ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game

MU PIKE

Silver Buffalo
Mar 14, 2007
I figured their would be some comments on Cole and the Texas transfer With a pick of Pennington. Kentucky transfer seemed to have a good game catching the ball.

Last edited:
Saw our transfers made an impact on spring game. Israhal Ibraheem intercepterd CP inside the 15 yard line. Kentucky transfer, Harris, made a long ~70 yard completetion for a TD I think. I saw some great plays by SOTO from UTEP. I also noticed we have alot of young tall reddshirt freshman WR's. I hope Dobson can shape them into men. By the looks, they could use some training room time. Why didn't Fancher play tho? His talent isn't so great it warrents him a pass on reps. JMO.

Both sides of the line didn't look so hot.

I thought it was a great spring game. Was entertaining and great to see the young Herd. I suspect we will be better than last year. I left the spring game amped.

I thought it was a great spring game. Was entertaining and great to see the young Herd. I suspect we will be better than last year. I left the spring game amped.
They call this "Spring Game Syndrome" ... Every fan in America thinks their team is going to win 10 games after watching their own reserves battle it out in April.

Same thing happens when the NFL releases the regular season schedule... Every message board has their team going 11-6 or better. lol

It will all come down to QB play, OC play calling (putting Fancher in a position where he doesn't have to be Tom Brady), and how much our defense can sustain last years success. jmho.

They call this "Spring Game Syndrome" ... Every fan in America thinks their team is going to win 10 games after watching their own reserves battle it out in April.
Don't forget the "Spring Game Hero". That player low on the depth chart that "balls out" and everyone swears he's going to break out and then does almost nothing during the season.

The underlying issue is that everyone thinks their roster is loaded from top to bottom. This internal lie is also why so many end up pissed off with the results of their season.

I still believe we are going to finish somewhere between 4-8 and 9-4. Way too many question marks for us to be overly confident.

Reactions: RhinoD
Speaking of the portal, did everyone see 17 players went into the portal after the Colorado spring game? Including some of their better players. Coach Prime all talk and no do?

Speaking of the portal, did everyone see 17 players went into the portal after the Colorado spring game? Including some of their better players. Coach Prime all talk and no do?
No. He said last week he intended to flip the roster again. Colorado has sucked for quite a while. Their talent level just isn't there and Deion is trying to work the roster.

I'm not saying he's going to be successful, but he's trying to change the culture and some players aren't taking to it.

I blacked out the game since thats our philosophy this spring. I guess I will support them when I am allowed to again.

No. He said last week he intended to flip the roster again. Colorado has sucked for quite a while. Their talent level just isn't there and Deion is trying to work the roster.

I'm not saying he's going to be successful, but he's trying to change the culture and some players aren't taking to it.
I can see that but found it odd that their number 1 WR and RB bolted.

You've gotta break a lot of eggs to make an omelette.

Last edited:
I can see that but found it odd that their number 1 WR and RB bolted.
There's a chance someone bought them away too. One of my coworkers said that Colorado has 40 some players in the portal. If true that's insane, but also just the nature of today's college football.

I'll be honest I figured we'd have several hit the portal once the pecking order for the 2-deep started to sift out during spring.

Coach Prime in his own words.

I am guessing this will blow up is his face. Building an entire team of "misfit toys" gives him too many holes to fill. Unlike basketball who only needs 2-3 players to change your roster, football needs 10-15 players to impact your team. Colorado is not Alabama or Ohio State unless he has access to an unlimited NIL $ to buy all of the players needed to win.

He's already made the University more than $25 million in revenue with the spring game sellout, sellout of season tickets and merchandise. He's already a success. Check out his son's YouTube channel, Well Off Media and you will get a first hand look.

Reactions: FreddyReef
He's already made the University more than $25 million in revenue with the spring game sellout, sellout of season tickets and merchandise. He's already a success. Check out his son's YouTube channel, Well Off Media and you will get a first hand look.
We will see if he is successful. I am not sure he is a great coach, even though he can recruit.

We will see if he is successful. I am not sure he is a great coach, even though he can recruit.
For Colorado it's still a win no matter what. The amount of attention and money they're getting and will get over the next couple seasons will be the most they have ever received. Winning games and possibly a championship is just a bonus in their case.

They could have went the traditional route and continued to lose. Except they'd be losing in obscurity and with a lot less money.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
For Colorado it's still a win no matter what. The amount of attention and money they're getting and will get over the next couple seasons will be the most they have ever received. Winning games and possibly a championship is just a bonus in their case.

They could have went the traditional route and continued to lose. Except they'd be losing in obscurity and with a lot less money.
He has brought some attention & more season ticket sales. If he doesn't win games, his novelty will go away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT