spend four nights in a suite in Nashville this week where I was paid to talk to hundreds of people and shake hands and take pictures with hundreds more since a separate group of business partners whose company I invested in requested that. And, of course, I did it in a $4000 Gucci suit (a different Gucci suit from the one I previously posted) with $600 Gucci shoes and a $7 shirt that I had never worn for the years that I have had it (the suit is also 4+ years old and had never been worn):

And why I was able to stay at the suite in what I think is the best hotel in Miami last night:

And how I keep flying first-class everywhere including my flight to Havana, Cuba this morning where I sat next to a Big League baseball player.

And how I am currently staying in the nicest hotel in Havana in a suite with the biggest terrace that also has the best restaurant in the city:

And how I am able to go to Prague, Vienna, Paris, and Brussels in less than two weeks, followed by either Rio or Dubai a few weeks later, followed by Hawaii a few weeks later . . . all first-class, of course, and all at the finest of hotels in the nicest of suites.

And the surprising part of it, is that I get more free stuff from people and companies now than I ever did when I wasn't wealthy. 24 hour car service while in Havana? Yep. Free lounge access, free late night dinner, and free gourmet buffet breakfast in Miami last night? Yep. Receptionist and GM give me a personal tour of the property upon arrival and have complimentary chocolates and a non-alcoholic mojito brought to my room? Sure.

But I am glad to see you continue to obsessively Google me (remember when you got caught lying about having never Googled me before, but then to try and get out of the lie, you claimed that you use a different browser to search for me?). Instead of constantly Googling me, just head over to this thread, and I have posted my travel schedule for the next few months:

(and it appears that Cuba's wifi isn't strong enough to upload videos, so you'll have to ask for the videos of the suites when I get back to the U.S.).

So you have 3 examples, 2 of which it seems like they didn’t have a chance to stay in the NFL, out of how many?
The guy in Lexington probably had a girlfriend there
I m sure those guys just love going out and telling 17 yr olds how great they are ( tic)
You sound dumber than usual. Stop talking about things you know nothing about. I realize that will mean you don't get to ever talk, but the rest of us will be appreciative of that. Now, get back to work, commoner. This private plunge pool needs my attention, as does the cute receptionist who keeps bringing me gifts.

Oh so Brent at B & E mens wear loans them to you. Got it.

We all knew you got your women from 4 1/2 alley

Oh so Brent at B & E mens wear loans them to you. Got it.

We all knew you got your women from 4 1/2 alley
Man his schtick is old, huh? Like a broken record. Pathetic. He must really need attention.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT