ADVERTISEMENT

You herd it here first....

Well, if at all true, Legg is gonna need to really make the offense look good.
This is essentially his resume.

BTW

Is Floyd Mayweather posting threads on this board?

I’d already posted last week on old Fairfield that I’d bet money he retires off bowl game, so you technically wasn’t the first

Isn’t there two OC’s
Well one OC and one Co OC...........
Wonder which one he’s is talking about?

But Bill Legg does suck and don’t know how to get creative when you have weaknesses among the team, but he should have been fired after the last game if not sooner...

Reactions: jmac95
For the good of the program, I can only hope. I'll believe it when I see it. Doc replaces Legg with an OC who brings in the Wing T!

Ummm guys, Billy Legg is not the issue! Yes we need a new (OC). But if Coach Heat retires, the Herd defense is in trouble......trouble! In my Dolla Bill voice.

Ummm guys, Billy Legg is not the issue! Yes we need a new (OC). But if Coach Heat retires, the Herd defense is in trouble......trouble! In my Dolla Bill voice.

Explain why Bill Legg is not the issue? Agree on Heater. I would hate to see him leave.

With all those starters coming back, we have a chance to be really good. Get an OC in who can implement a scheme to fit Littons skills set and we should be good to go. Or, a new OC who goes with Green - who can actually run when needed.

TwoHerd, we screwed either way! What I mean is that if we go with a senior (QB) who's skill set is very mediocre, it's the same story as this year. Chase can throw, I give that to the young man, but he can't eluded a rush, slow as church on Easter Sunday. Let's be real, look at the tape from this year. Chase can't skip, sing, or hum. Conversely, you put a baby face (QB) back there and we are set back (3) years simply for development purposes.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
If you look at the roster under "Offensive Line," you'll see that whoever our OC is will look pretty smart the next two years, maybe three.

Explain why Bill Legg is not the issue? Agree on Heater. I would hate to see him leave.

With all those starters coming back, we have a chance to be really good. Get an OC in who can implement a scheme to fit Littons skills set and we should be good to go. Or, a new OC who goes with Green - who can actually run when needed.

What exactly is Chase's skill set?

TwoHerd, we screwed either way! What I mean is that if we go with a senior (QB) who's skill set is very mediocre, it's the same story as this year. Chase can throw, I give that to the young man, but he can't eluded a rush, slow as church on Easter Sunday. Let's be real, look at the tape from this year. Chase can't skip, sing, or hum. Conversely, you put a baby face (QB) back there and we are set back (3) years simply for development purposes.

I am with you about Chase. We heard glowing reports last summer and fall about Green. Hell, I'd go with him if we get a new OC and see what happens. Cato made it work, maybe Green will as well. Who knows.

Reactions: JC102
What development? Chase has developed less in three years than Cato did between his first start and the Beef O Brady bowl...

Its fairly simple in regards to chase.......the offense that Legg stubbornly forces, is not the style of offense that chase can excel in. Instead of road grader type lineman, we recruited lineman that supposedly can block in space, that is geared for the ride and read. Cato exceled in that style offense, chase on the other hand is a pocket passer, in need of a pro style offensive scheme. Why we didn't change to his proper style, since the offense tends to operate around the QB, is beyond me. We could have been running the same style offense that Leftwich was using, and he would have had a better chance to showcase his talents. JMHO, to each their own.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Its fairly simple in regards to chase.......the offense that Legg stubbornly forces, is not the style of offense that chase can excel in. Instead of road grader type lineman, we recruited lineman that supposedly can block in space, that is geared for the ride and read. Cato exceled in that style offense, chase on the other hand is a pocket passer, in need of a pro style offensive scheme. Why we didn't change to his proper style, since the offense tends to operate around the QB, is beyond me. We could have been running the same style offense that Leftwich was using, and he would have had a better chance to showcase his talents. JMHO, to each their own.

What make a change to the offense to better fit our weaknesses..... what are you nuts!!!!!!, don’t you know it’s the players fault for all the losses.

This^

The big reason why our offense doesn't look like it did with Cato is because Chase is zero threat to keep the ball on the read and run with it. There is absolutely no sense running a bunch of read-option plays when your QB is a pocket passer.

1. Teams don't have to respect the option, because there isn't one. 2. It gets your running back drilled pretty much every play.

That is Legg's biggest failure... Play calling is what it is, and every time the team loses someone is going to blame play calling, but not running an offense that compliments your starting QB (for the last two seasons) is idiotic.

Offense should have been changed/modified for Chase Litton. You can't run the sets in my opinion like Cato did with a 6-6 QB. We could have made plenty of tweaks and been much more successful but we all know that tweaks are not part of the offensive scheme/game plan by BL. BL put a square peg in a round hole.

And we like to talk about Cato's development between his first game and two years later...that is because he had a real QB coach. CL did not. He didn't get one until this year.

Offense should have been changed/modified for Chase Litton. You can't run the sets in my opinion like Cato did with a 6-6 QB. We could have made plenty of tweaks and been much more successful but we all know that tweaks are not part of the offensive scheme/game plan by BL. BL put a square peg in a round hole.

And we like to talk about Cato's development between his first game and two years later...that is because he had a real QB coach. CL did not. He didn't get one until this year.

I think Cato's development was largely due to his work ethic and competitive nature. Chase doesn't seem to have much of either.

There are tons of ways a college QB can improve without a QB coach one staff. Camps, personal QB coaches, watching video, working on his own, etc.

Good QB's work and study constantly. Average QB's don't.

But again, Legg sure as hell didn't help.

Then how did this offense do so well against Purdue with a QB who was bigger than Litton in Birdsong? Or with Froh (who really was who this offense was built for).
I swear I think Litton ran it more his freshman year, which gave us more success and a challenge for defenses.

Then how did this offense do so well against Purdue with a QB who was bigger than Litton in Birdsong? Or with Froh (who really was who this offense was built for).
I swear I think Litton ran it more his freshman year, which gave us more success and a challenge for defenses.
Because Litton is not a runner. He has no business having to run. Same as Leftwich or Pennington.

Some people’s hate of Litton will never give him a fair chance. Had he had a true QB coach like Cato early on and and offense more suited for him brings would be better. In fact if we ran tempo more now we would do better. When we have gone fast he has been more successful.

The thing about Birdsong was when he was the starter everybody wanted Litton. Well he lost his redshirt and it hurt. Thank god Green’s redshirt wasn’t wasted like some wanted this year in the second half of year

I think Cato's development was largely due to his work ethic and competitive nature. Chase doesn't seem to have much of either.

There are tons of ways a college QB can improve without a QB coach one staff. Camps, personal QB coaches, watching video, working on his own, etc.

Good QB's work and study constantly. Average QB's don't.

But again, Legg sure as hell didn't help.

You don’t know if he does just like I don’t. Cato had a strong work ethic but look back at his troubles. He was immature And did stupid things. In fact a lot of Herd fans wanted someone else. Cato had Tony Petersen his first two years right out of High School. I remember how I was and I wasn’t an athlete. CL needed a Tony Petersen his first two years. Heck even our favorite in Chad Pennington needed a redshirt year to get to where he ended up.

I don’t know what CL would be now or next year but I know had he had a true QB coach working on mechanics he would be a lot better. He had a OL or TE coach as his QB coach his first two years. That would be like a lawyer trying to teach me accounting.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Because Litton is not a runner. He has no business having to run. Same as Leftwich or Pennington.

Some people’s hate of Litton will never give him a fair chance. Had he had a true QB coach like Cato early on and and offense more suited for him brings would be better. In fact if we ran tempo more now we would do better. When we have gone fast he has been more successful.

The thing about Birdsong was when he was the starter everybody wanted Litton. Well he lost his redshirt and it hurt. Thank god Green’s redshirt wasn’t wasted like some wanted this year in the second half of year

People wanted Litton because he got hurt in the 1st game and threw badly in the 2nd game.

You don’t know if he does just like I don’t. Cato had a strong work ethic but look back at his troubles. He was immature And did stupid things. In fact a lot of Herd fans wanted someone else. Cato had Tony Petersen his first two years right out of High School. I remember how I was and I wasn’t an athlete. CL needed a Tony Petersen his first two years. Heck even our favorite in Chad Pennington needed a redshirt year to get to where he ended up.

I don’t know what CL would be now or next year but I know had he had a true QB coach working on mechanics he would be a lot better. He had a OL or TE coach as his QB coach his first two years. That would be like a lawyer trying to teach me accounting.

I understand where you are coming from but he has ample time to work on mechanics, He can see film and see that he is not stepping through his throws, thus releasing the ball high and causing it to sail on him. Just like a pitcher not getting a good kick, thus leans back and releases the ball too soon - throws it high. This is a very easy fix. It's more mental with CL than ability. He will not run, or even attempt it. Many times he drops his arm when throwing, almost a 3/4 throw. He has the ability for crying out loud, he is a D1 college QB and a three years starter. jmo

Cato had no fear.

You're romanticizing a bit here. Cato played scared most of his first 2.5 seasons. He was scared to death to run and when he did he would attempt to slide, but instead slam himself (mainly his elbow) down at the first sign he was going to get hit. Several times a game people were on here getting on him for coming up short on first downs. Even the announcers would comment on him.

Cato was not a running threat until we played Rhode Island and he broke that 80 yard run.

Cato's best attribute was that he was maybe 6ft tall and slight in weight so he could escape pressure and scramble around waiting for an open man. It's incredibly hard for a 6'6" 225lb QB to move the ways that Cato did. If Litton could do that he wouldn't be playing here.

Cato did a lot of the same stuff that Litton does. Until his senior year he locked in on his target (mostly Tommy Shuler) and lost us several games with late interceptions. See Both trips to Athens and their trip here in 2012. Go watch the WKU game again and how the same guy baits him 4 times.

I like Cato a lot, but for his first two seasons there were a lot of people demanding AJ Graham to start.

Tulsa 2013 was Cato's arrival. When he took that game over and willed us to a win. The coaches and the writers all cited that game as the turning point in his career and this team's trajectory.

Maybe Legg leaves and the next OC allows Litton to play to his strengths instead of the garbage play calling we had this season.

Cato had no fear. Litton plays scared. If Cato has Littons body he would be in the nfl.
I sent this msg to @boogXIV before the WKU game: I watched you play vs MTSU. The whole game. you looked loose & confident. You were smiling the majority of the time when the camera zoomed in on your face. You had your best game of the season, and we won easily. Since then, no smiles! What is different? For better or worse, the team feeds off of your attitude. Smile, have fun, play loose & the team will follow you. Watch on Sat to see if he is smiling......

Go HERD !!!!

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Yes, a minor league arena team.

I sent this msg to @boogXIV before the WKU game: I watched you play vs MTSU. The whole game. you looked loose & confident. You were smiling the majority of the time when the camera zoomed in on your face. You had your best game of the season, and we won easily. Since then, no smiles! What is different? For better or worse, the team feeds off of your attitude. Smile, have fun, play loose & the team will follow you. Watch on Sat to see if he is smiling......

Go HERD !!!!

So the poster who waxed poetic about the comparisons between the Herd fan base and Brokeback Mountain's gay cowboys is now tweeting at players about their smiles.

Good stuff, Herdnation, good stuff.

So the poster who waxed poetic about the comparisons between the Herd fan base and Brokeback Mountain's gay cowboys is now tweeting at players about their smiles.

Good stuff, Herdnation, good stuff.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT