ADVERTISEMENT

On a lighter side

extragreen

Platinum Buffalo
Jan 2, 2007
My son and his wife took their 11 year old son and 10 year old daughter to DC for a short vacation trip. Here's what my son had to say, and I quote:

"The kids made out well. Evan (Jenkins) took them down to the house floor. They were 2 of the only 3 kids on the floor during active voting. Evan let them cast 4 votes for him regarding money appropriation. The kids were on CSPAN as well. Evan introduced them to Paul Ryan....(I'll make them wash their hands). Also Jeff Sessions stopped and took the time to compliment the kids. Evan gave us nearly 3 hours of his time, as well as giving the kids congressional coins, and Klondike bars. He also gave us access to rooms within the capital that the general public was excluded from, including the cloak room. We also got a balcony view from atop the capital looking toward the Washington monument. Although I disagree with his politics, he treated these children like absolute royalty."

Regardless of political animosity, most of our representatives are just...people.

Its a shame you weren't able to provide examples of any democrats that are "just people"

My son and his wife took their 11 year old son and 10 year old daughter to DC for a short vacation trip. Here's what my son had to say, and I quote:

"The kids made out well. Evan (Jenkins) took them down to the house floor. They were 2 of the only 3 kids on the floor during active voting. Evan let them cast 4 votes for him regarding money appropriation. The kids were on CSPAN as well. Evan introduced them to Paul Ryan....(I'll make them wash their hands). Also Jeff Sessions stopped and took the time to compliment the kids. Evan gave us nearly 3 hours of his time, as well as giving the kids congressional coins, and Klondike bars. He also gave us access to rooms within the capital that the general public was excluded from, including the cloak room. We also got a balcony view from atop the capital looking toward the Washington monument. Although I disagree with his politics, he treated these children like absolute royalty."

Regardless of political animosity, most of our representatives are just...people.
nice, sounds like you guys had a great time

Reactions: extragreen
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT