ADVERTISEMENT

EG CNN has an announcement for you

Why does progressivism think dehumanizing women is "progress"?

The statement below is from the article accessed in your twitter comment. How is raising the age to begin screening from 21 to 25 not progress

"The ACS last updated its guideline in 2012 and recommended to start screening at age 21. In a statement, the organization explained that the decision to raise the age for cervical cancer screenings is due to new data that suggests vaccination has led to a drop in rates of precancerous cervical changes, which are the precursors to cancer."

The statement below is from the article accessed in your twitter comment. How is raising the age to begin screening from 21 to 25 not progress

"The ACS last updated its guideline in 2012 and recommended to start screening at age 21. In a statement, the organization explained that the decision to raise the age for cervical cancer screenings is due to new data that suggests vaccination has led to a drop in rates of precancerous cervical changes, which are the precursors to cancer."

3Vv2G6vg.png

Do we really need to explain the original post?

Do we really need to explain the original post?

This is the end of an article written by Sidney Milkis. He is the White Burkett Miller Professor and the Cavaliers’ Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Department of Politics and a Faculty Associate at the Miller Center (University of Virginia). In 2016-2017, he was the John G. Winant Visiting Professor of American Government at Oxford University. He has a B.A. from Muhlenberg College and a Ph.D. in Political Science from the University of Pennsylvania.

"The Legacy Of Progressivism

Although progressives failed in many respects, their legacy is reflected in the unprecedented and comprehensive body of reforms they established at the dawn of the 20th century. In the most fundamental sense, progressivism gave rise to a reform tradition that forced Americans to grapple with the central question of the founding: Is it possible to achieve self-rule on a grand scale? That was the question that had divided the Federalists and Anti-Federalists at the time of the country’s founding. The persistence of local self-government and decentralized political associations through the end of the 19th century postponed the question of whether the framers’ concept of “We the People” was viable. But, with the rise of industrial capitalism, constitutional government entered a new phase. It fell to progressives to confront the question of whether it was possible to reconcile democracy with an economy of greatly enlarged institutions and a society of growing diversity.

Up to a point, the Progressive era validated the Anti-Federalist’s fears. Despite progressivism’s championing of mass democracy, its attack on political parties and its commitment to administrative management combined to make American politics and government seem more removed from the everyday lives of citizens. Yet progressive reformers also invented institutions and associations that enabled citizens to confront, if not resolve, the new problems that arose during the Industrial Revolution. Many of the political organizations that have played significant roles in American democracy from the 20th century—labour unions, trade groups, and professional, civic, and religious associations—were founded during the Progressive era."

No group, political party, religion, corporation, Left, Right, Liberal, Conservative, Far Right, Far Left, Centrists, or individual has answers to our problems living in a pluralistic society. It takes all of us communicating together, arguing, debating and coming to agreement. That is progressive and that was our founders intent.

Individuals with a prostate may want to get their PSAs done too.
Last time I got my physical back in April, I was ecstatic to learn from my doctor that they no longer slip the magic finger into the rump to check these now days. Maybe some still do, but mine doesn't, so I was happy to know I no longer have to pull down my britches and grab my ankles. Is the prostate specific antigen test pretty accurate? I always figured the doctor fingering you was a shot in the dark.

Human papillomavirus (HPV) is carried by both male and female and can cause cancer later in life. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends routine HPV vaccination for both males and females at age 11 or 12.

Dude, you still don't get the point of the OP.

I'm embarrassed for you at this point.

Last time I got my physical back in April, I was ecstatic to learn from my doctor that they no longer slip the magic finger into the rump to check these now days. Maybe some still do, but mine doesn't, so I was happy to know I no longer have to pull down my britches and grab my ankles. Is the prostate specific antigen test pretty accurate? I always figured the doctor fingering you was a shot in the dark.

PSA is actually kind of controversial...largely because many prostate cancers aren’t deadly. Most cancer societies endorse it, but it deserves a quick discussion.

Id discuss it with your real doc, not this idiot doc on the message board.

But make no mistake, only biological men (yes, that’s still a real thing) need to consider the psa test.

Reactions: mlblack16.
PSA is actually kind of controversial...largely because many prostate cancers aren’t deadly. Most cancer societies endorse it, but it deserves a quick discussion.

Id discuss it with your real doc, not this idiot doc on the message board.

But make no mistake, only biological men (yes, that’s still a real thing) need to consider the psa test.
And track and field has taught us someone can have both a cervix and balls.
next time I have trouble pooping and it's not because I ate a block of cheese or nachos, then I'll let the doctor do the finger thing again. Problem being, I need to find me a short skinny doctor. My doctor over at Bronson Methodist is a big fat guy with really fat fingers, and after he tests me, I can't sit down for hours. It's truly a reamed out kind of a thing.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
next time I have trouble pooping and it's not because I ate a block of cheese or nachos, then I'll let the doctor do the finger thing again. Problem being, I need to find me a short skinny doctor. My doctor over at Bronson Methodist is a big fat guy with really fat fingers, and after he tests me, I can't sit down for hours. It's truly a reamed out kind of a thing.
Buddy of mine had a doc who would place one hand on the patient's shoulder before giving them the finger. One time my bud was in for an exam....felt the hand on the shoulder - braced himself... suddenly he noticed a second hand on the other shoulder...then insertion. The Dr. placed a surgical glove filled with sand on the other shoulder.

Reactions: i am herdman
My doctor told me they do not do that now either. No more fingering my upper deck. The last couple of times he has not checked my balls either.

Buddy of mine had a doc who would place one hand on the patient's shoulder before giving them the finger. One time my bud was in for an exam....felt the hand on the shoulder - braced himself... suddenly he noticed a second hand on the other shoulder...then insertion. The Dr. placed a surgical glove filled with sand on the other shoulder.
Hahaaa.

My wife accuses me of being obtuse and often I am. Not always. In this situation, I'm not so sure. The language being used by the writer was technically and politically correct. He said "Individual" because there are men and women, through no fault of their own, born with ambiguous genitalia where the genitals may be incompletely developed or the baby may have characteristics of both sexes. The external sex organs may not match the internal sex organs or genetic sex. It was the author's attempt to be inclusive and not use demeaning and often misunderstood language to describe these folks. Not sure how this can be viewed as dehumanizing when, in fact, it is the exact opposite. I certainly did not get the post. I thought keeper was taking issue with the article and not poking fun at "Individual". It is not a laughing matter for folks born with this rare condition. I guess we think differently. That is a good thing. It is also a good thing to put yourself in the shoes of folks you don't agree with to understand how they arrived at their position. It is difficult to do and I certainly failed to to do it with Keeper's post. I am sorry I went off on a tangent. However, our communications, helped me to understand. That is a good thing.

My wife accuses me of being obtuse and often I am. Not always. In this situation, I'm not so sure. The language being used by the writer was technically and politically correct. He said "Individual" because there are men and women, through no fault of their own, born with ambiguous genitalia where the genitals may be incompletely developed or the baby may have characteristics of both sexes. The external sex organs may not match the internal sex organs or genetic sex. It was the author's attempt to be inclusive and not use demeaning and often misunderstood language to describe these folks. Not sure how this can be viewed as dehumanizing when, in fact, it is the exact opposite. I certainly did not get the post. I thought keeper was taking issue with the article and not poking fun at "Individual". It is not a laughing matter for folks born with this rare condition. I guess we think differently. That is a good thing. It is also a good thing to put yourself in the shoes of folks you don't agree with to understand how they arrived at their position. It is difficult to do and I certainly failed to to do it with Keeper's post. I am sorry I went off on a tangent. However, our communications, helped me to understand. That is a good thing.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

The world is changing sometimes for the better. Lifting folks that have been laughed at, rejected or considered "strange" is not a bad thing. Educating ourselves about the diversity of the human condition is not a bad thing at all. Most folks could care less about this topic. Ideological extremes are the culprit here. Most folks are in the middle.

It’s ok to admit you didn’t get the point of the original post.
I did admit it and explained it. Implying ignorance on my part is not necessary. With all the things going on in our country, COVID19, people struggling to survive, unable to buy food, pay bills, keep their homes, I guess I could not believe that folks would make an issue over a person's choice of words.

I did admit it and explained it. Implying ignorance on my part is not necessary. With all the things going on in our country, COVID19, people struggling to survive, unable to buy food, pay bills, keep their homes, I guess I could not believe that folks would make an issue over a person's choice of words.
It’s denying science and we all know how you, that’s a general you implying the left, feel about science deniers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT