ADVERTISEMENT

Iran

If we could rid ourself of our dependency on oil, we wouldn’t have to worry about any of this stuff. We wouldn’t need to even be in the area protecting our economy. A large part of terrorism is funded by oil money. We can disagree about global warming. We can talk about nuclear (which I’m for). But we will never solve the problem in the Middle East until we don’t have a reason to be there.
We import(gross) a little less than 10 million barrels of oil a day of those about 30% comes from OPEC nations which includes nations from African and South America. not just the gulf states. Just the gulf states we import about 16%. Our biggest import partner is Canada which provides 43% of total imports followed by Saudi Arabi at 9%.
https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=727&t=6

I’d be the happiest person in the world if Trump did that. And old fart? Wanna rassle? :)

The funny thing is, I was just skimming through and it sounded like something Greed would say, so I originally thought I was quoting/responding to him, LOL. But if the fart fits...

Reactions: GK4Herd
We import(gross) a little less than 10 million barrels of oil a day of those about 30% comes from OPEC nations which includes nations from African and South America. not just the gulf states. Just the gulf states we import about 16%. Our biggest import partner is Canada which provides 43% of total imports followed by Saudi Arabi at 9%.
https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=727&t=6

Yet we’re still over there and now in a military game of chicken with Iran. Would we still be in those waters if we were oil dependent?

Yet we’re still over there and now in a military game of chicken with Iran. Would we still be in those waters if we were oil dependent?
Absolutely we would because Europe is an entirely different story. Obviously they get the majority of their oil from Russia but they are far more dependent on the Persian gulf than we are.

Ever hear of the Barbary wars and pirates? Thomas Jefferson didn't mess around and that was before the internal combustion engine. You don't mess with the open sea and shipping lanes.

Absolutely we would because Europe is an entirely different story. Obviously they get the majority of their oil from Russia but they are far more dependent on the Persian gulf than we are.

When I say no longer oil dependent I mean the entire world, not just the US. That would also remove Europe’s need for our presence there. The economies of these terrorist producing countries would be wiped out. This would certainly diminish their threat.

our energy independence is probably saving $20-$30 a barrel on oil right now and is why the market is booming despite oil/iran concerns.

Now, the sooner you libiots realize what MAGA is doing for you the better off you will be.

When I say no longer oil dependent I mean the entire world, not just the US. That would also remove Europe’s need for our presence there. The economies of these terrorist producing countries would be wiped out. This would certainly diminish their threat.
Afghinstan's Oil Production? Somalis blocking the horn of Africa? US in operations throughout Africa. Why is that? Oil might be a component of your theory, but you are missing an ingredient.

Afghinstan's Oil Production? Somalis blocking the horn of Africa? US in operations throughout Africa. Why is that? Oil might be a component of your theory, but you are missing an ingredient.

You’re going to have to elaborate. I’m not sure what you’re getting at. Every article on a quick glance shows Somalia’s activities in the Horn of Africa as well as Afghanistan’s interest in the area are tied to oil. Are you saying that we’d still be there in the same capacity with oil independence?

You’re going to have to elaborate. I’m not sure what you’re getting at. Every article on a quick glance shows Somalia’s activities in the Horn of Africa as well as Afghanistan’s interest in the area are tied to oil. Are you saying that we’d still be there in the same capacity with oil independence?
I don't doubt oil plays a large role. But, afghinstan and somalia are not oil large oil producing nations. But, they are exporters of terror groups and the radical groups block the flow of oil and cargo. There is a thing called reality and we are not oil independent and that is not in the near future.

The economies of these terrorist producing countries would be wiped out. This would certainly diminish their threat.

Wouldn't that be great? Those dirtbags would still be living like the days of Moses had they not lucked into having insane amounts of fossil fuels.

our energy independence is probably saving $20-$30 a barrel on oil right now and is why the market is booming despite oil/iran concerns.

Now, the sooner you libiots realize what MAGA is doing for you the better off you will be.

tenor.gif

I don't doubt oil plays a large role. But, afghinstan and somalia are not oil large oil producing nations. But, they are exporters of terror groups and the radical groups block the flow of oil and cargo. There is a thing called reality and we are not oil independent and that is not in the near future.

I don't know so much about Somalia, but Afghanistan has been found to be rich in a lot of other useful minerals over the past few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT