ADVERTISEMENT

The reality of gun control

285228152_10158408110056150_6685525986099218589_n.jpg

I try to represent the group I'm with well. When I'm at a MU game I try to represent MU well. If I am debating gun rights or teaching someone to safely use a firearm, I try to be responsible and represent gun-owners well.

I've seen grown men wearing MU shirts get in opposing fans face and yell "'we' kicked your a$$". That guy is an a$$ and doesn't represent MU well nor is he indicative of the MU mindset.

Likewise the guy open carrying an AR-15 doesn't represent most gun owners well nor is he indicative of those gun owners' mindset.

I wish both types would act more mature and responsible.

As a follow-up to this I'd like to add this verse of the day.

34902.jpg

The plan presented by some Democrats in the House would outlaw millions of firearms and magazines already owned by millions and millions of Americans.

How do they propose logistically and legally this takes place? You going to make felons of 50 million people or more? THere are currently at least 20 million AR15 rifles out there, maybe more. There are likely double to triple that number of handguns that would be illegal because of magazine capacity. Then, the extra magazines that people own would be illegal on top of that.

How do you do that? It is illogical. Democrats can't control their own cities where most of this illegal gun crime is taking place.

Last edited:
The plan presented by some Democrats in the House would outlaw millions of firearms and magazines already owned by millions and million of Americans.

How do they propose logistically and legally this takes place? You going to make felosn of 50 million people or more? THere are currently at least 20 million AR15 rifles out there, maybe more. There are likely double to triple that number of handguns that would be illegal because of magazine capacity. Then, the extra magazines that people own would be illegal on top of that.

How do you do that? It is illogical. Democrats can't control their own cities where most of this illegal gun crime is taking place.
Once the Dems get their way on this:

xi-xi-jin-ping.gif

Reactions: mlblack16.
Wait the people that forced people to wear masks and take shots and closed down our jobs and businesses want us to get rid of our guns?

Yehhhh noooo

Now, I understand why some here have been upset about our aid to Ukraine. Hell, they don't NEED stingers, javelins, artillery, switch drones, air defense systems and aircraft to fight the Russian army! All one really NEEDS is a semi automatic assault rifle with a 30-round clip to fight a modern army.

Reactions: extragreen
All one really NEEDS is a semi automatic assault rifle with a 30-round clip to fight a modern army.

You mean the ones Biden left in Afghanistan?

Man you finally swerved into something correct for a change...🙂👍

Now, I understand why some here have been upset about our aid to Ukraine. Hell, they don't NEED stingers, javelins, artillery, switch drones, air defense systems and aircraft to fight the Russian army! All one really NEEDS is a semi automatic assault rifle with a 30-round clip to fight a modern army.

Do you rhink they would not want their rfiles?

Attempting to figure out who's post is less relevant to our discussion of gun ownership in America - yours or KY Jelly. Since you posted twice about Afghanistan, I'm guessing yours is twice as irrelevant? DEFLECTION!!

Attempting to figure out who's post is less relevant to our discussion of gun ownership in America - yours or KY Jelly. Since you posted twice about Afghanistan, I'm guessing yours is twice as irrelevant? DEFLECTION!!

I was was giving your president the benefit of the doubt by just referencing the small arms. You just doubled down on his incompetency by showing ALL the military assets he allowed to fall into our enemies hands...

So, in your worldview it's ok to arm our enemies but we should disarm the US populace?

And then when a liberal can't come up with something intelligent to say the name calling starts...🥱😂

Perhaps we should share this with Remington. Didn't they just pay Sandy Hook victims $73 million for their marketing?

you all were talking about Afghanistan, i was just showing what was left

I was was giving your president the benefit of the doubt by just referencing the small arms. You just doubled down on his incompetency by showing ALL the military assets he allowed to fall into our enemies hands...
There's plenty of Afghanistan threads. Throw this trash into one of those.
So, in your worldview it's ok to arm our enemies but we should disarm the US populace?
SOS... any discussion concerning any new reg, law or impacting a class of weapon/ammunition = disarming.

I mentioned using rifles to overthrow the govt was a reach in light of the weapon systems the govt has at its disposal.
so why give them up then or why take them? If you think so.

You also have an illogical fallacy,

One you assume the entire govt would be on one side . You assume the entire military would be on one side. You also assume that the polticians could be protected. They have to live, eat, sleep, and shit somewhere and if there are angry people then well, guess what?

If the US military was ordered to go take guns now, how many would say go **** off. Do you think many of them are going to go take guns from their own people? Do you think local cops would? First of all it would be an unlawful order to do so. Second the govt doesn't have enough people to even remotely consider doing it.

Don't know why lefties eve go down this road and they always say the military. Hint, the military is not all going to go do that. They would tell the leaders to go **** off first. Then, you would start a civil war.

so why give them up?
There are 21 reasons in Uvalde, 28 at Sandy Hook, 61 at Vegas, etc, etc, etc. Below is a list from 2012-2019...doesn't include assault rifle mass shootings in '20, '21 and '22.
  • The 2019 Jersey City, New Jersey shooting
  • The Midland-Odessa interstate shooting in Texas in 2019
  • The 2019 Dayton shooting in Ohio
  • The Tree of Life synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh in 2018
  • The Waffle House shooting in Nashville in 2018
  • The 2018 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
  • The 2018 Melcroft, Pennsylvania, shooting
  • The shootings at Rancho Tehama Reserve in California in 2017
  • The Sutherland Springs, Texas, church shooting in 2017
  • The 2017 Las Vegas shooting
  • The 2017 Plano, Texas, shooting
  • The 2017 Lincoln County, Mississippi, shootings
  • The Orlando nightclub shooting in 2016
  • The 2015 San Bernardino, California, attack
  • The 2015 Colorado Springs, Colorado, shooting
  • The 2013 Santa Monica, California, shooting
  • The 2013 homicides in South Valley, New Mexico
  • The 2012 Webster, New York, shooting
  • The Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, in 2012
You also have an illogical fallacy,

One you assume the entire govt would be on one side . You assume the entire military would be on one side.
I guess you mean advanced weapons would be available. Not sure what this has do with owning assault weapons.
If the US military was ordered to go take guns now, how many would say go **** off. Do you think many of them are going to go take guns from their own people? Do you think local cops would? First of all it would be an unlawful order to do so. Second the govt doesn't have enough people to even remotely consider doing it.
I never advocated taking guns away. I would make them illegal....and stop the sale, but I agree; going after them would be a debacle. Would offer a voluntary buy back.
Don't know why lefties eve go down this road and they always say the military. Hint, the military is not all going to go do that. They would tell the leaders to go **** off first. Then, you would start a civil war.
My guess is any armed govt overthrow is going to lead to conflict.

There are 21 reasons in Uvalde, 28 at Sandy Hook, 61 at Vegas, etc, etc, etc. Below is a list from 2012-2019...doesn't include assault rifle mass shootings in '20, '21 and '22.
  • The 2019 Jersey City, New Jersey shooting
  • The Midland-Odessa interstate shooting in Texas in 2019
  • The 2019 Dayton shooting in Ohio
  • The Tree of Life synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh in 2018
  • The Waffle House shooting in Nashville in 2018
  • The 2018 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
  • The 2018 Melcroft, Pennsylvania, shooting
  • The shootings at Rancho Tehama Reserve in California in 2017
  • The Sutherland Springs, Texas, church shooting in 2017
  • The 2017 Las Vegas shooting
  • The 2017 Plano, Texas, shooting
  • The 2017 Lincoln County, Mississippi, shootings
  • The Orlando nightclub shooting in 2016
  • The 2015 San Bernardino, California, attack
  • The 2015 Colorado Springs, Colorado, shooting
  • The 2013 Santa Monica, California, shooting
  • The 2013 homicides in South Valley, New Mexico
  • The 2012 Webster, New York, shooting
  • The Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, in 2012

You forgot one...

WorstSchoolShoot_jpeg-2407570.JPG

Reactions: WVUSerg
We spent 20 failed years with tanks and jets in Afghanistan trying to tame dudes in dresses and AK-47's.

It would take generations to dislodge people from the mountains.

Reactions: KyMUfan
There's plenty of Afghanistan threads. Throw this trash into one of those.

Inconvenient truth that you can't handle???

You are talking about our government banning semi-automatic AR-15s while it arms other nations and even terrorist groups with automatic M-16s. Yeah, I think it's relevant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT