ADVERTISEMENT

wvu to the MAC?

Is it time for wvu to go to the MAC? It's clear that they simply don't belong in the Big 12 on an athletics level.

In men's basketball, they are 0-5 in the conference. In volleyball, they went 0-16. In tennis, they went 0-9. In football, they finished 9th out of 10 teams. In baseball, they finished in the bottom half. In women's basketball, they're in the bottom half (just like last year). In golf, they were 10th out of 10. In women's swimming, they finished 4th out of 5 teams. In men's swimming, they finished in last. In wrestling, they finished in the bottom half which includes athletic powerhouses such as Utah Valley and Northern Colorado.

They simply aren't competitive in the conference in any sport, and it has to be a drain on tax payer money considering they bring no pride or spotlight to the state. Considering the state also is one of the leading recipients of federal welfare, perhaps shutting down wvu athletics and using that money for the plague of poorness in the state is a better use of funds.

My Thoughts...as if you cared

Last nights loss to Louisiana Monroe sucked. No getting around it. All losses suck, and all wins are awesome. I dont care who we play. I dont care if we win by 1 win when are suppose to win by 20, or lose by 1 when we were suppose to lose by 30. Losses suck, and wins are awesome.

But

There were a few things I didnt like last night. For the first time all year, there were a few moments when a few players clearly were taking the opponent lightly. It hurt...but...you know me...always positive, so here are my thoughts.

1. Losses like this suck, but they suck more in March.
2. We went down to Queens, we lost. But we learned from it and won 9 straight. Things we learned in that game have helped us throughout the season.
3. One has to assume, based on this season, that will be the case after this loss as well.
4. Coach D'Antoni was not happy at all with the game last night, and it was noticeable. If people cant tell the knowledge this man has and how he has gotten better each year as the leader of this program, then I cant change your mind, so its pointless to go in to.
5. For the first time in his career, Kinsey took a game over. Took it over. His two missed foul shots killed us, but he took it over from about the three minute mark of the second half. Every play went through him, and he delivered time and again. He knows now that he has that in him. That will only help us later in the year. Kinsey used to be that guy that announcers would say, "at the end of the game you look up and he has 24." Well, last night, that wasnt the case, you saw his 28, all of them. He went out there and took them when we needed them. That is a BIG TIME moment for the future of this season.
6. Jacob Conner. YOu look at the shooting numbers, 3 - 11 and 1-8 from three. You assume, WOW, he must have sucked. He did struggle throughout the game defensively, guarding a larger guy. But, he played a season high 29 minutes. He had two turnovers. He kept shooting, only hesitating once. But after that hesitation, he still hit a three the next time down. It was a HUGE shot. The next possession he missed a three but got the rebound and a put back but stepped out of bound by an inch. That changed the game. He stepped in to each shot. Had three big steals, nearly all coming late. Snagged four rebounds against a couple bigger tougher guys. This was a HUGE game for him. This will be impactful over the next month.
7. David Early is starting to garner more trust from the staff. I hate that he is always looking over his shoulder to see if he messed up, and is coming out (reminds me of the way Joe Miles had to play back in the day) but he has the potential to go off at any time.
8. Fans and Obinna both, got to see how important he is last night. Sure his offense struggles, but we sorely missed him in those overtime periods.
9. Losing sucks, but if you are going to lose, get it out of your system now. And learn from it. This team has shown the ability to do that all year.
10. Kudos for the students for showing out, and staying until the bitter end.

17 - 5 through 22 games.

6 - 3 in the Sun Belt (same record as the "awful" team that got hot and beat us last night)

Saturday is huge, and the next two weekends are even bigger.

Still a long, fun way to go.

GO HERD!!!!

Nancy Pelosi's Husband Beaten With Hammer During Home Invasion

Sounds like he go beat up pretty bad during a home invasion.

Bowl Attendance Solution

The bowl attendance (for the most part) is woefully low. Teams playing far from home w/ little or no support (unless, of course, you're OSU, Bama, UG, etc.) and very few interested locals attending. Why not play the 'lesser bowl' games (other than the playoff games) at the home field of the better team and offering the opposing team half of the tickets, guaranteeing them the opportunity to attend and half-fill the stadium. "But that's not FAIR to the poorer team...". Wah, wah, wah snowflakes. Perhaps that will be an incentive to do better next year. I think that would go a LONG way to increase the attendance by leaps and bounds. Ok naysayers...your turn.

Talk about a real estate genius. Wow this guy somehow did this.

Below is a picture of Mush Biden's house(one of them). This is his main house.

You tycoons have nothing on this. How does he do it?

Now, a US Senator currently makes about $174,000 annually. That is today and in today's dollars. Pretty amazing how a guy who's life was spent at this income level can get a house like this. Pretty good for 174k a year. How many guys do you know that make a decent middle class wage and that don't come from wealth can buy this? How would they even afford the taxes or upkeep?

im-158137

Now, below is the same guy's beach home. A home near it sold recently for over $9 million. Word is Biden spent over 400 Grand on the fence. The fence. Pretty amazing for a guy that made about $174,000 a year.

6.1+Biden+-+house+updated.JPG

What do we do about the existential crisis facing western civilization?

Short of outright violence that no one wants, what can be done about the cultural rot and decline that we have suffered over the last 40 years?

From the mass importation of the 3rd world, to “harm-reduction” policies that have encouraged and enabled the destruction of individuals, to the forgiveness of criminal behavior, to the destruction of the nuclear family, to the empowerment of obesity . . . all of the problems facing humanity stem from leftist policies that grant them more power and money.

When will the civilized world wake up to what is happening around them? Why is civilizational decay tolerated?

Why aren’t homogeneous, high IQ, high-trust locations like Singapore and Japan experiencing the same cultural decline that the west is facing?

Could it be that they invest in their infrastructure instead of giving away their country’s resources and wealth to be money-laundered back into their pockets? Why do western leaders insist on importing tens of millions of sub-100 IQ migrants when the high trust Asian countries forbid them from entering?

Login to view embedded media
Reactions: ThunderCat98

Basketball Tickets - ULM and Ga State

The Ga State game (Sat.) has 119 tickets left in the modified capacity. About 40 tickets were sold after 6p yesterday. Pretty high likelihood of a "sell-out". Rumor on the street is that tarp is being removed to open additional seats - although this would surprise because of the safety issues (i.e., alcohol sales, narrow/steep stairs, no hand rails).

The ULM game tonight has about 770 tickets in the modified capacity.

ODU is leading total attendance (all games) with a 5273 average. If MU gets the expected 11,400+ for the two games this weekend, total game attendance will be about 4,535. If we focus solely on conference games, ODU averages 5548 (through five home games); Marshall (with the expected weekend) will be around 4889 (through seven games). The Herd would have to get 6090 per game this weekend to get over the 5000 mark for conference games.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT