ADVERTISEMENT

WV Senate Race

Dreh_Nagi_HC_IM

Gold Buffalo
Feb 22, 2017
With Blankenship jumping in the race as a 3rd party option, this will probably be enough for Manchin to win again. Even if Blankenship gets 2-3% of the vote, that's enough to solidify Manchin's victory, since the polls are pretty close.

Should be a law that clearly states sore losers cannot run in the general if they lose in the primary.

Reactions: marshallisqbu
I would love for Don to be eligible to run in the GE but I don't know how he gets around the law. It's pretty clear.

THE “SORE LOSER” or “SOUR GRAPES” LAW (W. Va. Code §§ 3-5-7(d)(6) and 3-5-23) Candidates affiliated with a recognized political party who run for election in a primary election and who lose the nomination cannot change her or his voter registration to a minor party organization/unaffiliated candidate to take advantage of the later filing deadlines and have their name on the subsequent general election ballot.

Reactions: countryroads89
Don can’t run because of the sour grapes law. That said, if he were allowed to and ran anyway, he would be assuring a Manchin victory. He is smart enough to know that. West Virginia has a real opportunity to get rid of Manchin once and for all and we better not blow it.

Don can’t run because of the sour grapes law. That said, if he were allowed to and ran anyway, he would be assuring a Manchin victory. He is smart enough to know that. West Virginia has a real opportunity to get rid of Manchin once and for all and we better not blow it.

It's nice to see a Republican admit that about a third of your base are the kind of morons that would vote for a murderer and all-around no-good motherfvcker.

The older I get, the more I understand why the Founders wanted a very small percentage of the citizenry to vote.

And what has Joe Manchin done to you? Except for vote like a Republican only 2/3rds of the time.

What is preventing him from mounting a massive write-in campaign?

Nothing.

Hell, he doesn't have to run at all to be a spoiler. Anyone can run ads. "Big Pharma Patrick" and "Overdose Morrisey" are catchy. I'd probably also include "New Jersey Douchebag cockscuker", but I'm not sure WSAZ would run that exact phrase.

Reactions: marshallisqbu
Nothing.

Hell, he doesn't have to run at all to be a spoiler. Anyone can run ads. "Big Pharma Patrick" and "Overdose Morrisey" are catchy. I'd probably also include "New Jersey Douchebag cockscuker", but I'm not sure WSAZ would run that exact phrase.
They might not run it, but they will quote it while they have a news segment on the ad they are not running, while also running the ad.

It's nice to see a Republican admit that about a third of your base are the kind of morons that would vote for a murderer and all-around no-good motherfvcker.

The older I get, the more I understand why the Founders wanted a very small percentage of the citizenry to vote.

And what has Joe Manchin done to you? Except for vote like a Republican only 2/3rds of the time.

Joe virtually never votes like a republican, especially on large issues. He wouldn’t vote to repeal Obamacare, when his vote would have been the deciding one. Luckily, we didn’t need his vote to get the tax cuts but he still voted no to that too. Thankfully, I get to keep a lot more of my money despite Manchin, not thanks to him.

As for Don, he’s as much a murderer as my CEO would be if a bank robber shot and killed someone at our bank during a robbery. He was 5-6 levels of management away from those types of decisions that were being made on a daily basis underground. I know people personally who will tell you that mine inspectors let things go and falsify reports all the time, so why aren’t you blaming them? It was an accident, Raoul, plain and simple.

As for Don being “all around no good,” tell that to the thousands of poor families he has helped at Thanksgiving and Christmas. You can also tell that to my uncle, who Don personally kept his construction business from going bankrupt when my uncle got hurt.

And I didn’t even vote for him. I voted for Jenkins.

Don’t let ideology blind you. I bust your chops but you truly are smarter than that.

I agree with you on this one, and even though I'm not a resident of WV, it's not going to hurt the Republicans if Joe wins again. I think most people view him as a Republican, who ran as a Democrat back in the day, because 98% of the time, if you were a democrat in WV, you beat the Republican candidate. Other than that, I see him as a Republican, and he's been a key vote for the Republicans from time to time.

Joe virtually never votes like a republican, especially on large issues. He wouldn’t vote to repeal Obamacare, when his vote would have been the deciding one. Luckily, we didn’t need his vote to get the tax cuts but he still voted no to that too. Thankfully, I get to keep a lot more of my money despite Manchin, not thanks to him.

As for Don, he’s as much a murderer as my CEO would be if a bank robber shot and killed someone at our bank during a robbery. He was 5-6 levels of management away from those types of decisions that were being made on a daily basis underground. I know people personally who will tell you that mine inspectors let things go and falsify reports all the time, so why aren’t you blaming them? It was an accident, Raoul, plain and simple.

As for Don being “all around no good,” tell that to the thousands of poor families he has helped at Thanksgiving and Christmas. You can also tell that to my uncle, who Don personally kept his construction business from going bankrupt when my uncle got hurt.

And I didn’t even vote for him. I voted for Jenkins.

Don’t let ideology blind you. I bust your chops but you truly are smarter than that.

If I were Manchin I would have voted the same way. Like it or not, WV is a dirt poor state and benefits greatly from the ACA. Until someone has a better idea, the ACA and Medicaid are all a lot of the working poor have.

http://www.register-herald.com/news...cle_81feacc5-ccc1-58fd-aad4-f5e6a8c85405.html

Blankenship was directly implicated in ordering the skirting of rules and mandating alerting of the presence of inspectors by the federal investigation. He wasn't just some money manager CEO, he knew those mines inside and out. You believe what you want, but the record shows otherwise. And yes the mine inspectors are crooked too. They should all rot in prison.

John Gotti handed out birds at Thanksgiving. He also supported small business guys in the neighborhood.

I think Jenkins doesn't have many original thoughts, and he has switched sides as often as a lipstick lesbian in a gangbang video, but he was the best pick you had of the three, and by God he is an actual West Virginian so there's always that.

I agree with you on this one, and even though I'm not a resident of WV, it's not going to hurt the Republicans if Joe wins again. I think most people view him as a Republican, who ran as a Democrat back in the day, because 98% of the time, if you were a democrat in WV, you beat the Republican candidate. Other than that, I see him as a Republican, and he's been a key vote for the Republicans from time to time.

You may know I moved to WV when I was 16. I was always pretty interested in politics as a kid. The hardest thing for me to understand back then in WV was that party affiliation didn't mean squat. By God, granddaddy voted for FDR and was in the UMW, and that meant everyone was a Democrat.

If the GOP was where it was in Reagan's time, I think Joe would be tempted to switch parties. I also think he kind of enjoys being in the middle and working on deals...it would be boring for him to just sit back and vote the party line all the time. He's way too hands on for that.

Agree again, and for the record, I like Joe Manchin. Seems like a straight up dude who, like you said, is voting based on the good of the state he's representing. Sadly, it seems a lot of West Virginians, particular WVU fans, don't like him due to his involvement with the WVU-Herd football series. That's about as shallow as it gets. Hate Joe because he would like to see the two in-state schools play sporting events against one another. Damn backward hillbillies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT