ADVERTISEMENT

SiriusXM/TuneIn Radio Broadcast Team for Marshall’s Bowl Game

Have to agree with you on this one. I mean, obviously they don’t have a bowl game of their own to call but this is a little mind boggling.

I assume the MU home call is still being done and will be in all the usual places.

As the bowl game belongs to ESPN, via its “ESPN Events” subsidiary, I would have thought they would have just used somebody in house.

Back in the 90s, long before sat radio and internet audio and such, MU radio in Charleston was on the Bristol chain of stations; WVU, which was pretty mediocre most years and missed bowls 6 out of the 10 years, was on Raese Radio. Raese bought the neutral radio feed from the NCAA playoffs and later from the Motor City Bowl, and was going around selling “the Marshall game” against the actual Marshall coverage on the other station. The two companies’ sales guys came to blows over it.

Given how 100% anti-Marshall everyone at Metronews is, it is an odd choice, then and now.

I assume the MU home call is still being done and will be in all the usual places.

As the bowl game belongs to ESPN, via its “ESPN Events” subsidiary, I would have thought they would have just used somebody in house.

Back in the 90s, long before sat radio and internet audio and such, MU radio in Charleston was on the Bristol chain of stations; WVU, which was pretty mediocre most years and missed bowls 6 out of the 10 years, was on Raese Radio. Raese bought the neutral radio feed from the NCAA playoffs and later from the Motor City Bowl, and was going around selling “the Marshall game” against the actual Marshall coverage on the other station. The two companies’ sales guys came to blows over it.

Given how 100% anti-Marshall everyone at Metronews is, it is an odd choice, then and now.

ESPN Radio isn't doing our game. There are a handful of bowl games that ESPN radio is not doing. Our bowl is one of them.

I was gonna suggest that you just keep the TV broadcast crew on but I can't say its going be any better. Here's the three turds we got lined up for Monday:

TV announcers (ESPN): Roy Philpott (Play-by-Play), Kelly Stouffer (Analyst) and Lauren Sisler (Sideline)

c6fa5296f4aeb7863c3bdd45_rw_1200.gif

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
TV announcers (ESPN): Roy Philpott (Play-by-Play), Kelly Stouffer (Analyst) and Lauren Sisler (Sideline)

Never heard of any of them.

The last several years MetroNews has had radio rights for a bowl game.

Apparently Metronews has a joint venture with something called Red Voice Radio which is TCU’s radio network called “Bowlday Radio Network” and does like a third of the bowl games. They do Bahamas, Frisco, Cure, Las Vegas, Gasparilla, First Responder, Birmingham, Idaho, and Armed Forces. Found a list on line and all the names I recognize are the various gofers and flunkies on Crap-ridi’s idiot WVU call in show or Hoppy’s politics show (which isn’t that bad, leaving out the anti-Marshall bias).

Anyway, the Bowlday Radio Network will be channel 207 on Sirius XM, and channel 968 on Sirius XM streaming. It is “Bowlday Radio” on TuneIn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT