ADVERTISEMENT

I'm hearing resolution is near

Your experience with that is unique in my experience.

Nearly every Christian school I've been around has qualified subject teachers through high school.

Drive up to Indiana for a visit.

60% of Indiana voucher receiving schools have been graded by the state as D or F (yes, we use the A-F scale to rate schools). I don't think that and allowing non subject qualified teachers are unrelated, especially if we assume parents who send their kids to private schools are above average interested in their child's education.

I’m not going to debate the merits of private vs public schools, but if I were a young man I’d certainly compete for a private school teaching job if it had higher pay. I’d be crazy not to. The pool of kids that are going to private schools now are generally from wealthier families with parents that aren’t detached and genuinely participate and are interested in the success of their kids. There would be less behavioral issues, lower class sizes, and students with higher ability than the rest of the general population. It would be an amazing experience teaching a well behaved and highly motivated group of kids.

What is being insinuated here, but couldn’t be further from the truth, is that the teachers are better. On the whole they are not. John Wooden wouldn’t be a bad coach simply because his Smithville High team lost to the Jordan led Chicago Bulls.

So yeah...sign me up. I presently have 28 4th graders (the absolute maximum and three over the state limit for class size). The incident of behavioral concerns I deal with erode a large chunk of the instructional time. I have students who are integrated from special education, a kid with Obsessive Defiance Disorder who can at the drop of a hat become such a disruptive force that the principal has to literally drag him out of the classroom. I have students whose parents are drug addicts. I have a student whose father murdered his mother while he sat in my class. I have a little black kid (I love this kid) who had to be removed from his parents home because of criminal and drug use. The attention span and motivation level of many of them are amazingly low. I have students that when faced with a test that exceeds 10 minutes in length who will just mark or give any answer, because they can’t focus longer than five minutes. The poor grade isn’t a deterrent because they don’t care. I had one kid on the state testing fill in the answer card on the computer in a pattern of designs because it looked cool. I could go on forever.

Of course private schools are better. They’re winning the pick up basketball game because they get the first five picks. But after a hard days work I feel satisfied with what I do. I really love to do it...well...until I come to this board and get all of this amazing outpouring of respect.:p

How many employees does your parent company employee mr. pill head?

That's an odd question, because most people would assume a successful company has more than two or three employees. And most people would assume the owner of a successful business would not need Obamacare after retirement (or quitting, whichever it was). So yes, the community non-profit I work for has more employees than your wood-working shed.

I’m not going to debate the merits of private vs public schools, but if I were a young man I’d certainly compete for a private school teaching job if it had higher pay. I’d be crazy not to. The pool of kids that are going to private schools now are generally from wealthier families with parents that aren’t detached and genuinely participate and are interested in the success of their kids. There would be less behavioral issues, lower class sizes, and students with higher ability than the rest of the general population. It would be an amazing experience teaching a well behaved and highly motivated group of kids.

What is being insinuated here, but couldn’t be further from the truth, is that the teachers are better. On the whole they are not. John Wooden wouldn’t be a bad coach simply because his Smithville High team lost to the Jordan led Chicago Bulls.

So yeah...sign me up. I presently have 28 4th graders (the absolute maximum and three over the state limit for class size). The incident of behavioral concerns I deal with erode a large chunk of the instructional time. I have students who are integrated from special education, a kid with Obsessive Defiance Disorder who can at the drop of a hat become such a disruptive force that the principal has to literally drag him out of the classroom. I have students whose parents are drug addicts. I have a student whose father murdered his mother while he sat in my class. I have a little black kid (I love this kid) who had to be removed from his parents home because of criminal and drug use. The attention span and motivation level of many of them are amazingly low. I have students that when faced with a test that exceeds 10 minutes in length who will just mark or give any answer, because they can’t focus longer than five minutes. The poor grade isn’t a deterrent because they don’t care. I had one kid on the state testing fill in the answer card on the computer in a pattern of designs because it looked cool. I could go on forever.

Of course private schools are better. They’re winning the pick up basketball game because they get the first five picks. But after a hard days work I feel satisfied with what I do. I really love to do it...well...until I come to this board and get all of this amazing outpouring of respect.:p

All of this, and yet 60% of Indiana voucher schools were graded by the state with a D or F. They drafted Jordan, Lebron, Bird, Magic, and Chamberlain and went 60-100 for the year.

That's an odd question, because most people would assume a successful company has more than two or three employees. And most people would assume the owner of a successful business would not need Obamacare after retirement (or quitting, whichever it was). So yes, the community non-profit I work for has more employees than your wood-working shed.

No, it's not an odd question. It's easier to afford more vacation days and higher pay when you have more employees. Most people would assume someone on antidepressants has a mental disease. How is your non profit employer funded? Taxes? Charity?

No, it's not an odd question. It's easier to afford more vacation days and higher pay when you have more employees.

It's easier to afford when you are successful, as well.

Most people would assume someone on antidepressants has a mental disease.

Most people would assume Christians would not join a side-cult.

How is your non profit employer funded? Taxes? Charity?

100% funded by The Church of Scientology.

giphy.gif

Are you now a "liberal" with your "bigot card"? Are taxpayers that are concerned with fraud and ripoffs in voucher programs now bigots? Are you one of these idiots that believes Christians are persecuted in the USA?

Two would make "options". What is your state's percentage of religious based private schools vs non-religious? What percentage of voucher students attend religious schools? Does your state allow non-certified personal to be teachers in voucher accepting schools? Are voucher receiving schools required to do background checks on personnel? How much will taxpayers be ripped off with your new voucher program over, say, ten years? Can your private schools refuse to accept students with intellectual and developmental disabilities? Do the fine Republican, Christian legislators of North Carolina brag that Islamic schools can now use tax money to teach sharia and jihad? Will BC be stopping by to tell the kids the Earth is only 7k years old? Will you answer these questions truthfully when you know I already know the answers?

I have zero issue with parents spending their own money to put their kids in private schools, both good ones and shitty ones. If you want to use taxpayer money, develop schools that have to follow the same standards as public schools, period.

Sounds like you need to do some more research and investigate the other options for education currently available outside of the backwoods of Indiana. I know what students in this area have access to if their parents actually take the time to research beyond the assumptions repeated on the internet. The standards are HIGHER than the public school system here.

My daughter's school doesn't accept vouchers. They offer tuition waivers and/or scholarships for affordability. The school "system" she attends was actually founded in one of the lowest income communities in the area about 30+ years ago by a "bigoted" rich dude (lol) in order to serve....the forgotten/ underserved. Its grown exponentially across the region, despite it having zero ties to a specific religion or culture as a basis for their existence.

Teachers either have masters degrees in their subjects or working to obtain them. Many come from the public school system where "days off" and bureaucratic manipulation were more important than time in the class teaching math, science, and reading to students.

The students who have gone on to attend Duke, Brown, Columbia, VT, MIT (just a handful of examples from recent HS graduating classes) would most likely tell you they were well prepared.

Yes, our school will/does refuse to accept serious developmentally challenged students....because the curriculum is at an accelerated rate (and they accept no public money whatsoever requiring them to do so).

There is little focus on religion as a "value" system. Simply a subject topic as it relates to world cultures.

If you were to ask my (3rd grade) daughter how old/long the earth has been around, her answer would be "....billions...." If you were to ask her to name her closest friends, more than half would be minorities.

I don't know what makes you sound or appear more stupid. The overuse of the term "Republican Christian legislators in NC" or the inability to grasp the idea that "Dem Christian legislators in NC" have been waiving the bible around for generations longer than any Repub and continually do so when its time to collect some votes.

Last edited:
Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
"You asked advice because you said you had one guy who was mad about it."
^^^2 lies in one sentence^^^ That's trumpesque. I never asked for advice and I never said he was mad about it.

You moron, do you know any unions that are comprised of 5 and only 5 employees? No, you don't.

The system whether building or selling are the same. You don't have to pretend to be stupid, I'm already convinced. Again, you moronic liar, no one said the pay was the same.
Your plan was pure shit regardless of size. You could have done better whether You had a union or not terrible

You did come on here talking about a mad employee who was upset about his pay plan. You had terrible policies.

What did he do?

On MetroNews with Hoppy he proposed taking the found Justice money and applying those funds to PEIA instead of the 5%. He stated how can the teachers be against this proposal when they have said all along that PEIA is the issue. He turned it around but you (and other folks) may be pleased with this news.

I think I know what you're referring to...him saying that he will take the money found to fund teacher pay raises and put it in the PEIA fund to shore it up while the task force studies the situation.

That is purely political and I was discussing this with my daughter coming up the road. The teachers have asked for a permanent and dedicated source of PEIA funding. This is a temporary fix and is NOT an answer to what the teachers are looking for.

He fully understands that when the teachers complain because the have a promise ripped out from under them, he will immediately come back and characterize the teachers as greedy and just wanting money. Smart move politically and validation of my hatred for politicians.

Reactions: GreenDuke
Your plan was pure shit regardless of size.

Yet another lie. Only an idiot like you would call out a plan in which every single person working at my shop made more money.

You did come on here talking about a mad employee who was upset about his pay plan.

Another lie. I was the one upset, liar.

You had terrible policies.

Good job. Doubling down on calling out a policy that created better pay for everyone. You're too ignorant to understand why I call you a moron.

I think I know what you're referring to...him saying that he will take the money found to fund teacher pay raises and put it in the PEIA fund to shore it up while the task force studies the situation.

That is purely political and I was discussing this with my daughter coming up the road. The teachers have asked for a permanent and dedicated source of PEIA funding. This is a temporary fix and is NOT an answer to what the teachers are looking for.

He fully understands that when the teachers complain because the have a promise ripped out from under them, he will immediately come back and characterize the teachers as greedy and just want money. Smart move politically and validation of my hatred for politicians.

Yes you summed it up very well. It’s a political move for sure, as is every move made under the Dome.
Be interesting to see if JJ can corral the Senate R’s, a test of his power.

Greed… I see that you suddenly no longer care about deficits. How convenient.

I've never cared much about government deficits, moron. When I speak about deficits or debt, I'm exposing the absolute hypocrisy of conservatives like you who only complain about deficit/debt when democrats are in office. How convenient.

Yes you summed it up very well. It’s a political move for sure, as is every move made under the Dome.
Be interesting to see if JJ can corral the Senate R’s, a test of his power.

Mitch Carmichael is a hundred times more politically savvy and smarter than Justice. I can't imagine Justice pulling it off. But who knows if there are back door deals being cut right now. Public posturing doesn't always equate to the politics happening behind the scenes.

Someone up at the capitol cracked me up the other day when he said we were a cheeseburger away from Mitch being the governor of our state.

Reactions: GreenDuke
characterize the teachers as greedy and just wanting money

Yet, earlier last night...teachers were (supposedly) on the verge of going back to work with a 5% raise and no permanent PEIA fix in hand....

And to insinuate that only the politicians in this whole scenario are the one's playing politics is pretty funny.

Yet, earlier last night...teachers were (supposedly) on the verge of going back to work with a 5% raise and no permanent PEIA fix in hand....

And to insinuate that only the politicians in this whole scenario are the one's playing politics is pretty funny.

Huh? What 5% raise? Passing the house does not equate to getting a raise especially when the senate leader was already saying he had the votes for it not to pass. The fact that the teachers are out in all 55 counties disproves your point.

That assumed the 5% raise passed, moron.

I think Carmichael made a politically dumb move. Teachers were split on coming back, had he supported the pay raise combined with a fairly solid plan to look for a PEIA solution (on top of already holding employees harmless for the next year) the general public would've viewed the plan as a reasonable solution.

If he had pushed it, teachers would either have to go back to work, or lose all public support.

Instead, he made himself the reason teachers aren't back at work. He is going to lose his job over this if he doesn't find a way to save face now.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I think Carmichael made a politically dumb move. Teachers were split on coming back, had he supported the pay raise combined with a fairly solid plan to look for a PEIA solution (on top of already holding employees harmless for the next year) the general public would've viewed the plan as a reasonable solution.

If he had pushed it, teachers would either have to go back to work, or lose all public support.

Instead, he made himself the reason teachers aren't back at work. He is going to lose his job over this if he doesn't find a way to save face now.

That's an excellent point.

Eliminate wv state income tax for WV teachers and state employees. Take the 5% proposed raise and apply it to PEIA funding gap. Problem solved. More money in citizen pockets will boost economy and pay for itself. Right cons?

Like when you were proud of the metal fab shop having a great year due to repeal of regulations by cheetos?
the increase in gross from 16 to 17 for this company you're so interested in was probably more than you ever grossed in a single year. >$100K

Sounds like you need to do some more research and investigate the other options for education currently available outside of the backwoods of Indiana. I know what students in this area have access to if their parents actually take the time to research beyond the assumptions repeated on the internet. The standards are HIGHER than the public school system here.

My daughter's school doesn't accept vouchers. They offer tuition waivers and/or scholarships for affordability. The school "system" she attends was actually founded in one of the lowest income communities in the area about 30+ years ago by a "bigoted" rich dude (lol) in order to serve....the forgotten/ underserved. Its grown exponentially across the region, despite it having zero ties to a specific religion or culture as a basis for their existence.

Teachers either have masters degrees in their subjects or working to obtain them. Many come from the public school system where "days off" and bureaucratic manipulation were more important than time in the class teaching math, science, and reading to students.

The students who have gone on to attend Duke, Brown, Columbia, VT, MIT (just a handful of examples from recent HS graduating classes) would most likely tell you they were well prepared.

Yes, our school will/does refuse to accept serious developmentally challenged students....because the curriculum is at an accelerated rate (and they accept no public money whatsoever requiring them to do so).

There is little focus on religion as a "value" system. Simply a subject topic as it relates to world cultures.

If you were to ask my (3rd grade) daughter how old the earth has been around, her answer would be "....billions...." If you were to ask her to name her closest friends, more than half would be minorities.

I don't know what makes you sound or appear more stupid. The overuse of the term "Republican Christian legislators in NC" or the inability to grasp the idea that "Dem Christian legislators in NC" have been waiving the bible around for generations longer than any Repub and continually do so when its time to collect some votes.

This "backwoods" has exactly the same number of NFL and NBA teams as your state.

I'm glad you have invested in a great opportunity for your kid. But that's not what other parents, or schools, are doing.

70% of NC voucher accepting schools are religious. 90% of NC voucher students attend religious schools. NC voucher receiving schools do not have to hire qualified and personal and do not have to do background checks. I've read you all will spend between $250m and $500m over ten years on vouchers. Yes, private schools can flat-out cherry pick students, they can refuse admission for anything other than race. I seriously doubt any of your politicians have bragged taxpayer money is being used to teach Islam. BC is too busy watching his kids due to the teacher strike to drop by, and assuming the strike will never end he will not be dropping by anytime soon. ;)

And yes, my main issue isn't crappy teachers, crappy private schools, etc. It's your choice to give your kids a crappy education. States could make these schools accountable if they want to. My main issue is tax dollars teaching religion.

the increase in gross from 16 to 17 for this company you're so interested in was probably more than you ever grossed in a single year. >$100K

Yeah, thanks to the non existent repeal of regulations, moron.

I agree. From hero to zero.

Yeah, thanks to the non existent repeal of regulations, moron.
all about the repeal of that one back in feb, not looking it up again for you, and the outlook. $100K increase in sales. you ever have $100K increase in sales in a year? LOL!

all about the repeal of that one back in feb, not looking it up again for you,

There was no repeal in February and you can't look it up again because it doesn't exist. moron.

$100K increase in sales. you ever have $100K increase in sales in a year? LOL!

I suspect your $100K is as fictitious as those repealed regulations.

Huh? What 5% raise? Passing the house does not equate to getting a raise especially when the senate leader was already saying he had the votes for it not to pass. The fact that the teachers are out in all 55 counties disproves your point.

Would you not have gone back to work with a (passed) 5% raise and no PEIA fix? Christ. I never thought you and cuntry would share the same ability in comprehending a conversation.

out again tomorrow. you herd it hear first . . . not like it's a surprise, doe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT