ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Marshall vs WKU

Now for a non passive / aggressive assessment:
  • Green kept fighting in spite of really poor play. Good for him he displayed a lot of guts
  • Defense is strong, especially when you account for their time on the field
  • O Line did a good job. Many of the pressures of the QB are on him as he panics and does not step up into the pocket
  • I liked Doc's clock management in the second half, specifically on the last drive
  • This is a good win for this team and they have plenty to build off of and correct

I claim no coaching experience but would it not be a good idea to have some designed runs for Green to get him more comfortable running?

No he just needs to learn that when the defense sends 3 lineman on 3rd down and all that space is open, to let it develop then run. He missed that a few times, looking to throw too much. Cato did the same thing until his senior year

Now for a non passive / aggressive assessment:
  • O Line did a good job. Many of the pressures of the QB are on him as he panics and does not step up into the pocket

What? The O line struggled for most of the game. It wasnt until the 4th quarter when Davis and King finally got some holes opened for them that they manged to get their yards per carry over 4.

This reminds me of last year when the O line would get dominated for most of the game until the opposing defense got a little tired late in the game and we managed to get some late runs that boosted the run game. You look at the stats and see Davis finished with 4.1 yards a carry and King finished with 5.3 YPC and say 'Hey the O line did a good job' when most people watching, including the play by play guys would be talking about how the Marshall O line had been dominated for 3+ quarters.

Reactions: herdfan429
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT