ADVERTISEMENT

Trump tells Curry

Why doesn't the black community address the real problem in their community? Why are blacks overwhelmingly more violent and likely to commit crime than any other race? Asking these questions immediately gets you labeled a racist, bigot, homophobe, and the discussion is immediately shut down. Until a real discussion can be had, and we can actually discuss the issues at hand without fear of being labeled by the left, nothing will change.

Why don't men address their own problem. We commit the majority of violent and property crime. So lets all get together and stop this in our community. Walk the walk.

The money keeps rolling in, so it doesn't matter. And the people who buy PSLs, season tickets, jerseys, etc aren't boycotting shit

I think you are missing the growing declining trends. IMO, the NFL and it's franchises have a real issue that they seem to be intentionally hoping just goes away. It's not. They seem to underestimate the thoughts and beliefs of most of their fans. Looking at yesterdays ratings I'll stand by what I told Marine......"Unity" doesn't always bring the intended benefits

lemmings-off-a-cliff.gif

Reactions: 19MU88
I think you are missing the growing declining trends. IMO, the NFL and it's franchises have a real issue that they seem to be intentionally hoping just goes away. It's not. They seem to underestimate the thoughts and beliefs of most of their fans. Looking at yesterdays ratings I'll stand by what I told Marine......"Unity" doesn't always bring the intended benefits

lemmings-off-a-cliff.gif
Throw in declining youth participation, falling attendance at college games, lower tv ratings, and now the NFL opening a pile of worms. Football has a problem.

Throw in declining youth participation, falling attendance at college games, lower tv ratings, and now the NFL opening a pile of worms. Football has a problem.
There's no doubt that football has a problem. But owner's "growing a pair" and telling their players to stand for the anthem or they're fired doesn't fix any of the real issues you mentioned.

There's no doubt that football has a problem. But owner's "growing a pair" and telling their players to stand for the anthem or they're fired doesn't fix any of the real issues you mentioned.
True. But at some point as an owner, leader, parent, boss etc. you have to tell your employees to take that shit somewhere else. Go protest. Go run for office. Go work in your community. Campaign against trump. Speak out. Whatever.

But, damn it you are here to play a football game and you are going to stand there when the flag and national anthem are being honored. Keep that stuff for some other place. This isn't the right time nor place. A few minutes to honor the country is not too much to ask for. If you don't like the country, flag, anthem, or whatever stand there and be quiet.

I don't understand why you're whining.

You got your man in the oval office.
You got your wall paid for by Mexico.
You got your tax cuts.
You got your repeal of obamacare.
You got ISIS defeated in 30 days.
You got those 3-5 million illegal voters taken care of.
Well.....uh....you did get your man in the oval office.

True. But at some point as an owner, leader, parent, boss etc. you have to tell your employees to take that shit somewhere else. Go protest. Go run for office. Go work in your community. Campaign against trump. Speak out. Whatever.

But, damn it you are here to play a football game and you are going to stand there when the flag and national anthem are being honored. Keep that stuff for some other place. This isn't the right time nor place.
Like I said, they don't care about the national anthem, buddy. They care about money. The billionaires aren't going to punish the millionaires who make them billions over the anthem.

And here's what an owner of a sports team thinks about the anthem during a sporting event.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Like I said, they don't care about the national anthem, buddy. They care about money. The billionaires aren't going to punish the millionaires who make them billions over the anthem.

And here's what an owner of a sports team thinks about the anthem during a sporting event.
I'm not sure what Cuban is saying here. I was at a Red's game on Saturday and due to some pregame events they did the anthem when I was still in the kids zone with the kids. When the anthem started, everyone got quiet and started saluting. Everyone did.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Something similar to donation $700,000 to charities? Something like that?
yeah, exactly. i'm certain every single one, hell, even the majority, has given to the cause they were protesting.

yep, the NFL Players Against Trump sure did rake in a lot of donations this month. now, what was their cause?

I don't agree with it, but you can't argue that it hasn't been an effective way to bring it to the forefront of conversation haha. It's making people who wouldn't normally give a shit uncomfortable.
i gotta disagree. it's become about respecting the flag and the country, not the original intent.

after reading Eric Ried's piece in the NYT, i get it. however, the BLM movement isn't on the minds of a vast majority of the people that are offended the players are kneeling. it's all about respecting the flag.

I don't understand why you're whining.

You got your man in the oval office.
You got your wall paid for by Mexico.
You got your tax cuts.
You got your repeal of obamacare.
You got ISIS defeated in 30 days.
You got those 3-5 million illegal voters taken care of.
Well.....uh....you did get your man in the oval office.

Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-Bernie-

What I would like to see is players quit. I'm not going to entertain mostly white audiences while there is all of the oppression and racism, and police brutality etc going on.

I'm quitting the NFL, no more multi million dollar salaries etc. im not going to appear in commercials for companies owned by white people for products that more white people than black people use. I'm going to be a community organizer, a social worker or a school teacher. I am going to run for public office.

Taking a knee while you collect millions doesn't mean squat. You want to make a difference retire. Quit. You think people wouldn't notice if Antonio Brown retired, and Lavian Bell and all of the black superstar players in the NFL hung up their cleats. That's a statement!

Reactions: raleighherdfan
What I would like to see is players quit. I'm not going to entertain mostly white audiences while there is all of the oppression and racism, and police brutality etc going on.

I'm quitting the NFL, no more multi million dollar salaries etc. im not going to appear in commercials for companies owned by white people for products that more white people than black people use. I'm going to be a community organizer, a social worker or a school teacher. I am going to run for public office.

Taking a knee while you collect millions doesn't mean squat. You want to make a difference retire. Quit. You think people wouldn't notice if Antonio Brown retired, and Lavian Bell and all of the black superstar players in the NFL hung up their cleats. That's a statement!
Umm let's think about this a second. Protest in front of the world stage or become a "community organizer". Seems like one is going to get a lot more attention. I don't think I need to answer which one it is.

The protests have done absolutely nothing for the cause they are kneeling for. Nothing. The people that believe like them still see racism and oppression on every corner and still feel black men are being slaughtered by police every day.

The people who don't support their opinion see them as millionaire whiners who should shut up and play. They have no clue why they are kneeling just that they are kneeling. So the people who they are trying to reach have not been moved and have probably had their opinion hardened.

Now as a community organizer level where you are working with the people or running for a local office or social work. You actually get to directly interact with people and maybe change the way they view things. Maybe you can actually show them the racism that exists. The police brutality etc.

But most importantly you can quit putting money in your oppressors pocket, because make no mistake about it. These players work for the man. There is no more example of the man than these out of touch white male billionaires who see one color and that's green. If all of their black players quit you're damn right they would take notice. Way more than kneeling or raising a black power fist.

So make your stand, make a real sacrifice give up your millions and get in the real world and make a difference. But something tells me the chance that it's going to happen is zero.

The protests have done absolutely nothing for the cause they are kneeling for. Nothing. The people that believe like them still see racism and oppression on every corner and still feel black men are being slaughtered by police every day.

The people who don't support their opinion see them as millionaire whiners who should shut up and play. They have no clue why they are kneeling just that they are kneeling. So the people who they are trying to reach have not been moved and have probably had their opinion hardened.

Now as a community organizer level where you are working with the people or running for a local office or social work. You actually get to directly interact with people and maybe change the way they view things. Maybe you can actually show them the racism that exists. The police brutality etc.

But most importantly you can quit putting money in your oppressors pocket, because make no mistake about it. These players work for the man. There is no more example of the man than these out of touch white male billionaires who see one color and that's green. If all of their black players quit you're damn right they would take notice. Way more than kneeling or raising a black power fist.

So make your stand, make a real sacrifice give up your millions and get in the real world and make a difference. But something tells me the chance that it's going to happen is zero.
Don't completely disagree with you, cali. That statement would definitely start a movement.

But what does it say that for their cause to start being heard, the top (whatever top minuscule % pro athletes are) men of their craft, who have worked their whole life to get where they're at, need to give up everything they've worked for to make something happen. C'mom, man. That's kinda the point of the whole thing.

Last edited:
C'mon man. What you're saying is forfeit our finances and our visibility, and become poor and invisible. That's the trick.

Are you gay? Sistersville wanted me to ask you.

Why? Are you and Sister looking for a third?

Sorry, straight and happily married.

You guys we'll have to be happy with each other for the time being. Best of luck though.

You guys might try some of the White Supremacy websites. Some of those tiki torch carriers looked like your type.

interdasting (stolen from another forum):

Unarmed people killed by police officers in 2017

White - 13
Black - 10
Hispanic - 8
Other - 1

Median Income per race (2016)
Asian - $81,431
White - $65,041
Hispanic - $47,675
Black - $39,490

It's quite obvious the entire country is racist towards blacks. They are oppressed. Even illegal immigrants have it easier.

Don't completely disagree with you, cali. That statement would definitely start a movement.

But what does it say that for their cause to start being heard, the top (whatever top minuscule % pro athletes are) men of their craft, who have worked their whole life to get where they're at, need to give up everything they've worked for to make something happen. C'mom, man.

Nope what I'm saying is their wealth and fame has done nothing to further their cause. Having a national pulpit to make their views known has not furthered their cause. The number of people that agree with their grievances vs the ones that don't are virtually the same before the kneeling started to now.

If they gave up their positions as football players they should still have plenty of money unless they spend every dime they make, so it's not like I'm telling them to be poor. I'm saying if you truly believe everything that you say then you need to make a statement that shows how important this is. It would also hit the owners in the wallet, which in turn would get them behind the cause. Do you really think an NFL with no star players in it would survive and thrive. Of course not. All the players are doing now is making themselves feel good. It's the equivalent of putting a flag on your Facebook profile and saying I stand. It is nothing more than symbolic to make themselves feel better.

Retiring and going into public service would actually mean something. It would actually be a sacrifice and would get people to say wow if it's this important that this guy is giving up a lucrative career to fight against it, maybe I shouldn't be so closed minded and investigate what he's talking about.

I'm not an NFL fan and never really have been -- I've always preferred college football. But some of my friends are NFL fans, and between talking to them and reading reactions on the internet, I'd say the NFL dun fvcked up.
The best thing the NFL has going for it is watching Moss & Woodson in the pregame discuss technique & joke with each other. The rest of it goes completely against why I watch sports to begin with. If I want ridiculous story lines, drama, Donald Trump, & other bullshit with my football I would have supported the XFL.

They should remix the National Anthem with Jump Around. Good luck with your kneeling protests then.

Last edited:
Nope what I'm saying is their wealth and fame has done nothing to further their cause. Having a national pulpit to make their views known has not furthered their cause. The number of people that agree with their grievances vs the ones that don't are virtually the same before the kneeling started to now.

If they gave up their positions as football players they should still have plenty of money unless they spend every dime they make, so it's not like I'm telling them to be poor. I'm saying if you truly believe everything that you say then you need to make a statement that shows how important this is. It would also hit the owners in the wallet, which in turn would get them behind the cause. Do you really think an NFL with no star players in it would survive and thrive. Of course not. All the players are doing now is making themselves feel good. It's the equivalent of putting a flag on your Facebook profile and saying I stand. It is nothing more than symbolic to make themselves feel better.

Retiring and going into public service would actually mean something. It would actually be a sacrifice and would get people to say wow if it's this important that this guy is giving up a lucrative career to fight against it, maybe I shouldn't be so closed minded and investigate what he's talking about.
Like I said, I don't completely disagree with your point. But the fact that such dramatic measures should be taken for them to be heard, shows how we've gotten where we're at. At first, we had all the BS violent protest in the streets and everyone was hoping for peaceful protest. Now, there's peaceful protest (right or wrong) and people aren't happy about that.

Right or wrong, they've gotten what they wanted. And this whole thing would have fizzled out (Kaepernick is gone) or stayed somewhat in the background, if the 13 year old girl in the White House would focus on things he can actually control.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
Like I said, I don't completely disagree with your point. But the fact that such dramatic measures should be taken for them to be heard, shows how we've gotten where we're at. At first, we had all the BS violent protest in the streets and everyone was hoping for peaceful protest. Now, there's peaceful protest (right or wrong) and people aren't happy about that.

Right or wrong, they've gotten what they wanted. And this whole thing would have fizzled out (Kaepernick is gone) or stayed somewhat in the background, if the 13 year old girl in the White House would focus on things he can actually control.

I completely 100% agree. Trump made this all about him and turned it into another one of his side show clown cars.

For the record I don't like the players choose to protest the national anthem but I do agree with many of their points. Just not sure where the middle ground is.

I completely 100% agree. Trump made this all about him and turned it into another one of his side show clown cars.

For the record I don't like the players choose to protest the national anthem but I do agree with many of their points. Just not sure where the middle ground is.
Absolutely.

Couldn't disagree with you more. Wasn't the number one selling jersey last season kapernick? Would you have said the same thing in the southern 60s. It's just like fashion and sponsorships. You find a couple successful people on tv on a regular basis and they become very valuable.

Why isn't the left demanding the NFL and NBA "look like us"? Every other organization -- from private employers to little league coaches -- the left demands equal representation. Black men represent about 70% of the NFL and 75% of the NBA, while only representing 6% of the US population. As we all know, there are ZERO inherent differences or advantages from one race to another, or from one gender to another. So why aren't we demanding "fair" representation among all races in these sports leagues? Are you telling me Asians are incapable of reading a blitz or running a zone defense?

By not demanding more equal representation, we are basically impoverishing other races. A job in the NBA or the NFL is a job that could enrich families for generations. Why is society allowing black men this opportunity and almost no one else?

Reactions: Bankerreturns
Veterans Associations are now on board with saying 'to hell with the NFL'.

VFW and American Legion is a hell of a lot of folks.

“I stand for our flag and anthem, and I kneel for our fallen,” VFW national commander Keith Harman said in a statement. “That’s what patriots do. We rally around the flag of our country, not use it and our Constitution as both shield and sword.”

In his statement, Harman, a Vietnam veteran, said that his oath to protect the Constitution means he has a right to disagree with how others choose to protest.

“There is a time and place for civil debate, and wearing team jerseys,” he said, “and using sporting events to disrespect our country doesn’t wash with millions of military veterans who have and continue to wear real uniforms on real battlefields around the globe.”

They aren't taking a ****ing knee and the concourse is not even the same f'ing "room"

Morons just don't get it.

Veterans Associations are now on board with saying 'to hell with the NFL'.

VFW and American Legion is a hell of a lot of folks.

“I stand for our flag and anthem, and I kneel for our fallen,” VFW national commander Keith Harman said in a statement. “That’s what patriots do. We rally around the flag of our country, not use it and our Constitution as both shield and sword.”

In his statement, Harman, a Vietnam veteran, said that his oath to protect the Constitution means he has a right to disagree with how others choose to protest.

“There is a time and place for civil debate, and wearing team jerseys,” he said, “and using sporting events to disrespect our country doesn’t wash with millions of military veterans who have and continue to wear real uniforms on real battlefields around the globe.”
So they won't be showing NFL games anymore in the local VFW and American legion halls. Correct???? Put their money where their mouth is. Bullshit I'll believe it when I see it.

So they won't be showing NFL games anymore in the local VFW and American legion halls. Correct???? Put their money where their mouth is. Bullshit I'll believe it when I see it.
I'm guessing they'll opt to show bowling, skeet shooting, or Bill Dance Outdoors.

Remember last year when Obama was president and conservatives wanted him to keep his mouth shut and stay out of these social issues... How the times have changed...

Badmouthing vfw is not good. Not their fault those guys protest using the flag. Picking on veterans. This country is going to shit without Trump

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT