ADVERTISEMENT

I see three wins next season

WOW Insider when is the last time we won only three games?
giphy.gif

Looking ahead at 2020 schedule, I see three wins: Old Dominion, Charlotte and Rice.
Really? I mean it stinks we keep laying eggs that keep us from winning C-USA. However, we are no dumpster fire either. After next year Doc will ride off into the sunset and brighter days will return if we get the right coach. No way we are only going to win 3 games next year.

Really? I mean it stinks we keep laying eggs that keep us from winning C-USA. However, we are no dumpster fire either. After next year Doc will ride off into the sunset and brighter days will return if we get the right coach. No way we are only going to win 3 games next year.
If we go winless ooc then yes three wins at most

We appear to be at the most important point in our program since the crash. Our leadership really needs to decide if we're in or out when it comes to football. I don't think our fan base will survive over the long term playing 7-5 (on average) football. If the fan base continues to shrink, the donation and ticket sales shrink, and pretty soon we are Akron but with less state support.

Sure is nice to see a beat writer finally get honest and not beat around the bush.
I have to give Traylor credit for that, especially the part where he noted Holliday's angst at Thomson's name being brought up in the post-game presser.

It's awful to say this, but I really do believe Grant Wells has no chance of ever playing for Marshall while Holliday is the coach. He's not from Florida and he's not batshit crazy, so he doesn't have the typical toolset you'd expect from a Doc Holliday Quarterback.

Sometimes I wonder if it isn't this strategy - recruiting talented by troubled players to be the leader of your offense (and by extension, your team) - doesn't hurt MU significantly in terms of team culture.

I have to give Traylor credit for that, especially the part where he noted Holliday's angst at Thomson's name being brought up in the post-game presser.

It's awful to say this, but I really do believe Grant Wells has no chance of ever playing for Marshall while Holliday is the coach. He's not from Florida and he's not batshit crazy, so he doesn't have the typical toolset you'd expect from a Doc Holliday Quarterback.

Sometimes I wonder if it isn't this strategy - recruiting talented by troubled players to be the leader of your offense (and by extension, your team) - doesn't hurt MU significantly in terms of team culture.
Marshall just had a quarterback from Florida in the same class as Wells enter the transfer portal. Unless we get a transfer qb of our own soon I would assume Wells will be the backup going into next season.

what I see for next year......problems problems problems. we would be the same if a guard or tackle were at qb

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT