ADVERTISEMENT

Trump loses, mask mandates suddenly work

Raoul Duke MU

Doctor of Journalism
Must be wizardry. Or maybe she is drinking again.

For months, Gov. Kim Reynolds of Iowa saw little need to intervene in the choices of Iowans, who she insisted could make their own decisions about whether to wear a mask to protect against a dangerous pandemic.

“No, I’m not going to mandate masks,” she said this summer, dismissing the order as an unenforceable “feel-good” measure. “I believe in Iowans,” she said again in September. Weeks later, as coronavirus cases climbed precipitously, she stood barefaced onstage at a rally for President Trump and threw “Make America Great Again” hats into a crowd.

But as the virus ravaged her state and hospitals filled to the brink, Ms. Reynolds abruptly reversed herself this week and began requiring masks indoors. She joined a wave of Republican governors who are newly and at times reluctantly wielding the power of their offices as the coronavirus erupts to crisis levels across the United States. On Wednesday, the country passed 250,000 virus-related deaths, with no end in sight.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/...action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Reactions: extragreen
The mask worn by most is basically a feel good measure with limited success. Most people do not have the right kind of mask and some do not properly wear it. It also does not do a thing if the virus enters your eyes, which it does.

The virus is going nowhere soon, even with the vaccines. First of all, they don't know how long the vaccines last. Might be months, might be years, might be days. They just don't know. Second, 35% of Americans say they won't take it. That's about 120 million people, give or take. There are also billions of people in the world. Given production rates and logistics, it will take years to administer vaccines and millions upon millions will still never take it. What if the virus mutates? What if the vaccine is good for 12 months?

this is going to nowhere soon. If the masked worked, we would not be in the shape we are in. You could take stitches at tie them to everyone face permanently. . The virus will still spread.

The mask worn by most is basically a feel good measure with limited success. Most people do not have the right kind of mask and some do not properly wear it. It also does not do a thing if the virus enters your eyes, which it does.

The virus is going nowhere soon, even with the vaccines. First of all, they don't know how long the vaccines last. Might be months, might be years, might be days. They just don't know. Second, 35% of Americans say they won't take it. That's about 120 million people, give or take. There are also billions of people in the world. Given production rates and logistics, it will take years to administer vaccines and millions upon millions will still never take it. What if the virus mutates? What if the vaccine is good for 12 months?

this is going to nowhere soon. If the masked worked, we would not be in the shape we are in. You could take stitches at tie them to everyone face permanently. . The virus will still spread.

You're an idiot.

People like greed would just shut the country down and watch people go broke.

And I said this from the beginning, right here....because it didn't occur to me the idea was to keep your snot rockets and coughs from blasting across the room. It makes sense now, once I realized this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT