ADVERTISEMENT

So Walden...

GK4Herd

Aug 5, 2001
...I'm at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville watching a concert. I stopped here to spend a few nights coning back from Birmingham. I just watched Phil Vassar. He was really good. Charlie Daniels is the headliner and will close the concert. But I just glanced at the program and guess who is playing right before Daniels?

Yep...Ty Herndon. Fresh out of the closet. Thought you'd get a kick out of that.

Just think, if everybody was like me there would be no concerts or no live music ever. Everyone would just sit at home by themselves listening to the CD. Of course in my ideal world I'd have a little southern woman sitting here bringing me Fig Newtons, but other than that it would be all about the CD.

Actually, my favorite is listening in a car. Wish they still made comfortable ones. These seats are hard in this Impala. I miss my couch seats. I used to sit on them and stare into the distance. At barges when I lived in Lesage and sat on the riverbank at Glenwood. A blinking radio tower light when I used to go up to Grand Lake St. Marys before the gays bothered me.

There you go, finally made it to some outrage over gayness there at the end. The thing about it is, I remember Ty Herndon singing decent songs back in the mid to late '90s. About a man and a woman, you know. Must have been a hell of an actor.

This post was edited on 11/24 10:02 PM by Walden Pond

I have visited the Ryman, but have never seen a show there. I love the way its set up, I don't think there's a bad seat in the house. The history of that place is amazing. If only those walls could talk...

Originally posted by MichiganHerd:
Originally posted by sistersville:
Saw Ricky Skaggs there with the Whites. A great great night.
Just in case Rifle views your post as racist, I want to point out that the Whites are a musical group.
laugh.r191677.gif

Unless you're talking about Jesco.

Originally posted by MichiganHerd:

Originally posted by sistersville:
Saw Ricky Skaggs there with the Whites. A great great night.
Just in case Rifle views your post as racist, I want to point out that the Whites are a musical group.
roll.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT