ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

HerdIrishfan

Gold Buffalo
Jan 30, 2010
I think we are all disappointed in the outcome of the game last night. It seemed like we played with a lack of effort in spots. But I think I'm not alone in the opinion that this was a great season (specifically the conference season). Next year without knowing what the other teams have returning I think we should be one of the top 3-4 conference favorites. We lose Kelly which will be a major loss. We also lose Edmonds who we will have an easier time to replacing but not discrediting his career here. I'm hoping Nikolic will use the time off this season to get stronger and quicker and come back next year and take Edmonds spot as a backup guard on the bench. Thompson will be big next year possibly even starting in Kelly's spot next year. Forgive me but not that up on the hoops recruiting. Who do we have coming in next year that can help us? Do we have any players signed that can come in next year and become an immediate help? Any transfers? I've heard to whispers of a transfer possibly coming in but not sure. If we can add 2-3 impact newcomers next year to go with Elmore, Browning, Burks, Loop, Taylor, Thompson, Nikolic we could be even better next year.

2 have been signed. 6'6" forward from Wheeling, , Phil Bledsoe and a 6'9" Williams kid from Ga. That is all the scholarships we have. There are rumors of a graduate transfer but that is hush hush. Not allowed to ha contact with them until they get a release from their present school. That wouldn't happen until the semester ends.
You mentioned Aleksa. He hasn't done much since the November injury. Just released to lift weights less than a month ago. Can't practice basketball till May pe doctor orders

I think Kelly was a once in a lifetime kind of transfer, but if it's akin to the rumors I've heard, the GT will probably be a contributor to the team. Very excited for next year, can't wait to see how Elmore improves & I'm expecting big things out of CJ Burkes next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT