ADVERTISEMENT

UK playing at So. Miss.

Herd Insider

Green Buffalo
Dec 29, 2013
UK has a home and home with Southern Miss. UK going to USM this season. The Wildcats can play them (a much better team than us) but won't play us. What gives?

Their excuse on this series was they needed a last minute replacement for UAB when the shut down their program. So USM went to Lexington last year. They said they had to agree to the away game to get the opponent.

They have refused to play Marshall for years. MH has tried multiple times to get U.K. On the schedule.

this deal was signed after the 2014 season to replace UAB at the last minute. USM had just gone 0-12, 1-11, and 3-9. USM agreed to a $200k payout for the trip to Lexington (yes, i said $200k). UK agreed to no payout for going to Hattiesburg (yes, i said NO payout). the contract with UAB would have paid them $800k for the trip to Lexington. had USM not just gone 4-32, you can bet UK would have managed to "find" someone else...

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-football/article44602905.html

Andy explains it very well. UK needed a quick replacement for UAB and USM was a very weak team at the time. When (not if) MU puts the aberational 16 season behind it and resumes its winning ways, there is no chance that UK plays us, not only home and home, but at all. UK has to play in the Greatest Conference In The History Of The World, plus play probation-bound Loserville. That leaves it with 3 games upon which it has to figure out a way to go at least 6-6 and get to a bowl. It is going to play a I-AA and the two weakest I-A s that it can find, all for no return if possible.

Why would it play us, when we might win?

If you want to see the Wildcats around here, UK is in CUSA for men's soccer (SEC doesn't play that sport) and they usually play us in baseball. All you will ever see.

Andy explains it very well. UK needed a quick replacement for UAB and USM was a very weak team at the time. When (not if) MU puts the aberational 16 season behind it and resumes its winning ways, there is no chance that UK plays us, not only home and home, but at all. UK has to play in the Greatest Conference In The History Of The World, plus play probation-bound Loserville. That leaves it with 3 games upon which it has to figure out a way to go at least 6-6 and get to a bowl. It is going to play a I-AA and the two weakest I-A s that it can find, all for no return if possible.

Why would it play us, when we might win?

If you want to see the Wildcats around here, UK is in CUSA for men's soccer (SEC doesn't play that sport) and they usually play us in baseball. All you will ever see.
CM Newton told a friend of mine the exact same thing years ago....I'm sure the stance is still basically the same. They are less likely to play us than the eers, ESPECIALLY in huntington.

Reactions: The Real SamC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT