ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall’s Big Men

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Being schooled by Maryland who’s bigs are just that - BIG. Not the Bennett type. They are rebounding, blocking our shots, and generally out playing us period. Shows what happens when Elmore and Burks get shut down.

Being schooled by Maryland who’s bigs are just that - BIG. Not the Bennett type. They are rebounding, blocking our shots, and generally out playing us period. Shows what happens when Elmore and Burks get shut down.

It could just be that Maryland's coach looks for big men who have skill in, and work at, rebounding, blocking shots and playing D, instead of MU coaches who apparently only consider how well the big shoots the trey!!

We knew teams would focus on Elmore and put pressure on Burks. UM gave everyone a recipe on how to beat us. Jansen played well but that’s about it.
one of those guys(at least) is a 5 star guy who is a NBA level talent. Oh well, we played like shit against a good team. Good thing is basketball is a long season. We will be ok. Maryland is really good and we played like shit. Time to move on.

No Random I’m not excited about how poorly we played. It is yet another missed opportunity. Once again tons of hype leading up to this followed by 3 of 4 opponents we had in common with Maryland (EKU the lone exception) and we - supposedly had a more veteran team playing a “younger” team - and were schooled - no embarrassed. Against our remaining OOC teams we should be ok. Texas A&M and Virginia - well? It would be nice to beat one of the three and I thought tonight’s chance was the best of the three to win.

Even after all that, the season still comes down to the CUSA conference tournament in March.

That's simply the way it is, if you're a fan of Marshall. If this isn't your thing, then maybe you shouldn't be a fan. You have other teams you can go cheer for. - SamC

When you live by the ‘3’ you die by the ‘3’. We couldn’t hit the side of Henderson Center if we had to. We look like boys going up against men physically. It showed again last night against Maryland. We were physically man handled on both ends of the court. We need a strength coach in a bad way. I know we lost ours in the summer but this has been something that has gone on for some time. We are to lean.

one of those guys(at least) is a 5 star guy who is a NBA level talent. Oh well, we played like shit against a good team. Good thing is basketball is a long season. We will be ok. Maryland is really good and we played like shit. Time to move on.

Who gives a shit about stars, just a simple statement on how to beat us. Teams with good big men will give us fits.
I like DD a lot but some people need to get off his nuts.

Who gives a shit about stars, just a simple statement on how to beat us. Teams with good big men will give us fits.
I am one who has been a big DD supporter -still am.
What MD was able to do to us CUSA teams almost w/o exception (WKU?) do not have the talent to take both Elmore & Burks out and not pay the price somewhere else. + we shot horribly/they were lights out all night, it seemed. We will be fine. I think DD let’s them abandon “the system” so he can reinforce that doing so gets us beat most every time...

Reactions: chuck1069
well, they had more talent that us. Not only their big men, they might have the best point guard in the Big 10.

It was a long shot for us to win that game. If nobody gave a shit about stars then Duke's roster wouldn't look like the Milky Way.

Good Lord. Get a grip. We are not even in the conference schedule yet and probably played the best team we will see all year. Shot like crap and they had a ton big time players. Move on.

Reactions: thunderscope
well, they had more talent that us. Not only their big men, they might have the best point guard in the Big 10.

It was a long shot for us to win that game. If nobody gave a shit about stars then Duke's roster wouldn't look like the Milky Way.

Good Lord. Get a grip. We are not even in the conference schedule yet and probably played the best team we will see all year. Shot like crap and they had a ton big time players. Move on.

I didn’t expect us to win but I expected a better showing. They weren’t ranked, not like VA. It just emphasized our defeciencies in the paint.
Truth is, we prolly weren’t going to the dance anyway unless we win the league.

Time will tell. DD's teams always improve as the season plays out. Maryland may be highly underated and end up making quite a statement in the Big 10. They were about 10 points better than us -- look at the foul shooting stats. The refs let them beat us to death and called many questionable touch fouls on us. We shot, what, two free throws in the first half?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT