ADVERTISEMENT

UAB coach to Stanford

Always hate to see the league lose a good coach. It was obvious that Haase wouldn't be there long. He leaves a ton of talent. There are 4 2-year starters coming back next year. Looks like WKU may be hiring Rick Stansbury so in that respect the league is getting another good coach.

Always hate to see the league lose a good coach. It was obvious that Haase wouldn't be there long. He leaves a ton of talent. There are 4 2-year starters coming back next year. Looks like WKU may be hiring Rick Stansbury so in that respect the league is getting another good coach.

Will be interesting to see who UAB will get, and type of candidates they will attract. Wonder if all of Haase's staff will be going with him or if one of them will try for the Blazer job. As for WKU, I believe Stansbury was at Miss. State for a few years. Not sure where he's coming from to WKU. Probably a pretty good get for the Toppers as with his SEC background, Stansbury will probably be able to recruit for WKU from Tenn, Alabama, Miss (and their many jucos), etc.

Just wonder what UAB, WKU, ODU, MTSU, Charlotte are paying these veteran type head coaches and their total budgets for staff and recruiting, etc., versus what we are paying Danny D. and staff, recruiting budget, etc.

ust wonder what UAB, WKU, ODU, MTSU, Charlotte are paying these veteran type head coaches and their total budgets for staff and recruiting, etc., versus what we are paying Danny D. and staff, recruiting budget, etc.

Probably more than Marshall. Poor economic base, fan base that has less to give, lower economic costs to live in WV all make our salaried employees a target for a lower base of pay. If you consider what Hamrick has been able to accomplish in his hiring vs what he has to work with to spend, it's been a remarkable job.

In real dollars, Doc making 700k in WV is like a coach making 1.4 M in Atlanta so it's all relative. At 60 plus and finally getting his due DD is probably a bargain.

And for our bargain I say.....

Thank you Kobe and the LA Lakers front office too! I wonder if it was Jerry West that caught wind of all the Dantoni hire and told the LALakers? Wouldn't surprise me, even though it's taken Dan to start recruiting WV so now the drunk in Morgantown, ( the hoops drunk not the football) has figured out, hey the state has talent worth recruiting, so HS players in WV get scholarships v The drunks normal recruits aka thugs from NYC. Look at the positive change that's come for WV from this hire, except as always once WV sees they are outmatched they quit playing.

As a long time Marshall fan that's been out of the the state longer than the time I lived in WV I always think back to some of my uncles that HATED Marshall, loved west Va. u and spoke so bad of Marshall at times it infuriated me, yet they never went to west Va u, never even had kids that went there, just saw Marshall as the school that could ruin the facade of what west Va u was to them. I guess the running from playing us now really proves their opinion and small minded thinking correct.

From a monetary perspective I often hear, our budget isn't high enough to compete with AAC schools, yet you can buy a very nice home within a short walk to Ritter park for under 100k, in Atlanta to buy that same home to be within walking distance of a nice inner city park would be a minimum of 700k, again it's all relative.

Reactions: cottrell75
Will be interesting to see who UAB will get, and type of candidates they will attract. Wonder if all of Haase's staff will be going with him or if one of them will try for the Blazer job. As for WKU, I believe Stansbury was at Miss. State for a few years. Not sure where he's coming from to WKU. Probably a pretty good get for the Toppers as with his SEC background, Stansbury will probably be able to recruit for WKU from Tenn, Alabama, Miss (and their many jucos), etc.

Just wonder what UAB, WKU, ODU, MTSU, Charlotte are paying these veteran type head coaches and their total budgets for staff and recruiting, etc., versus what we are paying Danny D. and staff, recruiting budget, etc.
Stansbury is presently the associate head coach at Texas A&M.

Haase has gone on record that he would like UAB to hire his top assistant.

Probably more than Marshall. Poor economic base, fan base that has less to give, lower economic costs to live in WV all make our salaried employees a target for a lower base of pay. If you consider what Hamrick has been able to accomplish in his hiring vs what he has to work with to spend, it's been a remarkable job.

In real dollars, Doc making 700k in WV is like a coach making 1.4 M in Atlanta so it's all relative. At 60 plus and finally getting his due DD is probably a bargain.

Thank you Kobe and the LA Lakers front office too! I wonder if it was Jerry West that caught wind of all the Dantoni hire and told the LALakers? Wouldn't surprise me, even though it's taken Dan to start recruiting WV so now the drunk in Morgantown, ( the hoops drunk not the football) has figured out, hey the state has talent worth recruiting, so HS players in WV get scholarships v The drunks normal recruits aka thugs from NYC. Look at the positive change that's come for WV from this hire, except as always once WV sees they are outmatched they quit playing.

As a long time Marshall fan that's been out of the the state longer than the time I lived in WV I always think back to some of my uncles that HATED Marshall, loved west Va. u and spoke so bad of Marshall at times it infuriated me, yet they never went to west Va u, never even had kids that went there, just saw Marshall as the school that could ruin the facade of what west Va u was to them. I guess the running from playing us now really proves their opinion and small minded thinking correct.

From a monetary perspective I often hear, our budget isn't high enough to compete with AAC schools, yet you can buy a very nice home within a short walk to Ritter park for under 100k, in Atlanta to buy that same home to be within walking distance of a nice inner city park would be a minimum of 700k, again it's all relative.

Greenhouse, not trying to disparage, but your uncles sound like a vast majority of WVU "fans". The school does have a massive PR and media advantage over MU and other state schools. They are ubiquitous, on the air, on billboards, etc. Constantly in view, so to speak. Given that state has lowest per cent of college grads of any state in the country, not hard to figure that many in the lower socio-economic strata gravitate to what they see and hear. Doubt many of the run down, welfare types that one sees on the streets of cities and towns, or in the hills and hollers, sporting WVU gear, have ever heard of Marshall or couldn't tell you where it was if their lives depended upon it!!!!

I really hate when people use the term "Thugs" to describe out of state recruits.

I think the only thing "relative" or accurate in your post is the fact that you have or had uncles who lived in West Virginia at one time. SMH

Atlanta Metro is not that expensive to live

Have you tried to buy near Piedmont Park lately? I'm talking ITP not OTP. Even near me in Vinings prices have gone through the roof. Post recession recovery and home inflation due to no homes being built. Now that the Braves are coming it's gotten worse.

If I'm Ga Tech I go up and raid Charlotte and get Mark Price at a bargain basement price, pun intended.
He's a perfect fit to bring that program back from ACC doormat, which by looking at the elite 8 makes them a Top 25 team.

So your talking about 1 area of Atlanta which is one of the most highest prestige areas.

And even still isn't close that much expensive as other places in this country.

It isn't ? Go look at a 2000 square foot home 1 block off of piedmont park. 600 to 700k minimum.

Ritter Park is the most affluent area near the nicest park in Hton, thus my comparison.

First you can't compare Huntington to Atlanta Metro

Plus 600k is still alot better than most places in this country

It isn't ? Go look at a 2000 square foot home 1 block off of piedmont park. 600 to 700k minimum.

Ritter Park is the most affluent area near the nicest park in Hton, thus my comparison.

Can you show me the listing for a nice 2,000 sq ft home one block from Ritter for under $100k?

I'm very interested in buying it and turning a massive profit on it within 60 days. That, or you have no idea what you're talking about.

Can you show me the listing for a nice 2,000 sq ft home one block from Ritter for under $100k?

I'm very interested in buying it and turning a massive profit on it within 60 days. That, or you have no idea what you're talking about.

The GreenhouseEFFect: Seldom right but never in doubt! :eek:

Eerbillys of NJ southern school of couch arson.

We are the ND of G5 which is why you cowards won't play.

There are homes within a block that are fixer uppers that you can buy near Ritter, I've looked.

I do live in a big ole city in the south and do own properties and I do look at zip codes and home sales.

Ritter park is a JEWEL of a park for a small town such at Huntington.

We are the Notre Dame of the G5?? HA even I have to laugh at that.

Disclaimer: Any Marshall fan who claims we are the Notre Dame of the G5 should be open to any ridicule by any Mountaineer fan as they please

@A Cousin From Richmond @jocktalker @30CAT you have my permission to take care of this

Is there another G5 that:

Has a mystique about them?

Has a national story and a movie about them?

Has the winningest home record in D 1 G5 football ?

Evokes other teams to get up to play us ,as in we always get their best game?

Has another in state school that is D1 that refuses to play a home and home?

I guess I'm right again, we are the ND of G5!

Now eerbillys back to zip codes big cities and cost of living?

What do you estimate the taxes on that Piedmont park home just a block off from the park might be in the city of Atlanta ? Come on give me your best estimate. Let's use a 2300 sq foot home as the sq footage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT