ADVERTISEMENT

I'm hearing resolution is near

Carmichael said early on that he thought up to 20 could be against it, but he wanted to caucus to see where people stood.

He came back from caucus to say he couldn't guarantee passage but thought that it would.

People not even trying to be fair right now.

Edited to eat crow: Hoppy misquoted him and is now saying he expects it not to pass.

Metronews and HK is where I got the info when I posted.

Catholics, Bible Thumpers, bigots who don't want their precious white babies around black kids (often Bible Thumping is their excuse), rich people that don't want their precious rich kids around the poors....that about covers it.

Talk about “bigotry” on full display.

You reinforce what I always tell my kids. There are poor people and there are broke people. “Poor” is the state of mind. These are the people you’ll never be able to help no matter how much money they (don’t) have. Their glass will always be half empty. Don’t waste your time with this group. The poor guy always focuses on what’s in another person’s wallet as the ultimate “excuse” for their life’s situations.

“Broke” is a state of your wallet. (If they are not “poor” and “broke”), these are the people who ultimately accomplish great things. Find these people and work together to inspire and encourage each other’s aspirations. “Broke” people embrace their situation with discipline and determination to alter their path.

Reactions: WV-FAN
I had seen hoppys quote too, and then he followed up with "expects it to pass".

Two minutes later he changed it to "expects it to fail"

Your point is well taken though. While sitting in the senate gallery today my phone blew up with rumors that Justice resigned. It had a pretty good source too. It was posted on the Facebook page of WV House Rep Ralph Rodighiero. Justice immediately responded that it wasn't true and told the legislator he should be ashamed.

Social media is very powerful. It can spread info so quick it's amazing. Usually you would believe something coming from a state legislator would be credible, but I guess you even need to get that info as well.

Update: The pay raise bill passed the House. It was 5% for teachers, service personnel, and state troopers. It provides for 3% for state workers. It has to go to the Senate now where Carmichael has already called the governor's proposal reactionary and says they might not even address it till Monday.

I agree it is reactionary. So was his reaction. He had an opportunity to help divert catastrophe and he chose to incite instead.

Looks like Justice, Armstead, the union leaders and a silent majority of teachers came to a good resolution.

A loud minority and Carmichael are dissolving that solution.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
Republicans always rule against the working class. Never could understand why the working class vote for them.
Says the guy who offered no benefits and changed his skilled labor production workers to a commission plan. You get paid when we sell something. Greed implemented the same plan the old coal companies used to. You get paid on how much you dig out. I am surprised he didn't pay them in script and they had to shop at his company store.

What union or I am for the little guy organization would have tolerated that?

By the way...the House vote on the pay raise bill was 98-1-1. That's pretty solid for a Republican majority. The senate appears to be a different story...at least as far as their public rhetoric is concerned.

Says the guy who offered no benefits and changed his skilled labor production workers to a commission plan. You get paid when we sell something. Greed implemented the same plan the old coal companies used to. You get paid on how much you dig out. I am surprised he didn't pay them in script and they had to shop at his company store.

What union or I am for the little guy organization would have tolerated that?

You're just like the guy you idolize, a liar. As I said the other day, you're sickening.

You're just like the guy you idolize, a liar. As I said the other day, you're sickening.
What am i lying about? Did you offer health benefits? No
Did you not change their pay plan? Yes

You stated it right here. That is how you earned your nickname. Greed.

What am i lying about?

Nearly everything.

Did you offer health benefits?

That's not what you posted, liar, you said "Says the guy who offered no benefits"

changed his skilled labor production workers to a commission plan.

You always omit the fact it was agreed upon before hand, moron.

. Greed implemented the same plan the old coal companies used to. You get paid on how much you dig out

Don't you get paid on a commission basis?

Nearly everything.

That's not what you posted, liar, you said "Says the guy who offered no benefits"

You always omit the fact it was agreed upon before hand, moron.

Don't you get paid on a commission basis?
so what benefits did you offer?

Agreed before hand? You came on here talking about the guy who was pissed off about changing his pay structure.

Am I on commission? Yes, I sell stuff for a living. I don't build stuff for a living. What union would ever agree to not having a guaranteed wage?

so what benefits did you offer?

A weeks paid vacation, time off any time they asked, 2 paid holidays,and use of company truck. I've told you this before, so you lied again. You offered your employees (if you ever had any) the unemployment line.

Agreed before hand?

Correct.

You came on here talking about the guy who was pissed off about changing his pay structure.

Yet another lie. I was the one that was ticked because EVERYONE was making more money under the pay for product system.

Am I on commission?

You mean like the old coal companies? They pay you in script, moron?

Yes, I sell stuff for a living. I don't build stuff for a living.

That's irrelevant and you know it. The pay system for building and selling are the same thing. You just criticized the system by which you get paid, moron.

A weeks paid vacation, time off any time they asked, 2 paid holidays,and use of company truck. I've told you this before, so you lied again. You offered your employees (if you ever had any) the unemployment line.

Correct.

Yet another lie. I was the one that was ticked because EVERYONE was making more money under the pay for product system.

You mean like the old coal companies? They pay you in script, moron?

That's irrelevant and you know it. The pay system for building and selling are the same thing. You just criticized the system by which you get paid, moron.
You are full of it. You asked advice because you said you had one guy who was mad about it.

Your benefits would not pass a union standard. Nor most standards. 2 paid holidays? A weeks paid vacation? Use of a company truck? Was that when they were doing work for you?

Building and selling are the same? So, we should tell our warehouse worker that he will get paid by the number of boxes he ships in a day. The pay is the same? You can't be serious?

You are full of it. You asked advice because you said you had one guy who was mad about it.

Your benefits would not pass a union standard. Nor most standards. 2 paid holidays? A weeks paid vacation? Use of a company truck? Was that when they were doing work for you?

Building and selling are the same? So, we should tell our warehouse worker that he will get paid by the number of boxes he ships in a day. The pay is the same? You can't be serious?

"You asked advice because you said you had one guy who was mad about it."
^^^2 lies in one sentence^^^ That's trumpesque. I never asked for advice and I never said he was mad about it.

You moron, do you know any unions that are comprised of 5 and only 5 employees? No, you don't.

The system whether building or selling are the same. You don't have to pretend to be stupid, I'm already convinced. Again, you moronic liar, no one said the pay was the same.

Or people who actually want their kids educated...

While I made several life-long friends in the religious school I attended K-8, I can say without a doubt once I hit 7th grade the education I received was not of the same quality as our local public schools, particularly in science and mathematics. I blame that on their ability (and willingness) to hire un-certified teachers that were not science or mathematics majors. Being the minister's daughter in-law with a business degree does not make one a science teacher. The same scam continues today in many private Christian schools...and I say scam because here in Indiana they can receive state funding through vouchers, so yes the taxpayer is being scammed. I can't imagine my state of Indiana is the only one with research documenting such policies, all easily available online.

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Talk about “bigotry” on full display.

You reinforce what I always tell my kids. There are poor people and there are broke people. “Poor” is the state of mind. These are the people you’ll never be able to help no matter how much money they (don’t) have. Their glass will always be half empty. Don’t waste your time with this group. The poor guy always focuses on what’s in another person’s wallet as the ultimate “excuse” for their life’s situations.

“Broke” is a state of your wallet. (If they are not “poor” and “broke”), these are the people who ultimately accomplish great things. Find these people and work together to inspire and encourage each other’s aspirations. “Broke” people embrace their situation with discipline and determination to alter their path.

What your rambling has to do with the reality of much of private primary education is a mystery.

You reinforce what I told me kid: there are facts, there is research, and there are dingbats on the internet. Choose wisely which you believe. I've previously documented here the issues with private education in Indiana; if North Carolina manages to have improved experience with the same class of Republican social-values idiots in charge, well God bless ya'll.

A weeks paid vacation, time off any time they asked, 2 paid holidays,and use of company truck.

That's pretty shitty. I know I won't get rich in my field, and I am fine with that because my heart is in it, but here's my benefits:

Six years in I have three weeks paid vacation.
Six sick days a year.
Five personal days a year.
Nine paid holidays
Paid mileage.
Good medical, dental, and eye insurance at halfway decent rates, and an employee wellness plan to lower my rates. Hell, I get $150 back each year just for a blood panel.
Employer paid short-term disability, with long-term disability cheap as dirt

That's pretty shitty. I know I won't get rich in my field, and I am fine with that because my heart is in it, but here's my benefits:

Six years in I have three weeks paid vacation.
Six sick days a year.
Five personal days a year.
Nine paid holidays
Paid mileage.
Good medical, dental, and eye insurance at halfway decent rates, and an employee wellness plan to lower my rates. Hell, I get $150 back each year just for a blood panel.
Employer paid short-term disability, with long-term disability cheap as dirt

How many employees does your parent company employee mr. pill head?

What your rambling has to do with the reality of much of private primary education is a mystery.

You reinforce what I told me kid: there are facts, there is research, and there are dingbats on the internet. Choose wisely which you believe. I've previously documented here the issues with private education in Indiana; if North Carolina manages to have improved experience with the same class of Republican social-values idiots in charge, well God bless ya'll.

All your reply needed to say was....”yes, I’m a bigot. Let’s move on.”

Luckily in this market we have non religious based private options, that serve all levels and demographics. Started of course because of the previous 200 years of Dem “values”.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
Any standard. He wouldn't get an employee here unless he handed out free weed at work or something else crazy. Real employees of even moderate talent demand much more. Competition is a bitch in this labor market.
hell of it is, bet when he was typing that he was all proud of himself. LOL!

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Your experience with that is unique in my experience.

Nearly every Christian school I've been around has qualified subject teachers through high school.

All your reply needed to say was....”yes, I’m a bigot. Let’s move on.”

Luckily in this market we have non religious based private options, that serve all levels and demographics. Started of course because of the previous 200 years of Dem “values”.

Are you now a "liberal" with your "bigot card"? Are taxpayers that are concerned with fraud and ripoffs in voucher programs now bigots? Are you one of these idiots that believes Christians are persecuted in the USA?

Two would make "options". What is your state's percentage of religious based private schools vs non-religious? What percentage of voucher students attend religious schools? Does your state allow non-certified personal to be teachers in voucher accepting schools? Are voucher receiving schools required to do background checks on personnel? How much will taxpayers be ripped off with your new voucher program over, say, ten years? Can your private schools refuse to accept students with intellectual and developmental disabilities? Do the fine Republican, Christian legislators of North Carolina brag that Islamic schools can now use tax money to teach sharia and jihad? Will BC be stopping by to tell the kids the Earth is only 7k years old? Will you answer these questions truthfully when you know I already know the answers?

I have zero issue with parents spending their own money to put their kids in private schools, both good ones and shitty ones. If you want to use taxpayer money, develop schools that have to follow the same standards as public schools, period.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT