ADVERTISEMENT

This from Charlotte Obsrvr.......

Kinda presumptuous say they should have beaten Eastern Michigan and Georgia State, and not mentioning the fact that North Carolina A&T was an FCS team was an interesting omission.

I guess if you're trying to sell this stuff to Panther fans, you have to get a little loose with reality.

Reactions: Herd Fever
still a terrible decision to bring them up.

Their HS stadium will have 70-30 Marshall fans. Our 7th home game

still a terrible decision to bring them up.

Their HS stadium will have 70-30 Marshall fans. Our 7th home game
Their stadium is 10x nicer than the Joan. Sure it doesn’t seat 40k but aesthetically it’s night and day. And he’ll we can’t even fill up our “college” stadium

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
The fact that the Joan is 30+ years older than Charlotte's stadium might have something to do with the difference in their quality/modernity.

After five seasons (three in FBS), with the bump programs get from transitioning now expended, they sit at 0-5 with a loss to NC A&T, and a 16-34 all-time record (.320). Maybe you can't just be born bigger than schools that have been playing for 100+ years after all.

The fact that the Joan is 30+ years older than Charlotte's stadium might have something to do with the difference in their quality/modernity.

After five seasons (three in FBS), with the bump programs get from transitioning now expended, they sit at 0-5 with a loss to NC A&T, and a 16-34 all-time record (.320). Maybe you can't just be born bigger than schools that have been playing for 100+ years after all.
I personally think the Joan is anything but an eyesore in it's apperance. Much better place than some others I could name

The only downside to the Joan is the exterior. Inside, it's not too shabby.
Yeah if you just ignore the grime on the concrete bathrooms that havent been updated since the joan opened.

Please dont take my criticisms to mean I dont love the joan, I do, but its showing its age

Reactions: putnam green
I don't have a lot of inside info, but I have a vested interest in disposing of my own waste, so I investigated this with my secret contacts, deep inside the AD. Turns out, they planned to rennovate the bathrooms in the Joan this summer, but then structural issues in the endzone manifested that required immediate attention and took that budget.

Still, we could see those renovations happen as early as this offseason. We'll probably still have to stand in a row with our d--ks out, but the gaping maw we expel ourselves into is gonna be way more plush.

Will be there with my Herd-on! I look for this to get out of control for the niners, much like Chase's 1st time down there in '15. We will see.........

Their stadium is 10x nicer than the Joan. Sure it doesn’t seat 40k but aesthetically it’s night and day. And he’ll we can’t even fill up our “college” stadium

We could if it were only 15K seats in a metro area of 2 Mil.

The only downside to the Joan is the exterior. Inside, it's not too shabby.

If only the Joan had half as much concourse space as the 49ers new digs. Oh well, I guess when you seat only about 15,000, you have plenty of extra space.

From my visit there 2 years ago, UNCC's variety of concession offerings put the Joan to shame, however.

Reactions: putnam green
I don't have a lot of inside info, but I have a vested interest in disposing of my own waste, so I investigated this with my secret contacts, deep inside the AD. Turns out, they planned to rennovate the bathrooms in the Joan this summer, but then structural issues in the endzone manifested that required immediate attention and took that budget.

Still, we could see those renovations happen as early as this offseason. We'll probably still have to stand in a row with our d--ks out, but the gaping maw we expel ourselves into is gonna be way more plush.

licious, does this possibly mean more porta potties in our immediate future at least in the short run??

If only the Joan had half as much concourse space as the 49ers new digs. Oh well, I guess when you seat only about 15,000, you have plenty of extra space.

From my visit there 2 years ago, UNCC's variety of concession offerings put the Joan to shame, however.

Bet they aren't held hostage by Sodexo. Smart people.

Reactions: WV_Celt

I believe Jerry Richardson ( Panthers owner) has also like Wofford dropped a bunch of money on the Charlotte program.

licious, does this possibly mean more porta potties in our immediate future at least in the short run??
My understanding is the renovations would happen in the offseason, but some of the bidet installations may bleed over into the 2018 season.

That last part was a lie.

I get it, its modern stadium. But that isnt the reason why they should be in this conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT