ADVERTISEMENT

I'm hearing resolution is near

The students who have gone on to attend Duke, Brown, Columbia, VT, MIT (just a handful of examples from recent HS graduating classes)

Did you just really lump Virginia Tech (or Vermont) in with Duke, Brown, Columbia, and MIT?

I don't know what makes you sound or appear more stupid.

There are a lot of things that prove your level of stupidity, but this one sums it up while you were trying to mock the intelligence of others:

waiving the bible around

Uhh, I think you mean "waving," moron. Perhaps you should be the one going to elementary school instead of your daughter.

Did you just really lump Virginia Tech (or Vermont) in with Duke, Brown, Columbia, and MIT?

There are a lot of things that prove your level of stupidity, but this one sums it up while you were trying to mock the intelligence of others:

Uhh, I think you mean "waving," moron. Perhaps you should be the one going to elementary school instead of your daughter.

VT or Vermont it’s lol either way. Both are fine schools but clearly several large steps down the list.

you won't trust them because I do them. LOL!

"LIES! LIES! DERP, ERRR, UHHH MORAN!"

True. But at least you'd have something to do other than claim improvements in the metal fab shop are due to the repeal of regulations that didn't happen.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/engineering-doctorate

Weird. According to this, VT actually ranks higher than Columbia and Duke in undergraduate Engineering programs that also offer a doctorate in the program.

(Calling out to Greed, Dherd, Cuntry...Rifle needing some likes!)

Of course VT has a better engineering program than Duke. Did I ever say otherwise? And I don’t think the original argument was specifically related to only the engineering curriculum.

Do you have a college degree? If so, from what school and what is your degree?

Of course VT has a better engineering program than Duke. Did I ever say otherwise? And I don’t think the original argument was specifically related to only the engineering curriculum.

Raleigh is gonna try to twist this one all around. Duke Columbia va tech Marshall. They are all the same ya know.

For the record va tech has a 70 percent acceptance rate. Duke 13% and Columbia 7% but who’s counting.

For the record va tech has a 70 percent acceptance rate. Duke 13% and Columbia 7% but who’s counting.

Evidently the peers within that industry or programs that were surveyed.

You still trying to figure out a kid graduating from high school, with a goal of being an engineer, would consider which school has a higher ranking in that field?

You still trying to figure out a kid graduating from high school, with a goal of being an engineer, would consider which school has a higher ranking in that field?
And where in your original post did you refer to engineering? You didn’t.

And you didn’t answer my questions:

And where in your original post did you refer to engineering? You didn’t.

I didn’t have to moron. I just stated a kid “went to VT”. Someone else attempted to insert himself into the thread mocking VT, in an ignorantly broad way, why it would be considered in the same class as some of the others.

I just demonstrated in a very specific example why a kid would actually consider/choose to attend VT over some of those other schools.

Weird. According to this, VT actually ranks higher than Columbia and Duke in undergraduate Engineering programs that also offer a doctorate in the program.

I’m quite familiar with Duke engineering as my son is a double major graduate of the Pratt School.
He was heavily recruited by VT as an academic and athlete but wasn’t interested in the mostly one size fits all curriculum at VT. Duke and VT are very different as Duke concentrates on a smaller number of disciplines while Tech is the usual large public that attempts to cover it all.
Tech is great but Duke really integrates the academic experience of the whole university into the course of study. He even carried a third major in the liberal arts Trinity College at Duke.
Take rankings with a grain of salt, Duke engineering stacks up with any institution globally they just don’t have 20 majors.
Duke’s acceptance rate is about 9% currently.

Last edited:
Reactions: HerdBuckeye
I’m quite familiar with Duke engineering as my son is a double major graduate of the Pratt School.
He was heavily recruited by VT as an academic and athlete but wasn’t interested in the mostly one size fits all curriculum at VT. Duke and VT are very different as Duke concentrates on a smaller number of disciplines while Tech is the usual large public that attempts to cover it all.
Tech is great but Duke really integrates the academic experience of the whole university into the course of study. He even carried a third major in the liberal arts Trinity College at Duke.
Take rankings with a grain of salt, Duke engineering stacks up with any institution globally they just don’t have 20 majors.

I didn’t try to claim that Duke didn’t stack up with others in engineering.

Just demonstrating (despite others attempts to downplay) that VT has a place in that discussion too for kids who are looking for a highly respected engineering education.

Reactions: GreenDuke

Just demonstrating (despite others attempts to downplay) that VT has a place in that discussion too for kids who are looking for a highly respected engineering education.

They very much do have a place.

The engineering as you might expect stands out like a sore thumb over there.

Reactions: raleighherdfan

Actually no you were not demonstrating shit about engineering.

Are you afraid to answer?
I think I can answer for Raleigh. He has a law degree from Columbia, medical degree from Duke, public policy degree from Brown, computer science degree from MIT and of course an engineering degree from Va tech. He also has an MBA from Harvard. Smartest guy in the room just ask him.

Reactions: countryroads89

Wait: in terms of UNDERGRADUATE engineer at schools that also offer a DOCTORATE . . . any other qualifiers you would like to add?

And the most important thing: what the fvck does any of that have to do with your absolutely asinine general statement that I (and many others) have laughed at you about?

You didn't say "well, Virginia Tech may have one program slightly better than some of those other schools." You made a blanketed statement trying to put Tech on the same level, academically, as those other three schools . . . and it is comically bad. I

Drexel has a criminalistic science degree that Harvard doesn't even offer, so clearly Drexel should be lumped in with or ahead of Harvard University in a blanketed statement.

The fact that you are even trying to debate this shows just how pathetically full of shit you are. Here, let me help you: "yeah, my statement really was foolish. I should have noted that I was only talking about one specific major instead of trying to equate VT with those other schools like I did."

Yeah, but that's not what you said. If you had intended that, you would have included Drexel for their leading criminalistic science program, Marshall for whatever forensics program they poured money into, etc.

Your statement was absurdly stupid. Your attempt to argue out of it while everyone else is laughing at you for it shows just how full of shit you are. While you are asking your third grade daughter if you should use "waive" or "wave," you should also ask her how not to look like a complete idiot when trying to bullshit your way out of an asinine statement.

Wait: in terms of UNDERGRADUATE engineer at schools that also offer a DOCTORATE . . . any other qualifiers you would like to add?

And the most important thing: what the fvck does any of that have to do with your absolutely asinine general statement that I (and many others) have laughed at you about?

You didn't say "well, Virginia Tech may have one program slightly better than some of those other schools." You made a blanketed statement trying to put Tech on the same level, academically, as those other three schools . . . and it is comically bad. I

Drexel has a criminalistic science degree that Harvard doesn't even offer, so clearly Drexel should be lumped in with or ahead of Harvard University in a blanketed statement.

The fact that you are even trying to debate this shows just how pathetically full of shit you are. Here, let me help you: "yeah, my statement really was foolish. I should have noted that I was only talking about one specific major instead of trying to equate VT with those other schools like I did."

Yeah, but that's not what you said. If you had intended that, you would have included Drexel for their leading criminalistic science program, Marshall for whatever forensics program they poured money into, etc.

Your statement was absurdly stupid. Your attempt to argue out of it while everyone else is laughing at you for it shows just how full of shit you are. While you are asking your third grade daughter if you should use "waive" or "wave," you should also ask her how not to look like a complete idiot when trying to bullshit your way out of an asinine statement.

Hilarious. You were the one that introduced the need for “qualifying” a school/program. When it comes to your request to discuss levels of a schools/programs....would the “qualifier” of also having a doctorate program in a degree not be an important component of any ranking/survey for the institutions?? Christ. That actually bolsters the quality of the program and school.

Of course, I didn’t need any “qualifiers” as it related to the conversation I was having with Raoul (which you now seem desperate to be a part of). My “general statement” to Raoul was that kids from my daughters school system were getting into schools like VT, Brown, Duke etc when the broad assertion was made that private schools (like our system) weren’t teaching science,math, etc. (aka failing).

Talk about being asinine and stupid. Why would I have included Marshall or Drexel in a conversation with Raoul that didn’t involve kids from my daughter’s school system going there after graduation?

For someone claiming such a high level of intelligence, you can’t seem to follow an entire conversation these days. Now, seeing you brag that the likes of bucky and cuntry seem to be taking up your cause (when literally EVERYONE laughs at them on a daily basis) drops you to a whole new level of embarrassing yourself.

Come back another time when you can share with us the important insights on minimal steroid use or when and where the next Kidz Bop concert will be. Otherwise you’ll just continue to look desperate to be part of a thread by interjecting a line of discussion that had absolutely nothing to do with other poster’s conversation.

I think I can answer for Raleigh. He has a law degree from Columbia, medical degree from Duke, public policy degree from Brown, computer science degree from MIT and of course an engineering degree from Va tech. He also has an MBA from Harvard. Smartest guy in the room just ask him.

Degrees from these specific institutions??
Nope

A 20 year career in industries/sectors/businesses where I can speak to many of these subjects, and do??
Yes.

Claimed to be the smartest guy in the room???
Never.

Keep’m coming bucky.

Way to go, dicks that are picking at Raleigh. Ruining a thread arguing over semantics about what colleges are better than others. Anybody with common sense knew what he meant. He listed schools that kids get accepted to. Getting into Virginia Tech, while it may not be the prestigious Duke or MIT, from out of state is a nice admission for a student. He was just listing schools as examples. I don't think he was out to tarnish the reputation of Duke or MIT.

Way to go, dicks that are picking at Raleigh. Ruining a thread arguing over semantics about what colleges are better than others. Anybody with common sense knew what he meant. He listed schools that kids get accepted to. Getting into Virginia Tech, while it may not be the prestigious Duke or MIT, from out of state is a nice admission for a student. He was just listing schools as examples. I don't think he was out to tarnish the reputation of Duke or MIT.
Raleigh is just getting what he gives. He is the king of arguing silly shit. He chose the sand box he plays in long ago. But he is the smartest guy in the room.

Raleigh is just getting what he gives. He is the king of arguing silly shit. He chose the sand box he plays in long ago. But he is the smartest guy in the room.

It’s easy giving people shit that admit they are retarded or only have the ability to post “Mueller knows” for a year.

Keep’m coming bucky.

. Getting into Virginia Tech, while it may not be the prestigious Duke or MIT,

Now you’ve done it! Wait until Raleigh sees this and tells you that there is one program - with two additional qualifiers - which is ranked slightly higher at VT over MIT.

[QUOTE="raleighherdfan, post: 525069, member: 1184.] When it comes to your request to discuss levels of a schools/programs...

.[/QUOTE]

I’m not the one who tried claiming that VT was on the same level as MIT, Columbia, and Duke. Your attempt was to show that your daughter’s school puts out kids into great colleges. Listing elite schools and then throwing VT in with them is foolish. It’s why people who rarely agree with my posts even laughed at you in the thread for doing it.

You should have waived your right to wave your dumb lips and kept quiet instead.

I’m not the one who tried claiming that VT was on the same level as MIT, Columbia, and Duke.

Funny. When you actually read the full statement and comprehend the context of the original discussion Raoul and I were having......I wasn't either.

The students who have gone on to attend Duke, Brown, Columbia, VT, MIT (just a handful of examples from recent HS graduating classes) would most likely tell you they were well prepared

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT