ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL PICK THE SCORE THREAD UCF

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
Would love to predict a win. This will be the speech at the cemetery proved true. They’re bigger, faster, stronger - just plain better. And they know it, too.

Herd 24
FUC 45

I really thought that the line would move after the initial 17.5 but it hasn’t budged, other than actually moving to 18 and back down.

FUC - 42
Marshall - 10
John Holliday - back for more fun in 2020

You guys forget... We actually play what looks like offense in bowl games every year.

Assuming we do that again –

FUC - 38
Marshall - 27

I'm glad UCF got Marshall as our bowl opponent. I was a student during the MAC and then C-USA years together. I have tons of respect for Marshall's accomplishments, especially considering the challenge of being surrounded by bigger schools with larger budgets and a relatively small recruiting territory.

I would love to see UCF and Marshall play a home-and-home series but I guess it doesn't make much sense considering the financials involved.

For now, we'll have to settle for the bowl game. I'm hoping for an entertaining and competitive game but I think UCF's talent gap is a little too much for the Herd to overcome.

UCF 38
Marshall 17

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
28-21 cf.

Marshall plays hard, cf is disappointed and disinterested so the result is closer than expected. Pretty standard scenario for many minor bowls.

Our best win was at FAU by 5. UCF won there by 34. I don’t see us winning even if they come out flat. (And they won’t.)

UCF 38, Marshall 10 (maybe 17 with a meaningless late score)

This could be the very 1st time that this thread is 100% in favor of our opponent! That’s just where we are for this game/current state of our program...

UCF 55
MU 20

UCF decides to take their bowl game selection out on The Herd, along with running it up a little just because they want to.

I don't think these pics are all about the state of our program, insinuating a bad condition; I'm picking UCF by 2 to 3 touchdowns because they are that good. They've been that good for a while. UCF 42, MU 21.

However, I do think we have a shot to beat them; if the ball bounces against them like it did us (bad QB play) at MTSU and UNCC, we win by a point or two.

I don't think these pics are all about the state of our program, insinuating a bad condition; I'm picking UCF by 2 to 3 touchdowns because they are that good. They've been that good for a while. UCF 42, MU 21.

However, I do think we have a shot to beat them; if the ball bounces against them like it did us (bad QB play) at MTSU and UNCC, we win by a point or two.

UCF is having a "down year" and we are picking them to slaughter us... at one of the things we do well (play in bowl games)... That is absolutely a statement about where we are currently.

This could be the very 1st time that this thread is 100% in favor of our opponent! That’s just where we are for this game/current state of our program...

Wrong

Marshall - 27
Florida Central - 17

And DOC will be back to lead us to yet another successful season in 2020, and hopefully beyond!

Can't Decide 20-17 UCF or 20-17 Herd In a real slow and boring game!
Forget style points a win is a win. A year from now no one will care how you won.

Go DocBall!

The ball didn't bounce against us vs MT or Charlotte. Heck, we just let the air out of it.

Wrong

Marshall - 27
Florida Central - 17

And DOC will be back to lead us to yet another successful season in 2020, and hopefully beyond!
Are you willing to give me and anyone else that wants the action UCF and 10? I'm sure there will be more than a few takers.

Wrong

Marshall - 27
Florida Central - 17

I wish I was this optimistic, I really do. Be that as it may, the only way I see us having a shot to win is if UCF doesn’t mentally show up or they have a ton of turnovers. UCF 45-20

Reactions: ilmherdfan
I can handle the predictions to lose. But those of you predicting a loss then giving reasons/ conditions on a win in case we win. Come on. Just pick the loss and own it. Enough of the...”but if we win it will be because UCF isn’t mentally in it”.

Reactions: marshallsig
That’s definitely a possibility, however. It’s not just hyperbole. Teams not showing up and getting up for bowls is relatively commonplace. Especially for a program like UCF, that now has to play in the Gasparilla Bowl after beating Auburn in the Peach Bowl and going toe-to-toe with LSU in the Fiesta Bowl the past 2 years. A letdown is definitely possible.

The final score will likely depend on how hard they decide to stay on the gas. I do think Knox will have a decent game, over 100 yards, but we will try and play ball control and not convert enough 3rd downs to make those yards matter. I would love to be 100% wrong, but I'm seeing 48-16 UCF.

Now for the homer post. If they are willing to follow my advice, they can win.

Gaines is the QB and we go with a ride and read and option game plan with a lot of motion misdirection. We have all 4 TEs on the field with Morrell as an Hback. We run 90% of the time with an occasional deep shot to keep a safety honest. On defense we play a two deep zone. Do that and we win 24-21.

Reactions: johns1124
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT