ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when I used to say…

Platinum Buffalo
Jun 1, 2002
…. We would never see Doc out in the community recruiting. I used to say going to high school basketball games was a great way to be seen and at the same time recruit. Well, low and behold Huff and staff show up at the Poca vs Nitro game last night. I have always said a football recruit that plays hoops is an indicator of foot quickness.

Reactions: LynnSept8
…. We would never see Doc out in the community recruiting. I used to say going to high school basketball games was a great way to be seen and at the same time recruit. Well, low and behold Huff and staff show up at the Poca vs Nitro game last night. I have always said a football recruit that plays hoops is an indicator of foot quickness.
No it’s not an indicator of foot quickness but it is an indication of a much more well rounded athlete

No it’s not an indicator of foot quickness but it is an indication of a much more well rounded athlete
Correct but also When you see a 6-4 250 lineman posting up it shows foot work. Doc knows as well.

It’s proven that college coaches prefer multi sport athletes. They use different muscle groups with each sport usually.
Good for Huff!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
So is Payne a good basketballer as well as being an all state tight end?

Reactions: Herd1972
The biggest thing here is getting out and being visible, whether you’re recruiting an athlete or not (and yes, he was clearly following up with a kid he has recruited in this instance). The truth is, we need to recruit the fan base, too. And any public appearance like this is a good thing.

The biggest thing here is getting out and being visible, whether you’re recruiting an athlete or not (and yes, he was clearly following up with a kid he has recruited in this instance). The truth is, we need to recruit the fan base, too. And any public appearance like this is a good thing.
Correct and Doc never did this but if you brought it up while he was here and it was all excuses by his fanboys.

You are completely correct. Huff and his staff need to get out among the locals and different games. That little bit of effort shows everyone that he is part of the community and will generate support for Marshall at the games. A little bit of hand shaking chatting with people does more for building Marshall support than all the BIG fancy TV and radio ads.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT