ADVERTISEMENT

Does Marshall Accept Failure?

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Imagine being a head coach of a D1 athletics team and your boss accepts and congratulations your assistant coaches and players on losing. That's tough to hold your team accountable and demand better. Does Marshall accept failure? Congratulating people on losing and handing out participation awards seems a little out of place for college athletics, especially at this level, and especially from the president of a university.

There are no losers? I disagree, Bradley. We lost. We were the losers. We don't want to be congratulated for trying until the end.

We don't want Marshall Brad. We want Intuit Brad: The one who would stomp on the throat of our poorest tax payers so he could get another vacation property. The one who would manipulate government agreements. Bring that Brad back. And if Intuit Brad is the version who doesn't use filters on his social media pictures to the extent he looks like a 16 year old girl, then even better.

Imagine being a head coach of a D1 athletics team and your boss accepts and congratulations your assistant coaches and players on losing. That's tough to hold your team accountable and demand better. Does Marshall accept failure? Congratulating people on losing and handing out participation awards seems a little out of place for college athletics, especially at this level, and especially from the president of a university.

There are no losers? I disagree, Bradley. We lost. We were the losers. We don't want to be congratulated for trying until the end.

We don't want Marshall Brad. We want Intuit Brad: The one who would stomp on the throat of our poorest tax payers so he could get another vacation property. The one who would manipulate government agreements. Bring that Brad back. And if Intuit Brad is the version who doesn't use filters on his social media pictures to the extent he looks like a 16 year old girl, then even better.
Marshall Brad in the front, Intuit Brad behind closed doors. He's engaging different groups of people with his posts, people who have the ability to help our university.

I find this kind of personal attack (comparing his image to that of a 16 y.o. girl) on our highly successful, engaged & inspirational university leader disgusting.
Be better Ryan. You’re still in high school, laser focused on appearance rather than worth…….

p.s. Equating almost anything involving Brad Smith with the word failure just shows ignorance.

Last edited:
Be better Ryan. You’re still in high school, laser focused on appearance rather than worth…….
Chuckie, you’re too stupid to realize that what I’m criticizing is exactly what you are: Being so vain as a 50/60-something man to feel the need to filter your pictures, let alone to the extent that he does it where he doesn’t even look like a human.

I’m criticizing the overly obsessed concern about one’s appearance, which is what he does, and is what you’re incorrect faulting me for doing, moron.
p.s. Equating almost anything involving Brad Smith with the word failure just shows ignorance.
You should take that up with him. I just asked if it is good to celebrate failure which is what he’s doing.

It’s a good thing he ran Intuit and not Nike. If so, “Just Do It” would have been “I Just Hope Both Teams Have Fun.”

• Sad
Reactions: putnam green
I’m criticizing the overly obsessed concern about one’s appearance, which is what he does, and is what you’re incorrect faulting me for doing…..
You have to be joking? You, much more than anyone else, not only on this forum but the human race in general place extreme importance on your physical appearance. Being overly obsessed with how you look (maybe more so in the mirror than how you are perceived by others) is one of your prime directives! Pot never met such a kettle….

Last edited:
Reactions: herdftblfan
Chuckie, you’re too stupid to realize that what I’m criticizing is exactly what you are: Being so vain as a 50/60-something man to feel the need to filter your pictures, let alone to the extent that he does it where he doesn’t even look like a human.

I’m criticizing the overly obsessed concern about one’s appearance, which is what he does, and is what you’re incorrect faulting me for doing, moron.

You should take that up with him. I just asked if it is good to celebrate failure which is what he’s doing.

It’s a good thing he ran Intuit and not Nike. If so, “Just Do It” would have been “I Just Hope Both Teams Have Fun.”
Damn, shotgun, you don't like anybody, except yourself.

You have to be joking? You, much more than anyone else, not only on this forum but the human race in general place extreme importance on your physical appearance. Being overly obsessed with how you look (maybe more so in the mirror than how you are perceived by others) is one of your prime directives! Pot never met such a kettle….
You still don’t see how stupid your claim and defense are.

You claim that I am at fault for being a certain way, yet defend Bradley with my criticism of him being the same.

I guess it’s best to let this thread die a painless death.
Ngapa Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

‘06 - certainly carry on, if that is your desire. I just think the premise is silly. Of course Marshall doesn’t accept failure, or else we wouldn’t still exist as an institution of higher learning lo these last 187 years. And of course our president isn’t accepting it either, whether on the gridiron, pitch or court. There is nothing wrong with congratulating an opponent after you compete & lose. And, as evidenced by the extraordinary accomplishments since he arrived, Brad doesn’t accept failure on the academic/infrastructure/vision side of his job either. I just found the OP’s choice of subject matter for his latest stir the pot scheme highly inappropriate.
I don’t think we advance the ball on HN by taking pot shots at the guy steering the ship.

There is nothing wrong with congratulating an opponent after you compete & lose.
Why be dishonest? Not only was that not the part that I contested, but it also was far from all he said. He didn't just congratulate the winning team. He also said "there were no losers." Would you like to explain why you just referenced him congratulating the other team and not the part of his post which I contested? Would you like to explain how "there were no losers" even though Marshall lost? That's accepting failure.

Or his second post in which he focused more on the effort instead of the result?

Or his third post in which he again focused more on the effort instead of the result?

Participation trophies for all at the D1 level!

So unnecessary!!
Kind of like your second exclamation point, huh?

What morons like you don’t understand is that my comments aren’t unsolicited. Read through Methhead’s last three pages of posts, and you’ll see that half of them are jabs at me. He’s obsessed, so I have plenty of reasons to jab him back.

Modern America, especially the youth of today.. Accept losing and everybody gets a trophy. He is playing up to his audience. We lost but hey we scored some.and got some first downs.. we.all win even though the soccer teams lost 5 to 2 which equates to 72 to 6 in football.

This is the epitomy of America right now.

Well everyone getting a trophy isn't going to work anymore unless you want to start speaking Mandarin.

And I’m going to guess the OP has never met the man……
What does that have to do with anything? I can make plenty of accurate observations without meeting people.

I’m in Paris right now. I just ran into a group of French “guys” wearing berets and smoking those skinny things (not cranks, ‘06, so don’t get excited). I showed them the tweets. They said “we are glad Americans weren’t like that when they liberated Paris in 1944 or else we’d all be speaking German and congratulating our soldiers on a good game and hoping they had fun.”

What does that have to do with anything? I can make plenty of accurate observations without meeting people.

I’m in Paris right now. I just ran into a group of French “guys” wearing berets and smoking those skinny things (not cranks, ‘06, so don’t get excited). I showed them the tweets. They said “we are glad Americans weren’t like that when they liberated Paris in 1944 or else we’d all be speaking German and congratulating our soldiers on a good game and hoping they had fun.”
You’re so full of 💩

Reactions: rvntx
Kind of like your second exclamation point, huh?

What morons like you don’t understand is that my comments aren’t unsolicited. Read through Methhead’s last three pages of posts, and you’ll see that half of them are jabs at me. He’s obsessed, so I have plenty of reasons to jab him back.
Not responding to negative comments will help them diminish!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Modern America, especially the youth of today.. Accept losing and everybody gets a trophy. He is playing up to his audience. We lost but hey we scored some.and got some first downs.. we.all win even though the soccer teams lost 5 to 2 which equates to 72 to 6 in football.

This is the epitomy of America right now.

Well everyone getting a trophy isn't going to work anymore unless you want to start speaking Mandarin.
Second place is just the first loser.

Marshall in no way, shape or form accepts failure. And I’m going to guess the OP has never met the man……
Yes it does. We know this from recent comments, keeping Doc around for 10 years, and the fact that they have had to clean breaks from Dandy Dan and keep extending him.

We used to play for championships. That was our mantra. Our standard. Now you're a bad fan to demand and expect excellence. The reason why the great programs, coaches, and players are great is because they settle for nothing but excellence. That's why you still see Saban blowing a gasket with huge leads when his teams make mistakes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT