ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia State road game... Tickets, etc.

RhinoD

Gold Buffalo
Mar 7, 2007
Dont know if anyone is planning on making the trip to Atlanta... For me its only about 2 hours, so Im going.

I just bought two tickets, at the 40 yard line, in row 4... For $14 each on SeatGeek.

Not going to be much of a crowd Im guessing. Makes me think we will need to manufacture some intensity. Hopefully we don't get "MTSU'd" in front of a few bus loads of fans.

Turner Field is in a pretty rough part of Atlanta (hence the Braves move to the suburbs) so I am probably going to book a hotel downtown near Mercedes Benz Stadium. I'll pay a little extra for the location.

Dont know if anyone is planning on making the trip to Atlanta... For me its only about 2 hours, so Im going.

I just bought two tickets, at the 40 yard line, in row 4... For $14 each on SeatGeek.

Not going to be much of a crowd Im guessing. Makes me think we will need to manufacture some intensity. Hopefully we don't get "MTSU'd" in front of a few bus loads of fans.

Turner Field is in a pretty rough part of Atlanta (hence the Braves move to the suburbs) so I am probably going to book a hotel downtown near Mercedes Benz Stadium. I'll pay a little extra for the location.
I picked up two on row 1 about a week ago behind our bench. I think they were 19 bucks each before the fees.

I went to the UNC game there last year. They have tarped the upper level of the old Braves stadium. The field runs from left field all the way to home plate/Braves old dugout. They built seating for the visitors basically along the old outfield that would run from left center field to right field. Looked like there were only 20 rows, if that for the seating on that side. But the stadium wasn't a bad place to watch a game.

You could spread out a little. They had a small band but it definitely didn't fee like a college football atmosphere. They just aren't there yet. But my wife, who got her Masters from Georgia State said she wouldn't mind going back for another game.

Also, they have fixed that area up so it's not as rough as it once was. They've put in a lot of townhomes, apartments, some restaurants, etc. So, not as unsafe as it once was imo. If the Braves don't make it to game 5, I might even venture down there since the Mrs is out of town. I'm sure one of you will let me sit with you.

Stadium appears to only hold 23,000 and they've had 15,546, 15,186, and 16,536 for their games thus far.

I’m looking forward to the trip. Haven’t been there since being in Atlanta for part of the We Are Marshall movie filming

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Leaving from Cincinnati on Friday and Staying at the battery. Actually seems like a lot of meetups scheduled with BG and Alumni association

Got my family tickets from my man Ethan Payne, so Ill be making the 9 hour trip from Fort Myers, Florida. I need to have a tailgate and have some fun before!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Stadium appears to only hold 23,000 and they've had 15,546, 15,186, and 16,536 for their games thus far.
They've "announced" those numbers... I caught a highlight package they put together from the UConn game. There weren't 5K people there.

They've "announced" those numbers... I caught a highlight package they put together from the UConn game. There weren't 5K people there.
That worries me only because we never play good in front of dead crowds. We tend to sleepwalk through most of the game. Like going down to MTSU or the trips to BGSU.

Leaving from Cincinnati on Friday and Staying at the battery. Actually seems like a lot of meetups scheduled with BG and Alumni association
If there is a game 5 (I hope the Braves take care of business before then) the Battery will be absolutely slammed. My son and his wife used to live there, and have since moved because of the gridlock on game day. I telling you this, so that you can plan accordingly for slower than normal travel times to the Ga St stadium, if there is a game 5.

BTW they've done a nice job of fixing up the area around Tuner Field. I've lived in Roswell since 1997, and I can assure you, that was not always the case. That being said you're going to love the Battery!!

I'll see everyone at the game! GO HERD!!

If there is a game 5 (I hope the Braves take care of business before then) the Battery will be absolutely slammed. My son and his wife used to live there, and have since moved because of the gridlock on game day. I telling you this, so that you can plan accordingly for slower than normal travel times to the Ga St stadium, if there is a game 5.

BTW they've done a nice job of fixing up the area around Tuner Field. I've lived in Roswell since 1997, and I can assure you, that was not always the case. That being said you're going to love the Battery!!

I'll see everyone at the game! GO HERD!!
Brother-in-law lives in a suburb of Atl. and said that area around old Turner Field is still considered a pretty rough area. In fact, he had a neighbor killed near Turner, or whatever it is now called, within the last 2-3 years. He said he would probably go to the game if it was a day/afternoon affair, but no way at night. Got the feeling from talking with him that there is a lot of auto related crimes in that area, vandalism, etc. Anyone know the availability of parking close to the Stadium?

Im going to assume since tickets are now going for $6 each on Seatgeek... Us Marshall fans should be able to congregate in a few sections. Should be plenty of room to move and at least be around other people wearing green.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT