ADVERTISEMENT

The Coonery of Uncle Ben Carson

Riiiiiight because everything you read is Correct.

The Surgeon General once said Cigarettes was healthy for you and posed no Health risks

Sad, but true on The Fev. But, he knows the scoop on lots of potential recruits...we'll keep him.

Sad thing I'm not a racist or a bigot. I'm just proud to be Black and not conform to everything.

If being proud to be Black makes me a racist. Everyone is racist.

Sad thing I'm not a racist or a bigot. I'm just proud to be Black and not conform to everything.

Yet you think Ben Carson, who does the same thing, is an Uncle Tom.

Hay, raleigh...careful what you say about the FBI...you're now being investigated...and now I am too.
BULLSHAT !!!

I think calling any black person an Uncle Tom/Ben is racist, as is calling a black person a Nigga... But that's what blacks now call one another. Seems like "blacks matter" to most people, except to other blacks ...GO FIGURE

Anyone that places a greater emphasis, favoritism, preference over another, solely based on skin color is a racist and a bigot. Congratulations to you for that accomplishment. No...not everyone is a racist.

Being proud over the color of your skin is asinine.

Anyone that places a greater emphasis, favoritism, preference over another, solely based on skin color is a racist and a bigot. Congratulations to you for that accomplishment. No...not everyone is a racist.

Being proud over the color of your skin is asinine.

I guess I shouldnt be proud of who I am

I'm not proud of the fact that the color of my skin is a combination of a set of genes passed down to me by my mother and father. I can't see that as an accomplishment on my part.

Ben Carson is not proud to be black. That is why he has no support in the Black Community.
Once again why does that matter?? Just because he doesnt "conform" to your set of values and expectations of a black man what right does that give you to call him an uncle tom and completely discount what he says? Obviously the current batch of politicians the black community supports has done a great job enhancing the lives of blacks. Keep doing what youre doing maybe one day it will pay off.

Ben Carson is the product of what a person can achieve in America when you take advantage of the opportunities afforded you. He is exactly the role model that millions of Americans (both black and white) should look up to instead of some jock that can do something with a ball or some mindless rap thug that rhymes a few words into a meaningless song

Reactions: raleighherdfan
I think Ben Carson will get a lot of support from the more educated blacks across America...Not so much in major ghetto communities because he understands how Big Government welfare programs are just enabling the continued failure of way too many blacks.

He is definitely of the "teach a man to fish" philosophy. Intelligent people see the advantages of that line of thinking.

"Ben Carson is the product of what a person can achieve in America when you take advantage of the opportunities afforded you."

You mean, like, food stamps?

Reactions: Herd Fever
"Ben Carson is the product of what a person can achieve in America when you take advantage of the opportunities afforded you."

You mean, like, food stamps?

Sure. I don't think most people mind helping people so they can get out of their situation. Carson made the most of it. Apparently, a segment of our society doesn't like a person bettering themselves.

Sure. I don't think most people mind helping people so they can get out of their situation. Carson made the most of it. Apparently, a segment of our society doesn't like a person bettering themselves.

How do you know in advance which ones are going to better themselves?

Get with it Extra...... ben's achievement was becoming a brain surgeon...NOT living his life on food stamps...KEEP UP

How do you know in advance which ones are going to better themselves?

I am not sure I am following your question...

I stated Carson made the most of his situation and was able and had the drive to better himself. Regardless of politics, I would think Carson would be a good example for folks in a similar situation.

Agree, herdman...that segment wants that welfare to be their lifestyle, not a short-term fix until they get back on their feet. That' why welfare should be for a reasonable time frame...not for the rest of your life and then passed down to future generations.

Get with it Extra...... ben's achievement was becoming a brain surgeon...NOT living his life on food stamps...KEEP UP

How do you know in advance which ones are going to better themselves? Would you have cut off help when he was violent and angry? When he was at the bottom of his class in his early education?

I am not sure I am following your question...

I stated Carson made the most of his situation and was able and had the drive to better himself. Regardless of politics, I would think Carson would be a good example for folks in a similar situation.

Your party loves to cut food stamps. Carson's mother worked 2-3 jobs. What would have happened to Carson if that had happened? Thus, "How do you know in advance which ones are going to better themselves?"

Violent and angry...be more specific
At the bottom of his class...be more specific

And are you talking adults or kids ?

Agree, herdman...that segment wants that welfare to be their lifestyle, not a short-term fix until they get back on their feet. That' why welfare should be for a reasonable time frame...not for the rest of your life and then passed down to future generations.

That apply to Ben Carson's mother also?

You guys can't help yourselves can you? Twice as much corporate welfare as social welfare. What should a corporation's reasonable time frame be?

Reactions: Herd Fever
There could be cases where people might work 2-3 jobs and still qualify for stamps

There can never be an advanc guarantee as to which ones are going to better themselves

Not limiting this discussion to Beb Carson...he should be your role model

Try better to focus on a sensible discussion...stay focused...this has nothing to do with corporate welfare...KEEP UP

There could be cases where people might work 2-3 jobs and still qualify for stamps

There can never be an advanc guarantee as to which ones are going to better themselves

That's correct. You can't determine which ones will make it. What do you suppose would have happened to Ben Carson if the GOP had gotten their way and refused food stamps to Ben Carsons mother?

Not limiting this discussion to Beb Carson...he should be your role model

Try better to focus on a sensible discussion...stay focused...this has nothing to do with corporate welfare...KEEP UP

I will bring things into the discussion as I please. Just like you and everyone else. Be advised.

Must stay on topic for the discussion to be meaningful. Don't bring in the wild & irrelevant scenarios.
Discussion goes off on some irrelevant tangent. The Ben Carson Food stamp issue is irrelevant

Must stay on topic for the discussion to be meaningful. Don't bring in the wild & irrelevant scenarios.
Discussion goes off on some irrelevant tangent. The Ben Carson Food stamp issue is irrelevant

No, it is not irrelevant. It has been stated that he is a role model. He was raised with the help of food stamps and perhaps other social safety nets. Your party wants to reduce or eliminate such things. I ask again: where would Ben Carson have been now without that safety net?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT